It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you really think your vote makes a difference?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Do you really think your vote makes a difference?

Just recently, the "register to vote" banners was put up on the lamp posts and adverts started screening on the TV!!!
"You MUST register to vote" echoed all over SA,and then all of a sudden.....
the different party leaders' faces appears just underneath the "register to vote" banners!!!!

Do you really think your vote counts?
Do you really think that YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

If I throw a stick at you,will you fetch? or do you believe,like I do,that the stick is nothing more than invisible dreams,to far to reach!!!
The government has brought shame and lies upon all the GOOD people of this country,
and the war is about power to the man and not the people!!!
If you vote for any party,you are making them more wealthier and they will,like all the other times before,vanish for 5 years,
before showing up on your town's lamp posts again!

Why do you want to register?
Why do you want to vote?

If America could manipulate the counting system when Obama was elected for President,
or Mugabe could manipulate the people,horrifically,to vote for him,what makes you think that we have a free and fair voting system,
or even that the party you vote for will stand up to there promises?
I beg to differ from there FALSE SPREAD lies,that you can make a difference!!!

*SNIP*

We have never made a difference in politics.The old government never did,and neither does the new one!!!
We are being fed lies about the truth!!THE TRUTH,the very meaning in the word itself has been *SNIP*!
Raped by the rulers of this country!!!

The more recent fights in the ANC,is living proof that power is only available to a very select few,and we have to put a stop to these power abusers!!
Look at all the things happening around us.I say:"Stop the killings and the violence,
bring an end to the suffering of the people and put your differences aside for once and for all.We have sufferd enough.
So I ask of you one more time,

DO YOU REALLY THINK YOUR VOTE COUNTS?

DO YOU.......?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-11-2010 by Squirt1 because: Not complete website address

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
No

If it did,things might change for the better.

That never seems to happen.

Did ya know,that in a true republic,there is no need for us to vote?.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Your vote does not make a difference. Whomever the ptb want in office will be in office %95 of the time. Your vote means s%#! PEOPLE! Take G.W.Bush as an example

second line to say that Fire doesn't burn Chuck Noris, Chuck Noris burns fire.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It wouldn't really matter if your vote counted or not.
They all get their orders from the same people.
Just puppets to keep us distracted from whats really going on.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
it may or may not make any difference if we vote. how could we really tell? i know it couldnt hurt to vote. could it?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
the vote doesnt make a difference simply because the political system is actually a trap

the political system was not made to be fair and to elect the best minds, its just a way to keep the same people in the power but with a camouflage of a democracy

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
People that still think that their votes count are those that are still thinking that the political parties are there for their best interest. Those all so interesting commercials makes you think your part of the action. No one will realize that their vote doesn't count until someone is elected King.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Maybe not in the national elections but in the local elections they do.

Heck even in Cuba they vote for local people.

I just believe they should stop the months long madness.

Start in October and end it all come election day.

What is the alternative?

A totalitarian government where the elite just rule the peons?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This is why I am not going to vote tomorrow. Why should I? IF by some chance my one measily vote would make a different, well I apologize now...but I really don't think. Even everyone's vote, after they're all counted up, probably would not effect anything. Especially after the new health care bill that passed (even though the people of this country and republicans...even some democrats...did not want it) I am fairly convinced that we do not matter. At all.

If the government wants someone to win an election, they'll make sure it happens. All that aside though, I did not thoroughly educate myself with many candidates anyway. I figure I am doing a favor to others of this country by not throwing stupid reasonless votes out there as compared to going and voting all republican or all democrat. Politics just don't mix too well with me, but I do at least know that my vote wouldn't matter.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
i will be voting today and i don't care what anyone else thinks

just to sit back and complain about this and that doesn't change a damn thing.

at least try to make a difference and if you choose not to which is your right you are as much as part of the
problem as the powers that be they are the ones who count on your apathy if people would stand up and be
counted then this country wouldn't be so messed up right now.

the reason is this during the election of lincoln 81% of the population voted and the country went on the right track today less than 40% and there in lies the problem of this country being so screwed right now.

vote dammit and at least try i care not who you vote for but come apart of the process instead of burying your
heads in the sand and give up nothing in this country will ever change until you do.

just vote why the hell not what else you got do that is that important the future is ours to make or
break vote tomorrow for the future you want or the future that will be shoved down your throat without any choice.
edit on 2-11-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
One thing to say when people ask me who I am voting for, or If i am voting..

"It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the votes." (Josef Stalin)

That basically sums it up nice and good for you..

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I want to commend you for voting, yes that is something that most of us will not do, and of course for different reason. So good luck to you and I hope it works out.

Peace, NRE

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Smart, well informed people do not vote. Voting provides the illusion of freedom by the exercise of meaningless choices. The provision of options with controlled/pre-determined outcomes. Smart, well informed people do not vote.

Voting provides your owners the mandate to control you. I do not comply (within the law).

new topics

top topics

join