It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming is not only NOT a hoax, but it is about 10,000 times worst than your worst nightmare.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So no one would like to summarise the second half of the video for me then, as I can't watch it? I'm not asking for a detailed summary. Three sentences would do me probably. Anyone?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by YarlanZey
reply to post by The_Liberator

Will watch the stuff later, but if it was true, then why are the governments not treating it seriously?

They seem to think that some green tax will solve the worlds problems! Why not tell us exactly what the problem is, no propaganda, no brainwashing - just tell me in plain facts and then we can all take the measures to stop the problem.

It is not just down to me - I want to buy my shopping with less packaging and stuff that can be recycled. If plastic is such a problem why do my goods still come swathed in the stuff and why do supermarkets still supply bags? I use bags for life and the paper bags for loose goods where I can. I recycle everything I can. I have spent money insulating my house as much as I can afford so that it needs less to keep it warm. (these govt grants are making someone lots of money) I would like to walk everywhere but there is no better public transport

If the govts of the world were truely serious then they would be concentrating on clearing up their acts and big corps acts - and not introducing green taxes that do nothing but raise money for them. This whole global warming (oops sorry, it's now climate change isn't it?) just seems to be one more excuse for introducing taxes.

Have they stopped testing nukes - no? Did they stop BP from drilling - no? Have big corps stopped selling goods with too much packaging - no? Have big corps reduced their waste by-products - no?

Will a GREEN TAX and CARBON OFF-SETTING solve these problems? NO
edit on 2-11-2010 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)
Yep, tax us to death(slow and painful) or death by natural disaster that's our choice,I chose the natural disaster.Doesn't that guy in the video(Dan Miller) look a little like Al Gore?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

The reason governments aren't doing anything is because they can't. If they do something positive towards climate change it might mean the country becomes less competitive and loses it's world status. Only if all countries agree to do something can something be done, otherwise other countries will trump countries that choose to do something.

It's because of economic competition.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

Because there is nothing that can be done at this point. If we stop our emissions 100% (which isn't going to happen), the CO2 remains in the air, but the soot and tiny particles that are also emitted from our tail pipes almost immediately settle to the ground. The problem is that those particles reflect sunlight (a phenomenon called global dimming) which slightly cools the planet and helps to offset the true magnitude of the CO2 heating.

There is nothing we can do at this point and the government knows it.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Who says environmentalists only care about the environment? We need the environment for the people, for civilization, so that we can have our families and our friends. If we share the information maybe we can come up with some sort of solution or way to survive even if with current technology it's too late it doesn't mean we can't still come up with some solution. If people couldn't come up with solutions we wouldn't have any of the technologies we have now.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
HOAX!

Just plant a tree. She will provide you with oxygen for the rest of your life.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Your post makes me ask questions of climate deniers.

To so-called skeptics,

What do you have to gain from denial of earth/climate changes?

Seriously? Where is your proof? Are you scientists? Have you spent years analyzing weather patterns? Have you studied the melting of permafrost in Alaska? Are you familiar with the melting of ice sheets?

This is why I love ATS. Anyone, and I mean literally anyone, can be an expert in whatever they choose.

Until we see factual proof, the only thing that's a hoax is the "expertise" of ATS users.
edit on 2-11-2010 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

Skeptics don't WANT to believe that global warming is as serious as it is so they ignore all evidence that contradicts their beliefs. They Google "global warming hoax" and then look for articles, no matter how nonsensical, that will fit their world view.

They are irrational and that is why I am not responding to them in this thread. As I said, they are not convincable. Evidence does not matter to them.

I have all the respect in the world for UFO skeptics....global warming skeptics are another story altogether.

The evidence is there, whether you choose to look at it is your choice, but it is there.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

Originally posted by loner007
People still dont get it ...

climate.nasa.gov...

science.nasa.gov...

anyway as i said things are already set in motion that it cant be undone 14 yrs and counting.....

Buddy, calm down. Are you a scientist? Accreditited with a phd in any research field? No? Then relax.

Your the one that seems to have things mixed up. Scientists are coming forward saying that anthropogenic climate change is false.

But we have some guy giving NASA links saying that they know best. The same people that deny ET but yet their astronauts talking about aliens spaceships.

Wrong people to trust when the majority of their funding comes from the people pushing anthropogenic climate change.

Do some real research and don't trust what the government tells you.

Pred...

I said I wouldn't respond to deniers, but I just arbitrarily picked one to address.

This is the kind of uneducated nonsense that they say. I posted a link that said 97% of climate scientists agree that it IS real and that it IS caused by man. AND the 3% that don't agree are far less qualified and include lying sociopaths like Richard Lindzen.

This post is just one example of the kind of nonsense that deniers say....and they talk as if they know what they are talking about. I can assure you, they don't.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
woah, I dont got much time right now, to read all this. But its seems very informative..

But I got a little question, : How come does Denmark have one of the coldest years in 10 years?
I would like to know, if you know ofcourse

Because the earth does not warm uniformly. The United States also had an incredibly cold winter....BUT (and this is a big but!) last winter was the warmest worldwide since records began. And as I said, the last decade was by FAR the warmest decade since records began, and so far 2010 is the hottest year ever since records began. And that is in SPITE of the fact that we have been experiencing a LOOOONG solar minimum (so much for the theory that the sun is causing global warming...)

Don't believe me, look it up.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well there seems to be diffrent ways of looking at diffrent things,just like politics I guess ...I thought I would throw this out without adding too much opinion one way or another.[fence setter] so to speak '''
As pointed out last week, Sea Surface Temperatures and the daily lower troposphere temperatures continue to fall as La Niña looms large in the Pacific. We may find that the continued drop prevents 2010 from being the “hottest year ever” that many alarmists are hoping will to put some life back in the climate change meme. As the tropical tropospheric temperatures continue to cool, the global average is finally beginning to follow suit:+0.42 deg. C for October, 2010. This is the lowest monthly temperature anomaly we’ve seen in what has been a very warm year.

source wattsupwiththat.com...-27287

peace

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
Lol still can't believe people would think it's a hoax

People are f.... silly if you ask me.
Us silly people think its not a hoax its a natural occurance,and its another way for the government to tax us to death.the scaming government if they were really serious they would go after the big corporations polluting our waters throwing toxic waste into our rivers,allowing the big oil companies to spill oil into the oceans,but no what do they do they tell us to put solar panels,buy more expensive more toxic light bulbs continually suppress alternative energies.All they want is more money and they want it from us,I would rather die from a natural disaster that to be taxed to death!lol

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by amc621

Very interesting information. Can you elaborate on a few things? What makes you a UFO expert? What were you studying the last few years to make you a global warming expert? I see your attached videos, just wondering what else did you study or read to become a global warming expert?

Thanks,

It's just my personality. When I'm interested in a subject I read everything I can get my hands on until I feel satisfied that I know what I'm talking about.

I studied UFO's for about 15 years and probably read 3 dozen books and watched a ton of videos (that was back when you had to order the VHS tapes, lol)

I did the same with global warming.

Of course, now it's different because we have the internet. I did read 4 or 5 books (Earth, Hell and High Water, Field notes from a catastrophe, Storms of my Grandchildren, and one or 2 others....can't remember the titles).

But I have done literally thousands of hours of research on the internet. And that includes reading every argument put forward by skeptics....every one of them.

I used to debate them until I realized that you cannot have a debate with a global warming skeptic. It's just not possible (which is why I am ignoring them here with few exceptions). They do not want facts....

But feel free to take it on yourself to look into anything they say and you will see that they quite literally lie and distort facts as easy as breathing.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Extinction within a decade (or even our lifetime)? That's a bit sensationalist, don't you think? I can't imagine any video convincing me of this. Greatest threat?

At least a few nations on Earth, collectively, have enough nuclear arms to wipe us all out as a species in a matter of minutes. We always assume nobody is crazy enough to actually do it, but that's a pretty big assumption. There are viruses that in today's world, could spread in days and kill us off. These concerns worry me far more than a global cycle we are powerless to affect, much less stop.

When able, I'll entertain the idea, and watch the video, but the Earth underwent these kinds of changes long before we were capable of anything that could affect it. (i.e. ancient man didn't create the Ice Age they were in, hunting Mammoths...)
And just like it's likely we didn't cause it, it's equally unlikely we'll be able to do anything about it. We can't even stop a hurricane or tornado, how does anyone expect we can impact this kind of cycle?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by loner007

I do have a question for you. If it's already too late, and we are all doomed because of cow farts or whatever, why is it important to convince anyone that you are right? It doesn't matter. Unless you want to make sure your ego is in good shape for the afterlife. If you are truly a person who cares about the environment, you would welcome the end of human existence and let the earth go back to it's natural cycle and be a happy planet. Otherwise, you are a hypocrite who is only interested in self preservation, but with a noble approach.

This isn't aimed at you personally, but to all the people who are doing the same thing you are.

That is a good question. I guess it's kind of an intellectual exercise on my part. But you are correct, there really isn't much point, lol.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

What many doesn't know is that when "Crap and fake" was pushed in congress it was over a thousand lobbyist from many money making scams buying whores in congress because the predictions on profits.

The only reason it have not passed is that the economic downfall has rendered Americans unemployed and increasing taxes (that is what crap and fake is all about) will bring this nation to a stand still for political gain right now.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
What happened to the hurricanes I thought we were going to get a record number in the US this year of big mean nasty ones. I guess my unedcautated prediction was right just an off year. I like it when I win th gulf oil spill changed the whole equasion

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nwobrazil

I can't even believe I am seeing a post like this here. I think you just got the wrong sources.

Try this for a start:
wattsupwiththat.com...

Your references are all from global warming supporters.

Anthony Watts (the guy who runs that site) lies and distorts facts in practically every post. He has been debunked over and over.

www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
97% of climatologists agree that global warming is real?

answers.yahoo.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

These links say otherwise!!!!!

edit on 2-11-2010 by OG_SWAGGA_KING because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I'm just curious...what are your credentials?

What is your profession?

What is your degree in if you have one?

What is your highest education level?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by monkey_descendant

I'll summarize the important parts:

Greenland is melting. The West Antarctic Ice Sheet is melting. Both of them are ice on land, meaning sea level WILL rise....by meters.

Most importantly, however, the permafrost is melting. It contains vast stores of methane gas that is beginning to seep into the atmosphere at a rate never before seen. Methane is FAR more powerful than CO2 as a greenhouse gas so as more escapes it gets hotter, allowing the permafrost to melt faster, releasing more methane in a positive feedback loop.

Other positive feedbacks exist that make things very bad very fast, and none of them were taken into account in the IPCC report because they claimed they were too hard to model accurately.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join