It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming is not only NOT a hoax, but it is about 10,000 times worst than your worst nightmare.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Furthermore, after catching up on the posts...

I love how everyone who disagrees with YOUR opinion is presenting an UNINFORMED opinion. You're a megalomaniac. Not only are you sure that what you were LED to believe is true, you've made the classic error of closing yourself off to any information that goes against it. I'd love to hear how you're able to definitively speak on the state of climate change, despite REAL experts in the field being unable to do so.
edit on 2-11-2010 by thektotheg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I agree that the change is natural as it's not just earth but other planets as well that are heating up. I don't think we are helping matters either (not that it would've mattered) we are just at a time of change. It's all happened before. I think it hits home a little harder because this change is imminent sort of like we are staring it in the face. I will spend my days preparing myself spiritually. We all live and die that is reality epochs live and die as well. Depending on how you look at it we are either cursed or privileged to witnesses this change. I say privileged but then again I have lived a long time already. Just my two cents......

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Did people forget about climategate?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This is another example of someone claiming to be an expert...to have all sorts of definitive knowledge on a subject....to be CERTAIN that what they BELIEVE is true...and yet, having to post a video done by someone ELSE to try and make their case (which isn't strong before or after any such video). Hrm, you'd think an expert in MULTIPLE fields would be able to make an original post, instead of a koolaide chugging train wreck. Of course, I must not have gone to the same UFO/Global Warming Expertise Academy you went to. hahaha. What a joke.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Global Warming is indeed the wrong term to use. Global Climate Change is the more correct term. And as I have said before on threads and on ATS Live, I don't think humans have the industrial capacity yet to have a significant impact on the process.

It has long been known that these things are cyclical and that the earth has gone through warm and cold periods. This is just another on the line. Yes, the melting permafrost is bothersome and yes we would be devistated as a species if a dramatic change happened in a short period of time. However, we are a fairly adaptable species as are most on this planet. We will survive in some form. We cannot, however, do anything to stop it.
My thoughts exactly. Earth's climate has never been static. The Earth 's climate goes through cyclical changes (with or without human habitation) and no amount of over taxation is going to stop it. And, no efforts by the worlds top GeoEngineers will change what Mother Nature has in store (they will only create different problems)... Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Liberator

See that big red fiery thing in the sky? Look up once in a while and you may notice it (unless you too are here in Ireland where it’s quite rare). Well, that’s the thing that’s causing solar climate change.

False.

www.skepticalscience.com...

Watch the video I posted in this thread and educate yourself before spouting uninformed opinions. If you don't know what you are talking about, you are not entitled to an opinion on the matter.

I havent been a member long but I think I speak for more than just myself when I say "you have no right to say this". Facts and opinions are on two separate sides of the fence. You are comming off a bit tyrannical and it deters from your point that you are so emphatically trying to make.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

What happened to the hurricanes I thought we were going to get a record number in the US this year of big mean nasty ones.

Actually, if you look at the official prediction and the storms to date, they were pretty much right on the money with every single figure.

NOAA predicted (as of August) 14-20 named storms (so far, 19), they predicted 8-12 hurricanes (12 so far), with 4-6 major storms (5 so far).

This is about 2 less than the earlier (May) predictions. It's an active season, our average is (10, 6, and 3), but a bit shy of our highest (28, 15, 8)....

(Note to all, please be mindful of personal attacks (violating the Terms and Conditions). Attack a person's position, not the person please.)
edit on 2-11-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The author is a self described expert hmmmm i wont even bother reading.

link   
Don't know what to think about this Dan Miller guy. Check out The Roda Group seems this guy is into a few money making ventures. I will be looking to see if I can trace any of his portfolio holdings and possibly tie him with Gores.
edit on 2-11-2010 by Zippidee because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I am a skeptic, I do not deny the possibility, but there is alot of shady stuff going on with the science regarding this. The websites posted are not nuetral in this matter and actually stand to make money. I despise the 'green' cartels that charge ridiculous prices for their environmentally safe products. It's quite obvious that there are many people who stand to make alot of money by making you believe that global warming is real, though on the flip side the denyers stand to make money too. Denyers have this frightening tendency to recieve death threats, get black listed, and get censored. I personally think there is some climate change, but it's not OMG WE'RE ALL GOIN TA DIE GIVE YOUR MONEYZ TO AL GARRRR!!11!1oneoneone. There are some damn more pressing environmental issues than the atmosphere. How about deforestation and urban sprawl destroying the wilderness? Those are immediately apparent and not something you can really be skeptical about. I think climate change is a red herring to distract us from the real things.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
I presume the 97% of climate scientists does not include the 6.000 American scientists who have signed a petition stating they do not believe global warming is man made? or the Japanese scientists who have stated the same?

The qualification for inclusion in the poll you are referring to was a bachelors degree in a scientific field (including engineering!).

My poll was a poll of over 1000 CLIMATE scientists.

Those who study the climate are the ones whos opinion matters....not a bunch of engineers and medical doctors who know NOTHING about the topic.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by The_Liberator

I'm just curious...what are your credentials?

What is your profession?

What is your degree in if you have one?

What is your highest education level?

I have no credentials other than the fact that I have studied the topic for over 1000 hours. I have a masters degree from a music conservatory (Eastman), although I did take 2 years of premed studies (organic chem I and II, Physics w/calculus I and II, Calc I II III and differential equations, etc. etc.) but it really doesn't matter.

I could be a garbage collector with a degree in stinkology. The facts speak for themselves....I am simply a messenger.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I will come back and listen to the video, right now rigging my sailboat to enjoy the moment which may be more important, as tomorrow is in question.

A few years back, I believed in global warming and got into it with a right wing, fundamentalist friend. I do collect interesting friends, makes life more fun. So rather than argue, I researched, much like you and it opened many doors and I need to thank him and others for this, even if we are opposites.

What I learned was, we only need to tip the scale a small ways and it is like lighting a fuse to a bomb. Methane beneath warming seas, permafrost and more. But what I also learned, was he was partially right. Greed of some have taken advantage as well as controlling. He stopped here in his thinking and never went further, thus he and others believe it is all a hoax.

Oh did I mention it can also tip the world into an ice age? If this happens he and his like will sit back and say, "I told you so", never knowing we created our own future.

No matter where you stand on this subject you should look at the world as it was and ask if we should change mother nature. If you are wiser than all the rest, your answer may be yes or no, but I for one feel we should get back what we once had as it sustained our species for many thousands of years and we are gambling now on our survival.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
No worries, it's a natural cycle. Gonna ride it out as best we can. Nothign more we can do. It'll reverse itself in time.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys
So last night I spent about 3+ hours researching the politics and origins of Al Gore's Global Warming Machine, and anywhere else the rabbit hole took me. I originally set out to find a monetary link between Al Gore and Dan Miller.
SO I didn't find the link I expected, but I see now that Dan is a true believer, the perfect soldier for Gore's propaganda machine.

You see, Al Gore co-founded the Generation Investment Management Company in 2004, and it began investing client money in 2005. Here's a brief timeline of Gore's buildout of the MMGW propaganda machine in relation to GIM's founding

Your accusations are baseless and do not merit a response.

I will say, however, that even if you are right (which of course you aren't), who cares?

What is important is the FACTS that you can verify yourself.

This year we discovered that phytoplankton has decreased by FORTY PERCENT in the last 60 years because of global warming and ocean acidification (which is a whole seperate thread...), Greenland, the Arctic, and the West Antarctic Ice sheets are melting at a rate never before seen.

Global temps have continues a steady rise despite low solar output, and the last decade was by far the hottest on record.

Methane is now venting from the melting permafrost in a positive feedback that cannot be stopped. I could go on and on and on...

Instead of looking to discredit Al Gore, I suggest you spend your time researching the facts.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Liberator
There are 2 subjects on which I consider myself a bona fide expert: UFO’s and global warming.

an expert indeed

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Sigh. It's Global Warming Skeptic.
I haven't denied anything yet.

But let's face facts. Does the Earth go through changes in climate? Yes it does.
And it's done so over the history of the planet.
And most of that was without humans in existence.

But you want me to believe that scientists can predict the weather on a global scale.
There's been scandals of fraud. Deceptive scientific practices.
I don't believe we know enough about the process of climate change to be able to predict it yet.

In the 70's everyone was saying we were heading into the next ice age. Now it's Global Warming.

I'm still skeptical.

Incorrect. There was a short period in the 70's where the temps dropped globally and scientists theorized that the particulate being emitted by human emissions would push temps cold enough that it would set off a bunch of feedbacks that could send us into an ice age.

They quickly learned that this was not the case. Case closed.

Global warming has been studied for decades and the evidence is quite literally irrefutable.

As to being able to predict the climate, back in the 70's, scientists used their best models to predict how much the earth would warm by the year 2000 if we continued on our current emissions path. Their conclusion? about .6 degree. Turned out they were EXACTLY right.

Now we have much more advanced computer models so YES we can model future climate change quite accurately.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join