It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Guy in a Truck

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
At what point do you go from being cautious to paranoid? I had a situation this weekend that I just keep chewing on and hope I can get a few opinions from you folks.

So this last weekend my longtime girlfriend (almost 5 years...yes I know I should make her an honest woman
and I planned to spend the weekend with her parents and her sister that flew in for the weekend. We had to go across town to pick up her sister at the airport so ducked out early from work, getting home about 2 hours before I normally would.

Well my gf is really sweet but not a great planner and after we got the van packed up she tells me that we will be REALLY lucky to get to the gas station cause she has been driving for a few days in the red zone. Ahh well, the gas station is only a mile and a half away. We have this pretty tiny driveway and 3 cars so when we are ready to leave, I get in car #3 so I can be nice to the neighbors and leave it in the driveway instead of the street while we are gone. GF just takes off down the road to get gas instead of waiting for me, probably a good choice. I pull the car into the driveway and figure she must have thought the car was so damn low on gas that she had to make a run for it and just sat on the porch to wait.

This is where it gets a little weird...

About a minute after the van left, a red truck blasts down our street. its mid 80's with a canopy with black tint windows and an american flag on a fiberglass flagpole. I noticed the guy for two reasons, 1 because he was speeding down my short dead end street which pisses me off and two because he saw me sitting on the porch and just kinda looked surprised to see me. He whips down to the cultisac turns around and speeds to the end of the street that goes out the main road and parks.

I didn't think too much of it and just sat on my porch waiting for my lady to get back from the gas station. Well im there a long assed time. Its going past 20 minutes and im locked out of the house cause car#3 doesn't have a keychain with a house key and I start to get worried that she actually ran out of gas on the way. Call her, text her multiple times and no answer. Time to take off and see if I can rescue her cause there is no freaking way it is taking this long to get gas.

Well, I get about half way to the gas station and see her at the light. She told me later that it was busy as hell and she had a problem with her card and had to go inside.

Seeing her, I flip a U-turn and head back to my street and see that dude in the truck is still parked at the end of my street and is talking to himself like he is on a bluetooth call. When he sees me coming right back, he goes from talking calmly to being really animated, looking me in the eyes and it looks like he is cursing. This is what really got my attention.

So my lady comes back and picks me up and we pull up next to the guy in the truck. Its rush hour and the main road our little street butts up agains is a 4 laner and really busy that time of day. The guy in the truck sees us pull up next to him and puts his hand against his face and lays down on the seat. Seriously he just tries to hide his face for at least 2 minutes while we sat 2 feet away from him.

I didn't say anything to the gf the whole time but she says to me. "why was that guy hiding his face from us?".

So we take off Friday afternoon have an incredibly fun weekend with the family and I pretty much forgot about the whole thing.

Monday morning and I get in my car and I notice that my passenger sun-visor is at a weird angle. I turn on my car and the turn signal is on. To most people that isn't super weird but i'm an engineer. Hell I am probably borderline aspergers cause I am seriously a creature of habit and this has never happened before. I almost never signal to get onto my street and never signal to get into my driveway. Two serious turns and the turn signal has not reset.

My car is a 2010 sti so not super easy to break into but I do keep a spare key in a bowl on my kitchen counter.

So anyways, reading this back is just sounds a bit crazy but honestly it just has my spidey senses tingling. We had some minor drama that took us out of our normal schedules and saw a weird dude

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
If truckies there are anything like the ones in Aus, and are pushed to keep time limits and all that, he's probably in a psychotic state from amphetamine use, or pulled into a quiet street to engage in some use, and is freaking out that you're some 'agent' out to get him, or something...

You never know, sounds like he's gone a bit loopy from that story however...

oO

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Good point, I may have just caught him trying to have some illicit fun on a side street

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Haha I enjoyed reading that. Kind of weird, but the whole guy trying to do drugs explanation does make some sense. But who knows? The fact your blinker was on seems sort of weird. Keep an eye open to see if you see the same truck or guy, then you need to start worrying.
edit on 2-11-2010 by anthbes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by candide

Dude maybe the guy is having an affair with your lady? There was some confusion about the date of your trip and he was going over to see her when things got messy (maybe read an old sms by mistake), so he called her on his bluetooth while she was down at the store (this is why she took so long) and they sorted it out.

Then at the lights, he hid his face from you to make sure you dont know who he is, just in case you are getting suspicious of their fling.

Sorry if this scenario makes too much sense and you find out this is true dude, but I reread your OP and I think its maybe the case. Is your girlfriend a good liar? or was she flustered after returning from the store?
edit on 2-11-2010 by rajaten because: ok

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I don't think his GF would have mentioned that she noticed the man in the truck and that he was hiding his face. When you are trying to hide something(her cheating), you do whatever you can not to draw attention to it. If she recognized the truck, and the man in it, she would have tried to shift focus on something like the weather or the weekend trip coming up.
edit on 2-11-2010 by anthbes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

Thanks. It kinda makes me feel a lot better just sharing it. Like I said to my gf, we would be pretty boring people to be checking out if that is the case. My biggest vices are beer and checking out alternative news sites like ATS.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Get that car checked. Obviously that guy was there to do something, and hiding his face from you, it involved you or your wife. Sorry, girlfriend. (In my books, 5 years is family)

Would have been a good idea to have gotten his licence plate. Would have really freak him out if he noticed by the sounds of it.

Well, good luck. Hope everything is alright, and just make sure you search up and down for any kind of bug.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
let me get this right. Ok some strange guy was driving around your block in a van when he sees you he leaves "mean while your girlfriend is unaccounted for and when you find her she is driving huh. Then later on when she shows up she parks right next to him and remarks about him trying to hide his face. It might be just me but i would checkup on my girlfriend.I don't want to make you mad by saying that there might be something going on with your girlfriend so please this is just a guess. Ok i bet you got back sunday night right? So did you ever think she could have taken your car out maybe while you slept? the reason i say this is because people who steals stuff dont bring it back. #2 she has easy access to the keys. My guess is she made up the part about the car used a friend to watch you while you are at the house and he phoned her when you left so she wouldn't get caught with someone else in case you decided to go after her "she knew she was going to be awhile". Then when you both got home she waited till you had fallen asleep and used your car to sneak out for a little bit. Or it could be just random but form the way you put it it might not hurt to checkup on her a little. This is how cheating starts as just random stuff that seems weird then as it happens more you start to wonder.I hope its just a weird random thing and best of luck

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

Unless you are really good at deception, in that case the best thing to do is often to draw specific attention to that which you want to hide. (Hidden in plain site). The emotion of guilt also provides strange motives and even stranger actions.

Voltaire is dead OP, im sorry but I think you should take the consideration onboard and just keep an eye out. Maybe check her inbox for messages or her call log on the date... Then you could put the thought completely behind you.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Anything is possible but we honestly have a really good relationship. The dude in the truck was really weird looking so I dont think he would quite be her type.

He looked Italian with one of those weird pencil thin mustaches, was dressed like a migrant worker and had his hair all messed up.

Odd dude for sure and if he managed to ace me out in my relationship I would be super impressed.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Tricky, tricky, tricky. Well I hope that isn't the case. No one deserves to be cheated on. I hope for candide's case it was just some loser burn out trying to find a place to get high!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
O and the thing about her mentioning that he is hiding his face is because it was strange too both of you so it had to be said because he might of said that he noticed the fact that you had been paying attention to him. For some reason i doubt this is the same guy she is seeing "if she is cheating" and she wasn't scared because even if you did check up on him it would lead nowhere as he might be a friend of the guy she is dating and his only job was to call them when you leave the house so she could hide what ever she is doing.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I did memorize his license plate after the weird glare and wrote it down when I got back to my driveway. Looking around the net it costs about $80 to do a lookup and im not really worried enough to spend money to look it up.

If anyone is interested and has a free way to look it up, pm me and I will share it. I feel weird to just post it in the forum.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
nothing missing from the house or out of place? probly a nutter planing a break in or worse. most likly an under cover agent checking up on you due to your involvment on ats!!! just kidding

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by candide

Let me leave you with three cool sayings then:

1) Pride comes before a fall

2) Whenever anyone makes an ASS-U-mption, one typically makes an ass out of you and me.

3) Variety is the spice of life...

Good luck

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Yea, laptop on the coffee table all weekend, nothing in the house missing or out of place.

After some of the replys it does have me thinking it is just a really weird bunch of circumstances and catching a guy trying to get high or something.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Haha, thanks. BTW you are so wrong about Voltaire being dead

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
How old was the guy? Was he at or less than 25? I know my friends and I do really silly things when we're bored, and sometimes alarm people as a result. I know once we got like 4 cops called on us because the guy in front of us thought we were stalking him and wanted to hurt him... how he thought a bunch of 20 year old girls blasting pop music and flailing our arms was dangerous, I'll never know...

Anyways, if it does have something to do with you, I hate to agree with rajaten but it could always be an affair...

Other than that its probably some weirdo getting high or something else silly.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
He looked about 50.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join