It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming is not only NOT a hoax, but it is about 10,000 times worst than your worst nightmare.

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Originally posted by goldentorch
It includes ice core measurements and references to the Maunder and Dalton Solar minimums, oceanic readings of isotopes etc etc. Worth a look it's by a Professor J. Easterbrook from the Geology department at Western Washington University.

www.klimarealistene.com...

. VEry intriguing read! Thanks for posting it!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This post was put up 2 years ago. Way behind the times now. They just realeased the fact that the Carbon Dioxide levels have reached over 400 ppm. The accords were to keep the world levels from not going over 350 ppm. 350 ppm were what they called the tipping point. Well in less than a year we went from 308 ppm to over 400 ppm. This will not take 10 years to manifest itself anymore. We are in the midst of our own extinction right now. Watch the ewather this year folks. Its going to be a wild ride and for the most part already is.

Methane release is already out of control right now. The Earth's Core is heating. The Oceans are Heating. The Volcano's are starting to go up more and more and this is just the beginning. The heat is being trapped in the atmosphere now because were are at 400 ppm and its all over kids.

We don't have 10 years. We have maybe 2 years. The droughts. Rain Effects and Flooding. Super Storms will manifest this year. If you live by the Coast O would ge moving right about now. There is not much time left.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FreshAirGirl

Mate, We've just hit cold records. It's snowing as I speak in Montreal. Snowing in mid may. Snowing, only 40 days before the summer solstice.

And my post and my searches on the topic were all from today.

Around 2005 Al Gore made the big news by announcing the World would end in the next years due to global warming. Here we are, about one decade later. No global warming, and, in fact, the charts show slight cooling.

Sorry. Sensationalist news don't stick long when one investigates into it.

And recently global warmers had to publicly admit their model was wrong:

www.climatedepot.com... s-been-no-statistically-significant-increase-in-global-surface-temperature/
edit on 13-5-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I wouldn't go as extreme as 2 years, but we're definitely in trouble.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The price of firewood should be down after all the trees get blown over.
Guess I'll wait to expand my reserves of firewood.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

I wouldn't go as extreme as 2 years, but we're definitely in trouble.

From what? So far We've seen drought (predicted by global cooling: when fresh water freezes, it stacks up as glaciers in mountains such as himalayas, which BTW reported growth, instead of irrigating), sea level stay stable or even drop (global warming was expecting sea level rise), and cold records (Russia in winter 2012-2013, India in winter 2012-2013, Quebec in dec, 2009 etc. ).

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Wherever you're getting your information from is a crock. It's true that some places have had and are having an extended winter, that doesn't mean global cooling though. There's an extreme misconception that global warming means warmer everywhere, it doesn't... before that happens we will go through climate change, meaning chaotic weather. We are continuing to see global mean temperatures rise.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I too think "climate change" is a better term. It's been much cooler here in Texas this year than I've ever seen it. And that's not just a subjective observation. My electricity bill tracks my use in KWh and also on the same graphs tracks the temperature. I could not help but notice that for the month of April, it was 9 degress cooler average temp than the year before. 9 degrees is pretty significant. If the earth had a 9 degree average drop we'd be in a mini ice age. May is on track to be even cooler than that compared to last year.

I'm 53 and I recall well how back in the 70's all the experts were saying that global cooling was going to be the big problem. They were convinced we were all going to freeze in a mini ice age.

I think both are right. We are seeing big cooling trends in some areas and warming in others. Some ice flows are actually getting larger.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 13-5-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

In the 1970s, there was increasing awareness that estimates of global temperatures showed cooling since 1945. Of those scientific papers considering climate trends over the 21st century, only 10% inclined towards future cooling, while most papers predicted future warming. The general public had little awareness of carbon dioxide's effects on climate, but Science News in May 1959 forecast a 25% increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide in the 150 years from 1850 to 2000, with a consequent warming trend. The actual increase in this period was 29%. Paul R. Ehrlich mentioned climate change from greenhouse gases in 1968. By the time the idea of global cooling reached the public press in the mid-1970s temperatures had stopped falling, and there was concern in the climatological community about carbon dioxide's warming effects. In response to such reports, the World Meteorological Organization issued a warning in June 1976 that a very significant warming of global climate was probable

In other words science was saying warming and not cooling

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Continued Cooling May Jeopardize Climate Science And Green Energy Funding!....

....There is good reason for this cooling climate consternation. As David Whitehouse at the Global Warming Policy Foundation points out: “If we have not passed it already, we are on the threshold of global observations becoming incompatible with the consensus theory of climate change.” Whitehouse notes that there has been no statistically significant increase in annual global temperatures since 1997. He goes on to say: “If the standstill (lower temperatures) continues for a few more years, it will mean that no one who has just reached adulthood, or younger, will have witnessed the Earth get warmer during their lifetime.” (Since 1997, atmospheric CO2 has increased from 370 ppm to 390 ppm.)

www.forbes.com...

you can just see those little dollar bills with wings on them.....flapping away...flying away....
bye bye little dollar.... bills bye bye....

suckers

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Al Gore is going to need a bigger scissor lift to show us 10000X worse than we thought

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

the "global warming policy foundation" is merely a think tank to find any and all info that goes against the climate scientists. THEY are not scientists..... they only research ANTI science. that is their only goal.

*edit to add that they get funding from suckers like you while THEY laugh all the way to the bank.
edit on 13-5-2013 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
......or it could all be HAARP......research that

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

edit on 14-5-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by swan001

Wherever you're getting your information from is a crock. It's true that some places have had and are having an extended winter, that doesn't mean global cooling though. There's an extreme misconception that global warming means warmer everywhere, it doesn't... before that happens we will go through climate change, meaning chaotic weather. We are continuing to see global mean temperatures rise.

I gave you a dozen of source. They can't all be crocks. Not because someone has different data means these someones are crocks.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
reply to post by Danbones

the "global warming policy foundation" is merely a think tank to find any and all info that goes against the climate scientists. THEY are not scientists..... they only research ANTI science. that is their only goal.

*edit to add that they get funding from suckers like you while THEY laugh all the way to the bank.
edit on 13-5-2013 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

Baffled German Government Concedes! “Global Warming Has Stopped…Warming Pause Is Remarkable…Unexpected

notrickszone.com...

oh stop it

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Here's a snippet from today's news cocnerning the increase in ice over the arctic:
Increase in arctic ice

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: The_Liberator

Thank you for dedication. I too have been learning all about global climate change. The most frequent response I see from most people, when confronted by the staggering and overwhelming nature of this information, is a stunned, shocked emotional and intellectual paralysis. The other most frequent response is complete denial. Considering they both accomplish the same thing, absolutely nothing, they are one and the same.

The only answer to this problem is to drastically reduce our population and impacts on the earths biosphere that our global economy places on it by demands from the population. The problem here of course is the response outlined above. The only thing that happens in response to this information is business as usual. One way or the other the population is going to decrease to levels far below today. The do nothing approach is most likely whats going happen and the crash is going to cause rampant disease and misery while billions slowly starve.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Mez353

This is one data point, and in no way justifies throwing the entire global warming model. Science will just incorporate this data into the model to refine it to make better predictions.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: The_Liberator

There is one small point of refinement maybe this scientist isn't aware about. He keeps calling for a reduction in beef.

Watch this TED talk which is about desertification. Summary desertification is caused by the lack of natural animal herd eating, trampling, #ting, and trapping biomatter and water in top layer of soil. Because humans have killed off most of the natural herd animals we MUST use goats, sheep and beef to mimic this behavior to reverse desertification. Some stunning images of this technique in action, so worth the watch.

How to fight desertification and reverse climate change

www.ted.com...

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54 >>

join