It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming is not only NOT a hoax, but it is about 10,000 times worst than your worst nightmare.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Planets ARE NOT WARMING. WHERE THE HELL ARE people getting this information from?

www.skepticalscience.com...

this is the same link i posted above. READ IT

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Liberator

Will watch the stuff later, but if it was true, then why are the governments not treating it seriously?

They seem to think that some green tax will solve the worlds problems! Why not tell us exactly what the problem is, no propaganda, no brainwashing - just tell me in plain facts and then we can all take the measures to stop the problem.

It is not just down to me - I want to buy my shopping with less packaging and stuff that can be recycled. If plastic is such a problem why do my goods still come swathed in the stuff and why do supermarkets still supply bags? I use bags for life and the paper bags for loose goods where I can. I recycle everything I can. I have spent money insulating my house as much as I can afford so that it needs less to keep it warm. (these govt grants are making someone lots of money) I would like to walk everywhere but there is no better public transport

If the govts of the world were truely serious then they would be concentrating on clearing up their acts and big corps acts - and not introducing green taxes that do nothing but raise money for them. This whole global warming (oops sorry, it's now climate change isn't it?) just seems to be one more excuse for introducing taxes.

Have they stopped testing nukes - no? Did they stop BP from drilling - no? Have big corps stopped selling goods with too much packaging - no? Have big corps reduced their waste by-products - no?

Will a GREEN TAX and CARBON OFF-SETTING solve these problems? NO
edit on 2-11-2010 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Also to add
I don't think we have enough statistics to tell if things are warming up or cooling down. There are CYCLES in everything and to be honest I have not noticed anything all that different.

Spring is still spring, summer still summer with the crappy wet summer we always have during the holidays, autumn is still autumn with the little indian summer at the beginning just as the schools go back, and winter is still winter with a little more days of snow than the last few years, but I remember we had more snow when I was little 1980s.

We also need to remind ourselves that the seasons are natural and that our calendars are not natural but rigid.

We need to look at history - when were the last ice ages? Didn't the poles have green fertile lands under them thousands of years ago? If they did then if they should melt we would only be going back to how things were before.

If we build on flood planes and near to faults, reclaimed land from the sea and deserts, removed forests, dug out caverns and poured concrete evrywhere, created ponds of toxic waste etc then of course there is going to be disaster because we have changed our enviroment and the weather will have a greater impact on our lives!!

I honestly believe that we do not know enough and do not have enough data going back far enough to say either way.

We do however, need to get our acts together as pollution is never a good thing.

edit on 2-11-2010 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Your post makes me ask questions of climate deniers.

To so-called skeptics,

What do you have to gain from denial of earth/climate changes?

Seriously? Where is your proof? Are you scientists? Have you spent years analyzing weather patterns? Have you studied the melting of permafrost in Alaska? Are you familiar with the melting of ice sheets?

This is why I love ATS. Anyone, and I mean literally anyone, can be an expert in whatever they choose.

Until we see factual proof, the only thing that's a hoax is the "expertise" of ATS users.
edit on 2-11-2010 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Who cares if it's real or not.

Who cares if it's man made or not.

The planet suffered way worse before humans even existed.

Animals survived. Nature survived.

The earth will survive whatever happens, whatever humans create, except of course nanobots eating everything, bombs strong enough to wipe out the earth, creating black holes and the sun exploding in 5 billion years.

Life survived the impact that killed the dinosaurs that killed 99% of all lifeforms on the earth. So please.

Humans might not survive whatever BS we come up with, but nature will.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

You have it a bit wrong , most of the global warming deniers (myself included) never said global warming is a hoax , we are saying that man made global warming is a hoax . Global warming is a cyclical process , that happens once a while , and humans have nothing to do with it , or at least nothing major (yes we might contribute somewhat to the problem , but the scale is so small that it does not make a difference ).

I am not saying that we are not headed for a rough ride , but imposing carbon tax and other money making schemes , has nothing to do with saving the planet .

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I think the whole concept is very simple.

The Earth warms and cool regardless of humans, it has for billions and billions of years, and to think we can impact it with our petty industrial revolution is bad.

The methane to be released is much worse, BUT, there isn't that much we can do about it. The Earth has been warmer than now before and the methane did not cause a big problem at that point. There has never been a flash burn in any geological records that we know of, so I would say the possibility of things like this happening are fairly small.

Climate change is a natural process that will occur no matter if human even existed.

Do we treat the Earth like garbage? Yes.

That is what we need to change, we do not need to make people bilionaires in the process.

The Earth's climate changes, yes, but if there is something that wipes us off the planet then that is what the planet deems necessary for it's survival.

Whose to argue with their mother?

Pred...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
People still dont get it ...

climate.nasa.gov...

science.nasa.gov...

anyway as i said things are already set in motion that it cant be undone 14 yrs and counting.....

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I can adapt to changed conditions and I am sure others can too. I really doubt that we are to become extinct. That's a bit too much for a rational person to accept. Besides we have 2012 to worry about. We also have Arm-E-Geddon on the front burner and don't forget the Rapture. Personally I'm still waiting for my computer to do something catastrophic following Y2K. Yawn.

I'm going to go get a cold beer.

tt

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Well here's what it comes down to:

It is completely sane to have a logical differing opinion from the annointed masses of the Church of Man Made Global Warming.

I am not a scientist yet, and I don't have experience as you mentioned, but I do have a decently developed brain, and my brain completely concurs that we seem to be in the midst of a fast-moving climate shift. But my brain also tells me that the man made acolytes have some serious holes in their evidence. Compromised temp stations, cherry picked tree ring data, "adjusted data" with original data destroyed. What kind of science is going on in you Church man?!

Personally I think it is foolish and arrogant of people to use any of our modern measurement data to prove anything! Major climate trends are measured in geologic time. Trying to measure climate trends by decade or even century old data is more like trying to scientifically deduce where the next raindrop is gonna hit.

Bring on the ice cores and the rock samples. Those have some gravitas on the timeline. Work from that point of view to find hypothesis that can be applied to our observations today. Because if it happened before without evil factories belching out CO2 then it can happen now, with or without our help. For example, this is from New Scientist May 2007:

In fact, clouds are one of the greatest uncertainties in climate science. It is not even clear whether the satellite measurements of changes in cloudiness are correct or how these changes have affected temperature, let alone what will happen in the future. Clouds might mitigate global warming or amplify it.

So a few decades of thin (or thick!) cloudcover, we have CO2 melting out of Siberia, starting the cycle...Or something like that. There are too many variables scientists don't understand yet.

I am not saying our pollutants are not bad...they are, and we should work to reduce or eliminate them on principle. But the fact is the decisions are being pushed on us by a very few, very rich men who's motivations are not altruistic nor humanitarian.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Don't waste your time here. Just let them eat burgers, oilshrimps and drive a SUV until Day Zero comes. It's total disturbing to see how stupid people are today. Someone on this board said a week ago, the vegetarians are the guys that make global warming, because they eat all that Soja beans from Amazonas. LOL

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
People still dont get it ...

climate.nasa.gov...

science.nasa.gov...

anyway as i said things are already set in motion that it cant be undone 14 yrs and counting.....

Buddy, calm down. Are you a scientist? Accreditited with a phd in any research field? No? Then relax.

Your the one that seems to have things mixed up. Scientists are coming forward saying that anthropogenic climate change is false.

But we have some guy giving NASA links saying that they know best. The same people that deny ET but yet their astronauts talking about aliens spaceships.

Wrong people to trust when the majority of their funding comes from the people pushing anthropogenic climate change.

Do some real research and don't trust what the government tells you.

Pred...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Theres only one response i have to do after reading that and thats
and "walks away"
edit on 2/11/2010 by loner007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The question is who trusts politicians/coporates.

The issue is not if the science is right or wrong it is when the science is transfered in the hands of politicians and coporates.. suddenly it turns into an exploitative commodity, and the end result is someone getting rich with little to nothing is done to change the situation.

Well, that is my expereince implementing EU enviromental directives across 8 members states..

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

Good post

I tend to share your standpoint that the scientific approach to this potentially devastating issue has been shambolic at best and downright devious at worst. The climategate emails serve as a reminder of this. The following link is an in depth analysis of these controversial emails by scientist John P. Costella: Climategate Emails Analysis (pdf).

An excerpt from the opening:

The best analogy that I have been able to come up with, in recent weeks, is the criminal
justice system—which is often depicted in the popular media. Everyone knows what happens if the police obtain evidence by illegal means: the evidence is ruled inadmissible; and, if a case rests on that tainted evidence, it is thrown out of court. The justice system is not saying that the accused is necessarily innocent; rather, that determining the truth is impossible if evidence is not protected from tampering or fabrication.

What these emails show is that the IPCC and their so called 'scientists' cannot be trusted to come to sound scientific conclusions based upon the scientific method that has been perfected for hundreds of years. They aren't to be trusted and neither is their data, and when the worlds leading climate change organisation is found to be cheating to acquiesce to a specific agenda, then all of their data before has to be ruled inadmissible and everything they produce since has to be heavily scrutinised.

My mind isn't yet made up about the issue of man-made global warming, but if the IPCC is the best we have, then I'm afraid we could be doomed. And if the world does dramatically change over the coming decades resulting in massive global disruption then, I'm sorry, but the only ones to blame will be the IPCC and their dodgy scientists.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

That's right, deniers!

You can continue to live in that bubble of yours! Global warming? Pshaw!

So eat your red meat, drive your Jeeps and continue living the American lie!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Yep man made global warming exists because people who are never right are right on this, lol.

There is no such thing as man made global warming. Cycles in the sun and planet dominate the weather patterns fact, not a cow farting.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

The most important thing I've learned about the powers that be is that they're not as united or organized as we fear them to be. For this reason you have significant corporate interests continuing to fund anti-climate change propaganda, and you also have elements of the global elite that have hijacked the climate change movement to make a profit or distract people from other truths. I have to go with the 97% of scientists, especially climatologists on this one, but that doesn't mean the truth will set us free in this case.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
woah, I dont got much time right now, to read all this. But its seems very informative..

But I got a little question, : How come does Denmark have one of the coldest years in 10 years?
I would like to know, if you know ofcourse

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
woah, I dont got much time right now, to read all this. But its seems very informative..

But I got a little question, : How come does Denmark have one of the coldest years in 10 years?
I would like to know, if you know ofcourse

What makes me laugh to was that gw conference was snowing last year. Did you see obama waste his time going over there, getting of the plane going to a global warming conference, and it was snowing as he landed.

Get in there with your cows farting theory that is causing warming, lol.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join