It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any one else affected by threadkiller-itis?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
For the life of me I can not understand why almost every thread that I start posting in dies soon thereafter. I get myself all into the spirit of the thread, get my googling skills on trying to rip out some more information, go back to the thread and lo and behold, no one has posted in the past hour and I simply don't want to edit or respond to myself haha. Perhaps my posts are just that bad that no one wants to respond and then the thread falls off the recent page? I have no idea, but does this happen to anyone else?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Not really ...

That's actually a very funny thread ... all 100+ pages of it.

Plus it might be due to the fact that the knowledge you bring is of such high quality that it can't be refuted ... EVER!

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I know JUST what you mean

I know it's not that uncommon because I've seen others make comments in their threads. Sometimes I'll comment just trying to keep a thread alive. There are always just SO many new threads! Hate when there's tons of duplicity though... like the Chaplin film/cell phone thing. Must have been half a dozen new threads over the course of as many days.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Not at all, keep posting if you enjoy it. I heard Hershey declared bankruptcy 6 times before he hit it big on chocolate. It not just the right topics to start a thread that make this such a good site, it's the various topics, the topics that interest me and more that I didn't know interested me. Mention should be made about the respect the moderators make everyone adhere to. Share the knowledge, share the power, that's why we're all here.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
yes.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Not really ...

That's actually a very funny thread ... all 100+ pages of it.

Plus it might be due to the fact that the knowledge you bring is of such high quality that it can't be refuted ... EVER!

Cheers!

wow yea i'll get to reading that right after war and peace haha.
That one seems to be a little bit older, maybe this will turn into threadkill anonymous v.0.2

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Why, no. What have you heard? :shifts eyes left to right:

Alright already! I'll spill! No-one responds to my threads! You happy now wise guy? :sobs:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It used to happen to me a lot but I seem to have got over that curse now.
If I look at my subscribed threads list I'm the last post on only two of them at the moment

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

You're only worried about hours? I've got some days/weeks/months someday to be years I'm sure.
The majority of threads seem to have a relatively short life span and interest is lost rather briefly. If you don't catch it at the right time you're left hangin'. It's certainly happened to me and I have some "thread killers" on myATS currently. I actually think it's abnormal if you post often enough and it doesn't happen.

You can always add "thread killer" in your profile.

edit on 11/1/2010 by Three_moons because: alcohol makes you screw things up *shrugs shoulders*

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

See I knew I couldnt be the only one, I was about to add threadkiller to my signature, but I suppose I will wait a little bit longer. What are the chances that this post will kill this thread? haha

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I've tried to start threads a few times, but I find I have a better conversation/am able to stay involved with the other posters longer if I post into a thread that someone else has started. It's also helped me to refine my debating style and to learn that different forums have different "favorite" styled posts.

It's confusing as all get out, especially when you're talking to some of the more "out there" posters/in "out there" threads.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
ATS like many other things in life seems like a popularity contest. If you don't have a certain number of posts, or a group of people who follow everything you say, its tough to get your threads to gain any steam. I don't really start my own threads due to the fact I know no one will post in them. So I just add input in other threads. I feel you though!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

I don't usually avoid certain threads or certain topics at all. I do stay away from 9/11 conspiracies as much as possible because there is way too much in-fighting and back biting there. As far as I'm concerned, we are all here for the same reason. Whether you are a debunker, believer, skeptic or what have you, we are all looking to boil these topics down to the truth. To be cliche, the truth is out there, and we should all do what we can to get there. I know that will spark certain debates and not everyone will end up friends at the end, but we should be tahnkful we have a forum like this to be ourselves in.

Thread killer or not, I will continue my quest for truth one post at a time.
I appreciate all the comments here, thanks so much

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Ok, I've never started a thread, but I've killed some just by showing up to post!

I thought that's what your title meant... threadkiller, as in, the killer of someone's thread.
I think I killed at least one today, maybe two. I'm not kidding.
Should I change my deodorant? (ok, now I'm kidding)
So, um, good luck with this thread you started!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
Ok, I've never started a thread, but I've killed some just by showing up to post!

I thought that's what your title meant... threadkiller, as in, the killer of someone's thread.
I think I killed at least one today, maybe two. I'm not kidding.
Should I change my deodorant? (ok, now I'm kidding)
So, um, good luck with this thread you started!

That is exactly what I meant. Posting on someone else's thread and seeing it die. But I guess either meaning is equally as justified. Obviously there are members who people search out and reply to them, but then when I do, it quickly ends.
ps im just posting this so you are not the thrad killer here haha

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Well, someone's post always has to kill a thread. Anyone could be the thread killer but at this moment it's me.

Unless we turn this into the thread that never dies.
Has that been done yet?

Deny Threadkillignorance

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I am an epic thread killer. This has been witnessed by more than just myself on not only this member name but my previous one, NovusOrdoMundi.

If I post in your thread, odds are it will die soon.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I have no idea what you're worried about, at least you don't kill your own threads!!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I had that problem, until I posted a thread with a picture. That seems to attract a lot of attention... and debunkers/skeptics. I posted a picture I felt people would be interested in seeing, just expecting a few comments. I ended up with 80 replies, most of which I didn't even bother reading. Half way into the second page came all the debunkers saying the picture was fake, and why didn't I provide more details, etc etc... It was rather irritating. I wasn't trying to make a huge point in the first place so I wasn't going to bother arguing with any of them, as it was pretty worthless at that point. Sometimes I think you could post a picture of a dog on here and there would be at least one person that would say "it's fake! I call a hoax!"

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'm shooting for thread killer here. Can we have a competition? I challenge someone to a thread killing duel

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join