It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Bed with the Enemy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am looking for feedback on a few documentaries I just watched. These documentaries were eye-openers (I'll link them below). They deal with psychiatrists sleeping in the same bed as the pharmaceutical companies. In this relationship, the companies, in many cases, are funding teachers, speakers, and researchers so they may push their drugs on EVERYONE!

Many of us are normal people but to psychiatrists everyone has some sort of disease or another. In many cases they have to invent new diseases to be able to push their drugs on us.

Before I continue I want to say this: I am not good at writing posts or threads. If this isn't up to par with what you read than proceed to the documentaries. I suggest watching all four that I posted but the first two are the most relevant.

When children behave in ways that schools or parents dislike, this behaviour is often characterised as an illness. Depending on the nuances of the behaviour concerned, a child might be deemed to have Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD),
Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) or any one of a growing range of other illnesses.

However, there is something unusual about these diseases. First of all, they are defined entirely in terms of their symptoms, not in terms of some malfunction of the body. Why is this unusual? After all, before the underlying cause was known, diseases like AIDS and SARS, too, were recognized in terms of their symptoms. But that is different. It is perfectly meaningful to say: “that looks like SARS, but it might just be a bad cold, or the person might be deliberately exaggerating his symptoms”. Hence also, with real diseases, it is possible to have an asymptomatic disease, like asymptomatic Hepatitis C. But it is not possible, even in principle, to have asymptomatic ADHD.
Source

We have thrown away REAL science and replaced it with "We hired experts and they know". They don't research where these behaviors are stemming from therefore the "cure" is to keep us hooked on all these drugs. I pulled this from the ADHD Organization in Australia:

The International Consensus on ADHD January 2002. This document is signed by some 36 well renowned researchers; it lists well over 300 research papers. It is highly doubtful that so many well-known people with reputations to uphold, would state a disorder exists if it did not. Let alone those who have plowed millions of dollars into research into AD/HD, would do so, if the disorder did not exist. This document was produced due to the fact that those who signed were concerned, in regard to the inaccurate information about AD/HD, which was being generally published. One of the reasons given was that it might cause some with AD/HD not to seek treatment. (click on Consenus Document if you wish to view or download the document).

The previous should be sufficient evidence to prove that AD/HD is indeed a true disorder and not simply due to poor parenting as some like to say. However a couple of abstracts from the research papers are following. Both of which point to physical differences between those with AD/HD and those without.
www.adhd.org.au...

Kind of funny they say their proof is these experts who most likely don't participate in the research. All they do is get paid to endorse whatever garbage those other "experts" are writing. They are all trying to push their drugs on us and everyone who can take them.

A few million is just a drop in the ocean of money pharmaceutical companies earn!

Allowing psychiatrists to write prescriptions is the biggest mistake we have ever made. They give us drugs which we believe will help us cure the symptoms. What we neglect to do is read the fine-print on all these drugs.
Many of these drugs have adverse side-effects which end up hurting the client even more rather then helping.

Ready for the bomb-shell?

As I was writing last month's issue of Health & Healing, Buford O'Neal Furrow Jr. walked into the North Valley Jewish Community Center in Los Angeles and, without a word, fired 70 rounds with a Uzi-type gun, wounding five people. A month earlier, Mark Barton murdered his wife and two children and then methodically and dispassionately gunned down 21 people in two brokerage firms in Atlanta, killing nine. These and virtually all of the gun-related massacres that have made headlines over the past decade have had one thing in common:

THEY WERE PERPETRATED BY PEOPLE TAKING PROZAC, ZOLOFT, LUVOX, PAXIL OR A RELATED ANTIDEPRESSANT DRUG.

Dr. Whitetaker

So essentially, these drugs that were supposed to help people , in some cases, contribute to them negatively. Well, where is the scientific proof for all these diseases and disorders?

I hear much about chemical imbalances, but there is no scientific evidence it even exists! It is a theory and not scientifically backed.

“There’s no biological imbalance. When people come to me and they say, ‘I have a biological
imbalance,’ I say, ‘Show me your lab tests.’ There are no lab tests. So what’s the biochemical
imbalance?” —Dr. Ron Leifer, New York psychiatrist.
Source

The imbalance is perpetrated by the psychiatric and pharmaceutical companies to be able to put fear in to your hearts. They invent all these disorders which are normal in human traits, and they try to treat them. In example, social anxiety:

Social anxiety disorder (SAD, SAnD) (DSM-IV 300.23), also called social phobia (SP),[1] is an anxiety disorder characterized by intense fear in social situations[1] causing considerable distress and impaired ability to function in at least some parts of daily life. The diagnosis can be of a specific disorder (when only some particular situations are feared) or a generalized disorder.

A person with the disorder may be treated with psychotherapy, medication, or both. Research has shown cognitive behavior therapy, whether individually or in a group, to be effective in treating social phobia. The cognitive and behavioral components seek to change thought patterns and physical reactions to anxiety-inducing situations. Attention given to social anxiety disorder has significantly increased in the United States since 1999 with the approval and marketing of drugs for its treatment. Prescribed medications include several classes of antidepressants: selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as Zoloft, Prozac, and Paxil; serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs); and monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs). Other commonly used medications include beta-blockers and benzodiazepines (which are more and more being restricted to short-term use due to side effects), as well as newer antidepressants, such as mirtazapine. An herb called kava has also attracted attention as a possible treatment,[2] although safety concerns exist,[3][4] especially given the unregulated nature of herbs in the United States.
WIKI

You're scared to speak in front of people? You have a disorder.
You're nervous speaking with people? You have a disorder.
You don't like your smile? You have a disorder, in fact, you might have 3-4.
The main concern for these guys is to MAKE MONEY.

Not all psychiatrists are in on these conspiracies, in fact, many of them are innocent. But what is happening is the pharmaceutical companies are paying teachers to push these drugs to their students. These students are pushing these drugs with false pretenses.

How do these dangerous drugs get passed the OH GREAT MIGHTY FDA?

I am still trying to figure out who is on the FDA committee in charge of dealing with these drugs. But many of the committee members are being funded by pharmaceutical companies.

Sydney Wolfe, M.D., Director of Public Citizen's Health Research Group since its founding in 1971 says this:

How is the pharmaceutical industry making its inroads into the FDA? Where is it exerting its influence?

The pharmaceutical industry's influence gets exerted in a number of ways. One, starting 10 years ago [with the Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA)], the influence was exerted by their directly funding, paying cash right up front, for FDA review. So in many ways, the FDA started looking upon the industry as their client, instead of the public and the public health, which should be the client.

A second way in which the industry influence occurs is by having leaders in the drug division who are spineless and gutless, and who don't like controversy. I have heard over and over again, directly from these people, "Why can't this be settled on a scientific and medical basis?" They don't like to take on the very awesome forces of the drug industry and a lot of its indentured servants, so to speak, in academic medicine. So the attitude by the leaders there [is], "avoid conflict" -- and avoiding conflict means doing what the industry wants.

A third way in which the industry's influence has been allowed to grow considerably is the absence of congressional oversight. Up until 12 years ago, whenever the FDA would make a mistake -- such as the series of mistakes they've made in the late 1990s -- there would be a congressional hearing. They would have to explain to the legislative branch of the government what went wrong. They would be -- properly, and in the best public health sense -- on the defensive to try and explain what went wrong.

No one is there in the Congress [now]. There have been essentially one or two days of oversight hearings in 12 years, as opposed to maybe the previous 12 years with dozens and dozens of oversights. So they're getting away with no congressional oversight.
PBS

I am NOT saying don't take your pills. I am not a doctor who can make that decision for you. All I am saying is PLEASE research the drug before giving it to our kids or before we ingest it.

There is a rule of thumb in the pharma industry: If the drug has been out for 2-3 years and you're on it, you're the guinea pig. If it has been on the market for 7+ years, you should be safer.

I know this might seem everywhere but this is a HUGE topic. Trying to focus on one thing is very hard, especially for someone who has no experience with the industry. But how do I know all this information without any experience? Because I have researched all these doctors and psychiatrists who are advocates for public safety.

Please do the research!

DOCUMENTARIES

The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging

Big Bucks, Big Pharma: Marketing Disease & Pushing Drugs

The Drugging of Our Children

Money Talks: Profit Before Patient Safety

Your thoughts?
edit on 2-11-2010 by Equinox99 because: Touched it up a bit. Took out some long cut and pastes and some mistakes.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Ever walk into doctors room and notice the clock on the wall? It has a prescription drug on it.... That fancy looking diagram of an artery one is clogged one is not? Has a prescription drug on it..... You ever see that pen the doctor writes with? YES it has some prescription drug on it. Some people DO have real depression, clinical depression is defined as feeling depressed for more then a month, well some people just mourn longer then others. Have you ever been told you had a disease but there is NO PROOF of it? Watch out who you put your health problems in. As some doctors just like the free gifts. Some doctors are indoctrinated into believing they are helping you by giving you psychiatrics. You might think you are helping yourself. The thing is when you start coming up with diseases that can't be proven, it is like debating unknown phenomenom.

We know SOME people DO have mental disorders, we know that ALOT of people can be faked into believing they have a problem when it is just adding to their problem, and pushing a pill on them doesn't help no one except the person manufacturing the drug AND/OR prescribing the drug. Doctors who think they are helping you when they are not is scary in a sense your life could be in that doctors hand. Make good judgement on what your doctor is giving you and if they only tell you *take this it will help* and don't tell you anything more or discredit you when you ask the harmful side effects FLAG that doctor. A good doctor will tell you the good and the bad of what they are prescribing to help you, don't take their word because their a doctor.
edit on 2-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Psychiatrists are helping people but there is no scientific studies going on to stem these behaviors where they start. This is why it is becoming a major problem. We have a problem, they give us drugs, the problem becomes worse over time, person commits suicide, psychiatrist says he did all he could.

We need to regulate donations from pharma companies. They invest over a billion to many teachers and speakers because they know they will make the money back.

This industry is a $26 billion per year industry, the couple of billion is coin in a bank!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

It's all about the profit$$$$$$$$

Got news for you, Big Phama is in bed with everyone, our government, AMA, doctors, etc......

I had a girlfriend that worked as a Pharma Sales Person, she sold drugs to hospitals, doctors, health clinics, chiros, etc.

My girlfriend was able to single handedly buy a house in "The Canyon" of Beverly Hills, CA. And let me tell you, this was some house.

It costs pennies to make most pills and look at what they charge you.

Big Pharma Companies are some of the strongest lobbyists in DC. Like all big corporations they own our government and our government works for them, not us.

Read my location.

No big new there, I tried telling ATSers this three years ago.

But hopefully your message has awakened more people.

Good post!

ps: In my opinion, Aids/HIV was a manmade disease. Start researching what drugs a person with HIV must take each month and the cost.

It's all about the money, greed pure and simple. And our governments allow it because they are all strange bedfellows.
edit on 2-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: Added another idea.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
i have pretty bad social anxiety and i agree that most drugs being prescribed for countless illnesses are dangerous. i also agree that a lot of illnesses are straight up contrived or exaggerated. also some kids personality might just be that they are hyper and outgoing but their listed as having ADHD. im not saying ADHD doesnt exist but im sure the medication is over-prescribed. i have experience with kava kava pills and i have to say that they work pretty good for my anxiety. they are apparently all natural too so thats good. i also have a little bit of experience with what they prescribe for ADHD and its straight up meth. apparently it calms kids down who have ADHD and lets them focus but idk how because through personal experience and talking to other people it just seems to make people really hyper. i can understand how it can make someone focus more but only on what they wanna focus on. its very addictive and it seriously says m. amphetamine salts right on the capsule i mean come on. some kids at my school swallow/snort/smoke a few of them a day and its just a little ridiculous.

top topics

join