It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming is not only NOT a hoax, but it is about 10,000 times worst than your worst nightmare.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
Well there seems to be diffrent ways of looking at diffrent things,just like politics I guess ...I thought I would throw this out without adding too much opinion one way or another.[fence setter] so to speak '''
As pointed out last week, Sea Surface Temperatures and the daily lower troposphere temperatures continue to fall as La Niña looms large in the Pacific. We may find that the continued drop prevents 2010 from being the “hottest year ever” that many alarmists are hoping will to put some life back in the climate change meme. As the tropical tropospheric temperatures continue to cool, the global average is finally beginning to follow suit:+0.42 deg. C for October, 2010. This is the lowest monthly temperature anomaly we’ve seen in what has been a very warm year.

source wattsupwiththat.com...-27287

peace

I really wouldn't quote Anthony Watts if you want to maintain credibility. But yes, la nina can cool temps....however, as I said,the warming continues...

See for yourself. Go to this site (satelite temps worldwide) and compare 2010 to any other year in history....or even compared to record highs. Make sure that you plug in the reading at 14,000 feet....the reason is that global warming can actually COOL the upper atmosphere and the land reading can be inaccurate because of the heat island effect. Essentially GW creates a warm bubble in the lower atmosphere. See for yourself: discover.itsc.uah.edu...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
of course the sun and cycles of ice ages have nothing to do with this..... Yes lets stop the cycles of the sun... or prevent volcanic cycles.... such idiots.

What really pitifull is seeing how ignorant these global warming lemmings are.

I agree.

Are we to believe that before mankind started creating factories and refined oil the global climate was predictable and consistent for Billions of years? Give me a break. The climate is an ever changing, unpredictable thing. For crying out loud, the weathermen cant even predict with certainty when its going to rain here. The climate will continue to change regardless if humans are present or not. Im willing to entertain the notion that maybe we have the potential to influence our environment, but to take sole credit just seems foolish to me.

Kind of like blaming a tidal wave on a jet ski. Does it change something? Sure, is it a big enough change to stop or start a natural process. Not in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Are any of you readers of the book State of fear by the late Micheal Crichton. I think he makes some really pionant touches about this issue. I think it strange that Dr. Crichton is no longer with us and suspect I a conspiracy in that respect as I usually do but that me and I have the right to believe that at least the last time i check but that may or may not have change since I haven't check lately.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
dont waste your time trying to convince the masses they are too stupid to understand , they all think its all a scam. Anyway it dosent matter its too late to do anything about it we have gone past the tipping point. Humankind has developed a government system where intelligent people are minorited in favour of wealthy stupid people who only wants to make money at other peoples expense and dont see long term.

So just sit back and enjoy the end show especially the part when people start asking how did this happen......

You sir are mistaken:
(A "stupid" person"here ;really making an effort to play well with others on here) .Another Classic example of a "I know better than every body else thread".( i.e. the "stupid masses")

Climate change may very well be occurring: In fact self-regulating loops ARE ALWAYS adjusting.

The ISSUE is whether or not mitigating man's contributon of a minute percentage of co2 will have any real effect.
The Draconian legislation to eliminate our minor percentage is more a power grab too remove choices by people who think they know better...
You are familiar with the litanny:
"Greeen" means good.
oil isbad
"S.u. v.'s bad
col is bad.
manufacturing bad

Nobody Wants to pollute...

added" time to go to the polls!!!
edit on 2-11-2010 by 46ACE because: added

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Extinction within a decade (or even our lifetime)? That's a bit sensationalist, don't you think? I can't imagine any video convincing me of this. Greatest threat?

It sounds sensationalist, but the reason I make that claim is as follows:

"Generally speaking, destabilization of subsea permafrost means that it fails to further prevent methane leakage from seabed deposits of methane stored in the ESAS," said Shakhova. "This provides the global carbon budget with a previously unconsidered and very specific type of methane source."

Unlike other terrestrial and marine sources, which gradually release methane as it forms, the shelf is emitting methane that has accumulated in seabed deposits for hundreds of thousands of years and until now was restricted by permafrost, says Shakhova.

environmentalresearchweb.org...

"As methane has been permanently originating in the seabed since it was formed, these deposits are huge and emissions of this ready-to-go methane to the water column only depend on occurence of migration pathways (provided or not provided by permafrost)," she said. "These emissions could be non-gradual, sudden, more or less massive, they could even be abrupt."

The methane released from ESAS does not become oxidized by microbes as it passes through the water column, unlike methane released from the oceanic hydrate deposits found at depths of more than 700 m. "In the ESAS this bio-filter does not work because the water is very shallow – mean depth is less than 50 m – and there is just not enough time for oxidation," said Shakhova.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Watch this (it is short). It was done by one of the researchers that discovered methane venting from the ESAS last summer (they are currently studying it further and we will have the findings in a few months).

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We got the same scientists that are saying that evolution is real but global warming isnt and you dont listen to them. How does that make sense?

Me personally...it isnt global warming, no where even close to it. Its just the nature of the beast. For example: you put 5 people in a room with enough resources for them. Well you put 5 more in there. What do you get? Less space and more consumption of resources. Then you get people fighting for survival and so on and so fourth.

Thats all thats going on. This planet can only hold so much. We can not have a life like star wars unless we start using artificial stuff. I mean it only makes sense...dont see how anyone can not see that but people are ignorant by nature and that will never change either.
edit on 2-11-2010 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Liberator
A lot of time and thought went into this post. This is my first ever post on ATS, so I really wanted it to be meaningful. (I have been following the threads on ATS for several months now).

There are 2 subjects on which I consider myself a bona fide expert: UFO’s and global warming.

How righteous you are!

Not everyone here believes it’s a scam, a lot of us understand it a lot more than you give us credit for, we just think that mankind hasn’t caused it, contributed little to it and cannot do anything to stop it. Yes, we’d all like to see a lot less pollution but CO2 isn’t a pollutant and it’s not worth spending trillions on trying to reduce only to get laughed at by our children’s children. See that big red fiery thing in the sky? Look up once in a while and you may notice it (unless you too are here in Ireland where it’s quite rare). Well, that’s the thing that’s causing solar climate change. Other planets in our solar system are changing too. It’s been measured and it’s been proven correct. Now please put that in your authoritative pipe and smoke it!

edit on Sat Dec 4 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

See that big red fiery thing in the sky? Look up once in a while and you may notice it (unless you too are here in Ireland where it’s quite rare). Well, that’s the thing that’s causing solar climate change.

False.

www.skepticalscience.com...

Watch the video I posted in this thread and educate yourself before spouting uninformed opinions. If you don't know what you are talking about, you are not entitled to an opinion on the matter.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I presume the 97% of climate scientists does not include the 6.000 American scientists who have signed a petition stating they do not believe global warming is man made? or the Japanese scientists who have stated the same?
For a different view of 'global' warming, see 'the daily galaxy' dated Oct 29 2010, titled global climate change: does it occur abruptly or gradually? (this is an online publication) and I have no idea how to link it, its very interesting, and so are the comments when you scroll down, I have printed it off for future reference, as I do with all articles like it.
One snippet of information from the article,"with at least 17 serious glacial episodes in the last 2.5 million years"
And "recent analysis of ice cores from Greenland show that climate change change occurs abruptly with temperature swings of up to 15 degrees over a ten year period"
Norway had its coldest summer on record, and snow reported in southern Brazil, the Limeys are moaning about the crap summers they are having.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
In my opinion, global warming isn't a hoax, pinning the blame on human emissions is the hoax, the reasons for the elite to perpetrate that hoax is another topic altogether that I rather not discuss in this thread.

I'll admit I only watched just over half of the video but that's because I have previously seen/heard what was being presented already. I too have done a lot of research into this topic, maybe not as much as the OP but enough to come to my own conclusions.

I agree with the people here that have said there is nothing we can do to stop global warming, in my opinion the cause of global warming is the sun and or other solar forces, things that are completely out of our power to stop.

The following link is to a movie I think everyone interested in this topic should watch,(its way more interesting than the OP video, no offence to the OP). The movie is called 'The Great Global Warming Swindle'; it goes into the scam of global warming being all the fault of humans.

-The Great Global Warming Swindle- (google video)

I'd like to state again, I believe global warming is real, I do not believe it is the result of human emissions, I believe global warming is something that is supposed to happen, I do not believe it is something we can stop.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by The_Liberator

I'm just curious...what are your credentials?

What is your profession?

What is your degree in if you have one?

What is your highest education level?

LOL! exactly...2010 hottest year...hmmmm maybe because of the sunspots causing solar flares. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So last night I spent about 3+ hours researching the politics and origins of Al Gore's Global Warming Machine, and anywhere else the rabbit hole took me. I originally set out to find a monetary link between Al Gore and Dan Miller.
SO I didn't find the link I expected, but I see now that Dan is a true believer, the perfect soldier for Gore's propaganda machine.

You see, Al Gore co-founded the Generation Investment Management Company in 2004, and it began investing client money in 2005. Here's a brief timeline of Gore's buildout of the MMGW propaganda machine in relation to GIM's founding:

Generation Investment Management (GIM) - en.wikipedia.org...
Co founded by Gore2004, Operations begin 2005. GIM's portfoliois not exactly green, but notably they hold stakes in the Chicago Carbon Exchange (CCX) and they are not required to report European holdings to the SEC, and they don't. But it is known that they are a large holder of carbon trader Camco
Founded June 2006 solely by Al Gore, the vehicle that Gore used to train ~3000 hand picked representatives to go forth and preach their own take/version of Gore's Inconvenient Truth.
Alliance for Climate Protection (ACP) - en.wikipedia.org...
Founded 2006 solely by Al Gore. A PR group for MMGW, and Gore's solution, member of Save Our Selves.
Save Our Selves - www.facebook.com...#!/group.php?gid=2249409657&v=info
Former Vice President Al Gore, Green Venture Capitalist Kevin Wall, Cameron Diaz and the MSN Network launch "The Campaign for a Climate in Crisis" on February 15, 2007. Organized the 2007 Live Earth Concerts, then faded away. Wiki lists ACP as a major partner as well.
Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers - en.wikipedia.org...
Regarded as one of the largest and most sucessful Venture Capital investors in the world. Gore becomes a partner in Nov 2007. Now Gore's campaigning to the government for pro-cap and trade legislation is a conflict of interest, since his green investments would prosper from such laws. He was called out on it April 2009 by Sen. Marsha Blackburn (TN). Gore stated that all earnings from his investments went to a non-profit which worked for MMGW awareness. ACP in fact. Which is great for him, because the pressure on government from ACP to go green feeds more and more business to his primary cash cow, GIM! So in "putting his money where his mouth is" (as he told Sen. Blackburn) he is really just spending some with one hand to make more with the other.
Our Choice (book) - en.wikipedia.org...
Released in 2009, it is a followup to AIT, where AIT outlined the doom, OC outlines the solutions. Conveniently solutions that will make Mr. Gore very, very wealthy.

ACP Project Rollouts

March 2008: We Campaign - www.we.net...
A 3 year, 300 million dollar campaign created by ACP to mobilize Americans to push for aggressive reductions in carbon emissions. after 2 years of TCP's preaching (as in the OP video) now the big money is being rolled out to win over the masses, after the missionaries of TCP have worked the crowds for a couple years.
Late 2008: Repower America - repoweramerica.org...
The idea is energy efficiency + renewable generation + Unified Smart Grid = 100% clean electricity and clean plug-in cars.
~2009: Reality Coalition - www.thisisreality.org...#/?p=canary
an aggressive multimillion-dollar advertising campaign to change the public perception of clean coal.
2010: Repower at Home - repowerathome.com...
A national program dedicated to reducing residential energy waste

So in summary, this man who is self-described as having worked on the climate change issue for 30 years has quite an interesting pattern in the last decade, no?

Co-founds a investment house (GIM) that works the green sector and is invested in the US and Euro carbon trading markets and then...
Releases a movie and book about MMGW which is followed shortly by...
Launches core non-profits to begin raising awareness of MMGW through which he...
Hosts a worldwide debacle of a concert to raise more awareness of MMGW. Once a certain level of green acceptance is reached THEN he...
Joins a venture capital firm to invest his own money into green tech, with all profits going to core non-profit (ACP) who in turn...
Launches several multi-million dollar programs to convert the masses that MMGW is real, thereby...
Putting ever increasing public pressure on government to adopt cap and trade and other green legislation that...
Drives ridiculous amounts of money into his pockets through the original investment house (GIM) due to the investments and stakes in Cap and Trade.

Crazy, right? Who could possibly believe that someone could pull of a scam like that?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Liberator

See that big red fiery thing in the sky? Look up once in a while and you may notice it (unless you too are here in Ireland where it’s quite rare). Well, that’s the thing that’s causing solar climate change.

False.

www.skepticalscience.com...

Watch the video I posted in this thread and educate yourself before spouting uninformed opinions. If you don't know what you are talking about, you are not entitled to an opinion on the matter.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion to anything at all times regardless of anything, who are you to deny someone of a basic human right? Your aggressiveness towards people who don't agree with you isn't doing you any good, just so you know.
edit on 2-11-2010 by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth because: Spelling mistakes

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathan-D

I have noticed that many on this site claim global warming to be a “hoax”, and I realize that many of those people are quite literally inconvincible (try convincing a creationist that the earth is more than 6000 years old and you‘ll understand what I‘m saying).

Conflating two unconnected topics here: creationism and skeptism of CAGW.

Methane is 20-70 percent more potent as a greenhouse gas than CO2, depending on the time frame (because it degrades to become CO2 after a few years, depending on its concentration). According to the researchers, so much methane is stored in the East Siberian Arctic shelf, that if only 1% were to be released, it would cause CATASTROPHIC climate change practically overnight….ONE PERCENT PEOPLE….and it is melting NOW.

How dramatic it all sounds. But it's all a question of scale and I think we need to keep a sense of proportion over it. I think the essential question at issue is that of how much radiation enhancement the CH4 greenhouse is actually producing right now. You can see how much radiation CH4 absorbs in comparison to H2O and CO2. It only absorbs radiation over three meager bands many of which, are far from peak surface and its absorption lines overlap significantly with H20. Doesn't look so scary now, does it? H2O is by far the chief contributor to the greenhouse effect. Most of the predicted warming (around 3C) 'still in the pipeline' according to the IPCC will come mainly from H2O feedback amplification. Incidentally CH4 appears conspicuously absent from the IPCC's feedback list.

Also, 2010 is the hottest year on record so far.

According to what data-set? It isn't the hottest year on record according to the RSS and HADCrut3 data? You must be referring to the GISS? Surely you're aware that the surface-based thermometers they use are conveniently sited next to air conditioners? Also, you should read up on NOAA's malfunctioning temperature-reading satellites here. Enlightening read. To quote the article, "NOAA is now fighting a rearguard legal defense to hold onto some semblance of credibility with growing evidence of systemic global warming data flaws by government climatologists". Even if it was the hottest year since records began though, records only began just over 100 years ago. That's not very long. And the temperature has been rising for 200 years since we came out of the Little Ice Age.

Global warming is about to make us extinct

And thus you fall prey to the numberless witting and unwitting frauds of this world.
edit on 2-11-2010 by Nathan-D because: (no reason given)

You are what I will refer to as a skeptic that SEEMS to know what you are talking about, when in reality you are simply spouting nonsense.

As I said, I not debating with people who already have their mind made up regardless of facts. I used to waste my time doing that until I realized that it was an exercise in futility.

Googling "global warming hoax" and then reading everything you can find to support your theory that it is a hoax is not research.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Everyone is entitled to an opinion to anything at all times regardless of anything, who are you to deny someone of a basic human right? Your aggressiveness towards people who don't agree with you isn't doing you any good, just so you know.
edit on 2-11-2010 by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth because: Spelling mistakes

You are entitled to an opinion yes, but it will be an uninformed opinion. I'm not hostile towards anyone, I'm just not a fan of people stating things as fact when they quite literally don't know what they are talking about.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Sigh. It's Global Warming Skeptic.
I haven't denied anything yet.

But let's face facts. Does the Earth go through changes in climate? Yes it does.
And it's done so over the history of the planet.
And most of that was without humans in existence.

But you want me to believe that scientists can predict the weather on a global scale.
There's been scandals of fraud. Deceptive scientific practices.
I don't believe we know enough about the process of climate change to be able to predict it yet.

In the 70's everyone was saying we were heading into the next ice age. Now it's Global Warming.

I'm still skeptical.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Yeah, that's kind of what I expected. One, you might help yourself with the global piece if you didn't say you were a UFO expert. Also, I think you would get your message across about global warming with more scientific facts rather than opinions.

I believe there is some climate changes going on with our planet. I honestly don't know what the effect these changes are going to do to our everyday life. I don't think anyone REALLY knows.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I'm not ready to believe the apocolapse is on us just yet.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So is that a no on getting credentials or qualifications???

I would just like to know your background...it helps me form an opinion on how much credibility your information has.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join