It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming is not only NOT a hoax, but it is about 10,000 times worst than your worst nightmare.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

No, it's about the continuation of higher life forms on this planet. It's not merely about the environment, but about how all life is interdependent on each other to some extent. We all share this one earth, so it's in everyone's best interest to make sure the environment is somewhat stable for future generations. Seeing as most people are too bloody retarded to take the necessary actions, the only logical conclusion IS self preservation this far down the line. There's no hypocrisy here, it's merely logic and common sense.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

so environment be damned, save yourself?

I thought we were all gona die. It's too late now. Isn't that what was said at the beginning of this thread?

Oh now I am confused.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yeah, all these geoengineer advocates seem to think it can be slowed down by spraying the skys with lots of reflective stuff like aluminum... Too bad aluminum is a toxic metal and would do worse destroying ecosystems... No plants, no oxygen, no life.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

so environment be damned, save yourself?

No, civilization be damned, life goes on. Let's do what we can to make sure some of us make it through this. Obviously, working outside of social constructs is the only way at this point.

Originally posted by network dude
I thought we were all gona die. It's too late now. Isn't that what was said at the beginning of this thread?

Oh now I am confused.

Think what you will. I still have hope for the wisest of us.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Liberator

I can't even believe I am seeing a post like this here. I think you just got the wrong sources.

Try this for a start:
wattsupwiththat.com...

Your references are all from global warming supporters.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I have used up my internet data allowance and can't view the second half of the video. Could someone please summarise the second part of the video? I know about the six degrees theory and the catastrophes that are meant to happen at each degree. Is this what he goes into? And what does he say? What's his conclusion?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If earth wants to get rid of us like it did to the dinosaurs before us it will and is not a darn thing that we will be able to do no matter how much we dig ourselves in a hole under the earth.

The only reasons we humans think our selves above and better than other species is religious believes.

We humans are nothing more than another evolutionary oddity in the cycle of life, life will still be here once we are all gone, and those that survive will be better and improved.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
If earth wants to get rid of us like it did to the dinosaurs before us it will and is not a darn thing that we will be able to do no matter how much we dig ourselves in a hole under the earth.

Crap. Were dinosaurs able to communicate with each other across the globe in mere milliseconds? Were they able to leap outside this rock and reach for another pebble in the sky?

These lines of reasoning you guys present are just freaking retarded.

No common sense, whatsoever.

You guys wanna give up, fine. Get out of my way, I am to survive the idiocy and insanity.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Global yes allot of eveidence true, mans fault hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah sure we have made one hell of a mess of this beautiful world and rightiously screwd it the eff up, there's far too much to mention but as far as the gobal warming thing goes.......I think you need to look at Galaxtic warming, the ice caps on Mars are melting, all of the outer planets are experiencing climate change as the heliosphere pushes through the universe it is causing super heated plasma gases to be released back into the galaxy (think of a space shuttle coming into re-entry), yeah it global too and yeah it's beyond our help but also beyond our means, the ego bigger then the issue as often is with us humans.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
kinda funny that you fail to include the rest of our solar system warming up as well. yes the earth is warming up, but so is this solar system. So yes things are going to get interesting, but can you or tptb do anything about it? hell no you cannot! so no new taxes and lets just enjoy the ride, persay

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

before I bury myself and family in a hole for 60 years, I am going to make sure there really is a problem. meaning, in 5 years there isn't some global colling trend that will affect us all if we don't throw some money at it real fast. Slow down, and let the data sort itself out. Nobody's gona die because of global warming unless they are trampled at a demonstration led my Mr. Gore. The earth is quite good at adapting to changes. We are too. Why, I hear tell, that there are people who live near the equator, and there are people who live near the north pole. buy a coat or a fan and live your life.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

My god man....check your ego at the door and watch the friggen presentation. If you still don't believe it then debunk the claims in the presentation..

If not, kindly STFU and leave your political innuendos at the door.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I have been skeptic on both sides of this topic as I see two completely different sets of information which contradict each other. Lately I have started to consider the possibility that Global Warming is indeed a scam due to the fact that the information the IPCC has been spreading to prove their theory has been completely falsified. When an entire organization is caught making information up I have a hard time taking anything they say seriously so with this in mind I cannot take anything the video from the OP seriously.

Now here is some quick nuggets of facts I have found which I have used to consider my opinion:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Apparently the north pole was supposed to be ice free in 2007?
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Well that could not have been further from the truth:
www.theregister.co.uk...

Another article on the global cooling effect:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Again, this is my opinion and would gladly listen to anyone else's opinion which has substantiated information to provide as I am always eager for the truth.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Wow, that is a little harsh. How about you agree to disagree and just leave it at that.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
You guys do know that water vapor is this planet's most significant greenhouse gas right? That it accounts for 95% of Earth's greenhouse effect?

Or that CO2 makes up 3.618%, with Methane limping in with .360%, and these don't mention that a very tiny percentage of these already tiny numbers, is actually man made.

How much do we contribute to each greenhouse gas?

Water vapor: .001%
CO2: .117%
Methane: .047%

Climate change is natural, it happens in a cycle and we have VERY little to do with it. How about we take care of our planet and work WITH it rather than against it, because it is just common sense.

I don't understand how living the same and taxing people is gonna help, do you REALLY think any of that money would actually make it back to helping the environment?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

That way of thinking will put you in the first one to be exterminated, because you will be waiting for "a creator" to take care of you, or "rapture you away" yes we humans are parasites that happens to have a brain and think of ourselves above any other species, while most species interact with nature and keep balance, we humans destroy, consume and move on to keep the same cycle of devastation.

At the end we are nothing than another species in earth but with devastating effects and like that we will be dealt with, with all our "brains" we will be the most vulnerable due to arrogance.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
Don't waste your time here. Just let them eat burgers, oilshrimps and drive a SUV until Day Zero comes. It's total disturbing to see how stupid people are today. Someone on this board said a week ago, the vegetarians are the guys that make global warming, because they eat all that Soja beans from Amazonas. LOL

I eat healthy, I try and grow my own vegies and compost my waste, I ride a bike and have a 2 year old car with less that 20,000 kilometers on the clock.
I have energy efficient lights, I turn off appliances when not in use, in fact I lead a greener life than most supporters of global warming, yet I am skeptical of how much impact man has made on the climate.

I hear constantly by supporters of the idea of glabal warming that every time we have a drought in Australia or a flood it is because of global warming.
I then try and remind them of a poem written by Dorothea Mackellar called "My country" which was written around the year 1900
the part of the poem which stands out to me is

I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains, Of ragged mountain ranges, Of droughts and flooding rains.

Who do you think was responsible for Australias droughts and flooding rains back when this poem was written when we had a population of 3.8 million.

I will add just this little tit bit, Australia worst recorded drought, lasted from 1895 to 1903.
anyone care to explain that little gem to me?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Harsh? Are you joking. Do you understand the implications here? Apparently not....which is why some of you seriously need to lose the "who's right or wrong" paradigm. Stop making it into a left right parallel.

Bottom line, watch the presentation and then come back and tell me I was harsh.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
I think the biggest problem with the whole "global warming" debate is that it was simply the wrong thing to call it. Whoever labeled it that should be shot. It's "global violent weather pattern changes." Every time we get a really good cold snap I get to hear about it. "Oh! It must be the global warming *snicker*." It's a culmination of everything. Most of which was inevitable and given the current state of things, I welcome it. I just hope those who have enough money to think they can escape the consequences get * just as hard as the common man.
I think the one thing that pisses me off about the whole issue is the people out there that are trying to make money off the event(cap-in-trade).I do realize we need to make changes but how much effect can we have on global warming?I believe this is completely out of our hands.If it happens it happens and then maybe, we can start over and do things right.Hard lessons to be learned for sure.......................

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The only reasons we humans think our selves above and better than other species is religious believes.

We humans are nothing more than another evolutionary oddity in the cycle of life, life will still be here once we are all gone, and those that survive will be better and improved.

I wish I could give you more than one star for that...lol

Originally posted by unityemissions
Crap. Were dinosaurs able to communicate with each other across the globe in mere milliseconds? Were they able to leap outside this rock and reach for another pebble in the sky?

I don't know. And noone else does either. There is no reason to believe that they couldn't. After all, there were around 100x as long as we have been so far and look what we have accomplished. Yet in 10,000 years all of our gloriuous acheivements will be gone if we were to simply vanish.
edit on 11-2-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join