It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Demon" captured in wedding photo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Saw this quite a while back.

It's a Jinn. Believe it, or not.

A few traditions (hadith), divide jinn into three classes: those who have wings and fly in the air, those who resemble snakes and dogs, and those who travel about ceaselessly.

Wiki

It's one of those entities that likes hanging over your left shoulder.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This photograph and accompanying story have been around for some time. And as compelling as the story is and as disturbing as the photo appears to be, there is no way to explain it's authenticity with any real certainty. It could be a demon or a djinn or a dog or a coincidental trick of photography, who really knows for sure? And for anyone to claim that they have solved this one, short of Bruce McAbee, renowned Photo Physicist, doing a definitive analysis of the original photograph, it is mere speculation as to what is going on. I do enjoy the fact that when it comes to any photo that accompanies any post on ATS, you have 10 people who scream, "Yeah man, that's Photoshop all the way!..case closed...Photo Shop apparently seems to be the culprit responsible all paranormal phenomena, I guess we can all sleep a little more peacefully now knowing that the mystery has been solved.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
HAHAHA. It's a dog a freaking dog. Not satan or a devil demon w,e, Clearly it is just a dog and too many people are gulible and fooling themsevles into magical thinking. Seriously if this is the future of ATS i am just going to laugh the entire time.

I've heard it all, from "demons" possessing people, to others saying im a demon, to anything really. All this is, nothing more than magical thinking. Lets get rid of magical thinking because it doesnt exist, only in our imagenations does it have life.

Crazy people are ruling the world it would seem, shame.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

Whilst there are a few people who may take their dog to a formal occasion and allow it to jump around the guests and onto tables, fortunately this does not happen very often. Also looking at the uncropped picture, the dog would be rather restricted in it's movements as the couple are standing with their backs to a table, which is up against a wall! Furthermore, it looks like there is a cake (probably very expensive) on the table behind the couple, so I imagine a dog running loose, jumping up onto the table then jumping up behind a guest would probably attract a lot of attention with other people in the picture trying to capture the escaped dog and the subjects of the photo would themselves probably be distracted by such a sequence of events and would be unlikely to just stand perfectly still posing for the camera.

I agree that occams razor is a powerful tool - always look to the most simple explanation, but when you look at this photo, the standard response of "it's just a dog that jumped up" is probably more far fetched than a paranormal one, if they were in a park, yes fair enough, or in their own home, but as this is clearly a formal event (sorry can't remember if it was a wedding or an anniversary celebration) in a formal venue, the likelyhood of a random, badly behaved dog, photobombing the guests is remote.

I do agree that it could be paradolia, caused by different elements in the background, but it is so clearly a dog that seems to stand out from the background, that I do feel it is a genuinely interesting picture, that cannot be immediately cast off as "it's a real dog, jumping up - case closed"

And I would also like to add that there is no need to be rude, you are posting in the paranormal section of a conspiracy based website, this particular board has T&C's that state that the subject matter is highly speculative and that posters should be mindful of this when replying to threads. It would hardly be a paranormal forum if everything in it could be easily explained and if you think it's nonsense - don't post in it.

edit on 3-11-2010 by destination now because: getting on my high horse about people being unecessarily rude!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

BAM! POW! Lay down the law sistah...I dig your moves and your style..

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by openmind444

Why thank you! Some things just have to be said though. And your previous post was also very insightful and thought provoking and you are right, the photo is so old and there is very little in the way of analysis to come to any meaningful or definitive conclusion....A mystery indeed

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

With all due respect, paranormal and conspiracy orientated or not, ATS is an open forum and believers and skeptics alike, both sides have the same right to post here if they wish.

In my humble opinion, ATS would be a rather dull place if you had your way. Without opinions other than 'omg its a demun' and 'believe it or not, it's a djinn. i know this because i am magic' we wouldn't exactly be 'denying ignorance' would we?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

There is a difference between having a reasoned debate, asking questions, debunking etc and simply mocking people for their beliefs/opinions...If I think someone is deluded and talking nonsense and unwilling to listen to any viewpoint but their own, then I simply leave the debate, I don't make rude, scathing remarks to them!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

There was one showed up in most of my wedding pics....I'd just married her!
I've seen that photo several times, and to me it looks like a dog. On the other hand, it's amazing what the eye doesn't see, but the camera does!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Hey, we Scots have to stick together right lassie?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by openmind444

Aye! and I think we Scots are renowed for our down to earth, level headed reasoning and ability to look at things from the most simplistic viewpoint "as yer granny wud say - ach dinae be daft hen" Whilst remaining open to the possibilities that we don't understand everything and there's plenty more to learn!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now

Originally posted by openmind444

Aye! and I think we Scots are renowed for our down to earth, level headed reasoning and ability to look at things from the most simplistic viewpoint "as yer granny wud say - ach dinae be daft hen" Whilst remaining open to the possibilities that we don't understand everything and there's plenty more to learn!

This Scot thinks it looks awfy like a wee dug, (wi a funny big nose??).

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I agree, a wee mongrel dug! but that doesn't answer the questions of why it was there, rampaging round someone's wedding/anniversary reception and why the subjects in the photo don't seem to be bothered about a dog jumping from a table behind them, as it must have been from the table or else the dog has supernatural jumping ability, or if it was a larger dog then surely you'd see other parts of the dog, legs, tail body etc. A friend of mine has a great dane'lab cross and if he jumped he would probably easily reach shoulder height, but he's massive, you would see more of him in the picture (and he'd probably knock you over!) But the subjects in the photo are just standing still posing and surely they would have reacted if there had been a real dog behind them. I also think people would be concerned that the dog would damage the cake if it were on the table and be moving in to shoo it away. Or the entire party could have been committed dog lovers who didn't care about a dog running amok at a posh do!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Agreed..I gotta feeling that we could be mates around here.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Dude if I saw that picture with a man I was married to or dating like that, I'd divorce/leave his sorry butt!

I would be afraid he'd turn into something evil himself!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
LOL

Demons are not never have been & never will be flesh blood, THAT IS A DOG not a demon

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
That looks like a dog, but to me it the markings that are odd. Not many dogs have a black patch going down the nose. Not many dogs appear to have yellow eyes in photos either. I think it was a manifestation of some sort

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
LOL I love how people say its a dog or a demon and nothing more. ITs an optical illusion as I mentioned on the 1st page. HEres why its an illusion the "dogs" eye on the right is in fact the head of the man figurine that is on the cake. DO i have to say more lol
edit on 5/11/2010 by loner007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
There is no way that is a optical illusion, at least your theory...If there is a male figurine then there must be a female. Where is she?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Moose318

take a closer look at the "dogs" left eye.........
also take a closer look at the red tongue...its a cherry on top of the cake.....
cant make out what the nose is but its something that looks like a handle of a corkscrew
edit on 5/11/2010 by loner007 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join