It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else having trouble accessing the site?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
For some reason when I try to access ATS through my bookmark, it will spend ages trying to connect, only to fail. But if I do a search for ATS and click the link, it connects just fine. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Yes, I had this problem last night, it took forever to load (over 10 mins), but today it seems like it's back to normal,....

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Yes i was having some hard time to come in here just figure out my bookmark was hhtp://abovetopsecret.com (not working) so i change it to www.abovetopsecret.com... working fine

edit on 2-11-2010 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Not having that problem but I am having threads last posted on in 2008 come up on my recent posts list.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

That fixed the problem. Thanks for the tip

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I noticed your post in the Didn't Vote thread. Really bizarre

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
abovetopsecret.com NOT working

www.abovetopsecret.com working.

weird.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppk55
abovetopsecret.com NOT working

www.abovetopsecret.com working.

weird.

Probably has something to do with the .htaccess file on the ATS server. Usually a programmer will write the rule to direct requests for joeswebsite.c0m to www.joeswebsite.c0m. That rule might not work with the new site or someone over looked it when the site was launched.
edit on 2-11-2010 by OneisOne because: to keep the site from hotlinking the fake address.......

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Or to go very conspiracy ... It means all links everywhere that reference abovetopsecret.com are not working right now.

edit again: If this remains in place for 24 hours, and the google search robot finds many dead pages, could that affect ATS google page rankings?

edit on 2-11-2010 by ppk55 because: edit for oneisone

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

ooooo, that's a good one!

Shouldn't there be an evil laugh there somewhere???

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If I type abovetopsecret.com into the URL bar of my computer, it comes up with the search results, as if I had typed it into the google search webpage instead. This just started today for me, as usualy it just takes me straight to the site, rather than providing search results like it is now.
Very strange if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I had to come through a google link to a thread to get here. Nothing is working from my regular address bar or bookmarks. Whats the deal?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Sounds like a trojan or something, sorry. Had it happen to me a few weeks ago.and that was the first symptom. Ended up having to reinstall my system as nothing could get rid of it Beware using system restore as it managed to work itself deeper each time I did. What a bummer. Pretty sure it came from a popup that has a dialog box pop up when you try to close it. Are you sure you want to exit? I use control, alt, del and end the process rather than try to close those out now. Anyone that allows that content on their pages should be hunted down and shot and they wonder why people use pop up blockers..

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I experienced the same problem and it is just now, after 4 or so days, that I am finally able to log on. I actually couldn't use my bookmark link it took forever to load and then would just end up as an error message. I tried typing in on url bar and it took me to "google search" for ATS. I then would click on it and still could not connect to website.

I wasn't sure what was wrong and I didn't know how to go about fixing the problem. I had just about given up. Luckily, I am on lol.....yaaaay! I have not been a member for long, but I love ATS and I hated not being able to connect to it. I hope this doesn't happen again. It's good to know that I was not the only member that could not access the site. I had begun to think it was just me

I have read the other replies and I am wondering if it was a trojan. I have my pop up blocker on so I don't know how if that is what happened in my case.

In any case, just happy to be back!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

why is this thread dated the 11th nov 2010??

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Odd, I see it as 2/11/10; November 2.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I updated my browser recently because the videos were starting to fail.
It was quite a revelation, I thought "Oh, so this is what ATS really looks like".
That was cool!

Not being that computer savvy, I was quite sad to see that my Bronze Status tag disappeared.

Then I was also sad to note that I watched the video on creating avatars a few time, but a lot of the boxes it refers to just don't exist anymore.

edit on 7-11-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
yep, today it tells me it's a damaging website and won't open it....says it will harm my computer...

edit on 7-11-2010 by GBP/JPY because: sp

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
had the same problem for a few days last week, could not access www.abovetopsecret.com. Figured the site was down or something.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to make of this, since last week up until yesterday I couldn't access the site abovetopsecret.com but only www.abovetopsecret.com

As far as I know there could be a few reasons for it, one being htaccess, and the other being a DNS issue, I just assumed that the hosting company was having a DNS issue.

new topics

top topics

join