It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something to think about for you just incase "it" happens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have been reading several treads that are talking about something happening soon, and to buy food.
Any of you true survivalists here will already have most of what you need for this "upcoming" SHFT. I have no doubt that something can or will happen to someone or several of us here within the next year or two. It could be floods, fire, hurricanes, tornado's , or even martial law....who the hell knows...

If you have your basics covered and you think something is about to happen go with your gut. If you buy food or someother kind of gear or equipment then, hey you must have felt you needed it. If you need it and don't have it, your worse off than, having it and not needing it!!!

Simple things to do to help ease your mind....

1) fill all vehicles and gas cans with fuel, if not already done so.
2) buy some extra food(canned items) that you would normally eat anyway, just incase.
3) get your winter cloths out washed and ready for use, if you haven't done so already.
4) do a check of your bags and gear to ensure it(they) is(are) in good repair...and filled with the correct items for the time of year it is.
5) make sure you have toilet paper, asprin, toothpaste, ect....enough for 2-3 months..that is cheap to do...and you will use it...lol
6) check the sites on your weapon(s) to ensure that they are still on target...oh yeah, deer season is here so this should be done already...lol.
7) buy a few cases of bottled water or several gallon juggs for just incase, its only a few bucks.
8) go over you plans for whatever events you think are going to happen and if your bugging out then re-check your route(s) to where your going... and any other plans that you have, go over them,review them so they are fresh in your head.
9) relax and take a deep breath, you will forget something. You should have lists of gear, equipment, tools, food, special items or meds....just go through them.
10) stage your stuff...if it will make you feel better...
11) if you have a group or better half, go over everything with them so your on the same page, incase one of you or both is at work or away from home, when "it" happens.
12) if your by youself, hey you might want to put some of your stuff (bags if you have a few) in your vehicle now, so your a little bit ahead of the game...

Remember all we all want, is to have a warm safe place for ourself and loved ones to rest our heads at the end of everyday...so just do your best to make sure that you've done everything in your power to do so.

I have no idea if something is going to happen or not within the next few weeks, it might, it might not...but being on a survival forum you must have some type of preps done or have had a thought that something bad could happen. It is never a waist if you buy things that you use, eat and need on a daily basis anyway...worst case is you don't need to buy soap, toilet paper, and canned food for 3 months...you will eat it or use it, its stuff you like and use, besides you'll spend the $$ on it now or later...right?.. so be prepaired.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Funny you mention this, I just spent several hundred on extra food, a few MRIs and some vegetable seeds.

The true survivalist doesn't need to carry food or shelter with them and can always improvise. Not to say you want to have to eat worms and cover yourself with leaves.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I know...some people here still don't get the mind is the best weapon of all, and being able to improvise, adapt, and overcome anything...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I know...some people here still don't get the mind is the best weapon of all, and being able to improvise, adapt, and overcome anything...

But the mind plus food, weapons and supplies is an even greater weapon

It doesn't hurt to have a few extra cases of water or canned food laying around. Better safe than sorry.

At the same time I agree, humans are made to adapt.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Travel quiet and light.

Vehicles require fuel and maintenance,and they make too much noise.

Have supplies available,but not with you,or in an easy place to locate.

Don't let anyone see things they can use,they will take them from you whether you are armed or not.

Get used to doing things the hard way before you use your stored supplies.

Stored supplies are the last resort.

edit on 2-11-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
the real issue about the survival subject is that if something happens (anything), its going to be a civil war everything for food, gas ...

so, even if you have everything stored, you will probably end up raped to death if something happens ...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
My God shall supply all my needs.

Mind you i want to live of pure bacon, Mhmmm Bacon..........*Drools*

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Water can be collected with a tarp and a jug from dew or rain.

There are roots everywhere.

Practice being grubby,you will learn how not to chafe to death.

A good pair of boots with removable/washable insoles is a good idea.

Worst case scenario is the clothes on your back,and a pocket full of seeds.

There is so much garbage everywhere,you can probably find most of what you need lying around.

Anything you carry is a liability,someone sees you,and they will probably try to take it.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I am not saying to not have supplies but to make sure you use your mind...its a terrible thing to waste.
Many people here will tell people what they have, before "it" happens...guess where those people are coming first...lol.

You should hope for the best, but prepair for the worst.

new topics

top topics

join