It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto's Stock is going down!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Is this a sign of a grassroots effort becoming competitve?

Can the laws of patienting life be repeiled through natrual laws of evolution?

How can they patent life they didnt create in orgin if it was modified by a chemical reaction?

If all plant life is patentble should the patents be subjected to world wide liability.

Ex: Isurance claims, proporty tax, maitaince fees, Soil erotion, Toxicology clean up of plant treatments, water fees, time and interest, death, pathigens, alergies, natural toxicicity, hybread toxicity and bactiria.

What do you think we need in food production?

I want to hear from all of you.

Thanks A.T.S. members!

edit on 1-11-2010 by spritualextendsemail because:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by spritualextendsemail
Is this a sign of a grassroots effort becoming competitve?

It may point to the trend towards organics. Watch out though, Monsanto and other mass producers are working behind the scenes to gut the life out of the notion 'organic'. For example, right now a USDA Organic applesauce could use dubiously labeled "organically grown" apples from China or Brazil or wherever, process them into a powder, ship them to Vermont or California or Ohio where they are reconstituted and used in "Made in America" "Organic" applesauce. Doesn't sound very organic to me.

Can the laws of patienting life be repeiled through natrual laws of evolution?

The very notion of allowing a corporation patent life is disgusting to begin with, let alone allowing them to meddle with the world's natural food chain. But the answer to this question is no. Monsanto's demon-lawyers have secured the rights to all future generations of life which can be traced back to their "intellectual property."
I believe the wording includes any life shown to be modified by Monsanto's GE product. So if the GE corn cross-pollinates with a native crop, subsequent seeds and plants are the property of Monsanto. They actively pursue farmers who do not buy their seeds, illegally trespass onto their fields and test for genetic heritage. If they find their stuff, they then sue the farmer for "licensing fees" or something like that.

How can they patent life they didnt create in orgin if it was modified by a chemical reaction?

Well, by any sane reasoning they shouldn't. BUT we're not dealing with sanity, we're dealing with government. You have to remember that they are hard at work in the government capitols of the world, buying politicians and judges so they can ensure their plan rolls out exactly as they want it too. In fact in the U.S. Monsanto "ex" executives have been well placed, even running the FDA and EPA. I would expect the same reach into European Ag agencies as well.

If all plant life is patentble should the patents be subjected to world wide liability.

That's exactly the goal of Monsanto! Internationally accepted patents on their plants and all future generations of plants. It's plain to see that they stand to profit greatly if native species become extinct due to cross breeding, so it can be concluded that their endgame is to destroy natural crops completely, gaining absolute control and profit. This position would also provide them with even more political clout in the world arena.

Ex: Isurance claims, proporty tax, maitaince fees, Soil erotion, Toxicology clean up of plant treatments, water fees, time and interest, death, pathigens, alergies, natural toxicicity, hybread toxicity and bactiria.

I'm not sure where you're going with the first part of this...Are you saying they should be liable for all those items? Sadly they have insulated themselves from most of the list. They provide seeds/plants. Most of that list would fall under the farmers/corporations putting plants into the ground.
As for Hybrid Toxicity, there are studies on their products (bovine growth hormone in particular) that really damn Monsanto. Sadly they have suppressed or bought out anyone who tries to bring it to light. And at least in America people are for the most part to lazy to care.

What do you think we need in food production?

Integrity, honesty, good soil, clean water, sensible crops for the climate, zero government manipulation of the markets, zero chemical additives/preservatives...that's a good starting list I think.

join