It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we are currently in different dimensions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I have been a member of ATS for quite a few years, and have read tons of stories. I have also seen many stories where the original topic cannot be verified by any others. Occasionally you will see a story reported by someone, about something happening in their neighborhood, and others will reply saying they are in the same area but cannot confirm the original story. People have posted about recently deceased celebrities, and others have replied with things like "I was certain they died a few years ago?" People post with news stories, some of which seem relevant to the entire world, and everyone wonders why the media has nothing about it.

What if each of us, at least here on the internet, is in another dimension? What if you (each of you reading this) and all those you have ever met in person, or will ever meet in person, are all in one dimension/universe, but everyone else is in another?

We talk about multiple dimensions, multiple universes, a possible multiverse, but we never really stop to think about the possibility of that being an actual reality. What if the space around us, including the radio waves (wi-fi, internet included) is what connects the multiple dimensions? What if the only thing connecting me to you (who I will never ever meet in real life to verify your existence) is the electrical signals that make up the internet?

That would explain all of the strange things in my first paragraph.

So-and-so celebrity may have died 3 years ago in my dimension, but not yet in yours, so when you report him dead on the internet, I will think he died years ago.

The strange police activity in your neighborhood may only be happening in your dimension, so when someone on the other side of town goes for a drive to verify it, they see nothing, because they are in a different dimension.

That volcano that erupted in your dimension and should be all over the news, is unheard of here, and can only be seen via articles on the internet, which all may have come from your dimension.

Just a thought...

join