It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq church raid. When does it end?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

BAGHDAD (Reuters) – Fifty-two hostages and police officers were killed when security forces raided a Baghdad church to free more than 100 Iraqi Catholics held by al Qaeda-linked gunmen, a deputy interior minister said on Monday.

The gunmen took hostages at the Our Lady of Salvation Church, one of Baghdad's largest and demanded the release of al Qaeda prisoners in Iraq and Egypt.

U.S. and Iraqi military helicopters thundered overhead as security forces cordoned off the area.

When is this war going to be over? This shows that Iraq is just unstable as ever and Obama has vowed to pull out troops, I am wondering when this will happen. If we pull out now, radicals could take over making it a breeding ground for the radicals. If we don't pull out now more of our own people die, if we do pull out now more people from over there die. Alot of people have died from the direct effect of the war and from non-direct effect of the war. They have radicals who will kill or let their own be murdered to fight against freedom and we have our own radicals who will kill or let their own be murdered for freedom. Do we pick up the pieces from this IRAQ war and leave or do we make them pick up the pieces left by us? It has to end one way or the other at some time... Patience is a virtue, but how long would you wait if the clock was working against you? I ask you ATS, when will this end and how?
edit on 1-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It ends when the US recognizes it will never win a battle against religious factions that have been battling each other for centuries. You cannot defeat religious beliefs with troops. Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan...we are never going to change the balance of religious factions in those areas.

I was raised in the military and believe in striking those that are the root of extremism linked to attacks on US or our allies' interests and population...however if it was up to me I would pull out of all of these leaving with the message that we know where you are and are not far away and if you reach out and hurt any more of our citizens we will flatten everything within sight of where we believe you are hiding. And keep pounding from a distance until we get you.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Saddam kept his people in check. The US intentionally destabilized the country in order to secure their oil fields, which are now owned by pro-American corporations and guarded by mercenary forces (both foreign and regional). As long as Iraqis continue to fight Iraqis, they aren't disrupting the flow of oil.

Get it yet? This is American policy for the Middle East; they don't care about the people there because they have no problem reducing them to disease and civil war if it eliminates their resistance capability. They also don't care about their own soldiers either considering the excessive use of depleted uranium. Gulf War Syndrome anyone? Oh, I guess it is called PTSD now, because in the history of war it has now only become massively depressing

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laserjock
It ends when the US recognizes it will never win a battle against religious factions that have been battling each other for centuries. You cannot defeat religious beliefs with troops. Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan...we are never going to change the balance of religious factions in those areas.

I was raised in the military and believe in striking those that are the root of extremism linked to attacks on US or our allies' interests and population...however if it was up to me I would pull out of all of these leaving with the message that we know where you are and are not far away and if you reach out and hurt any more of our citizens we will flatten everything within sight of where we believe you are hiding. And keep pounding from a distance until we get you.

Nah. The war will end when you destroy the culture and the mindset that perpetuates the enemies' actions.

For further information, read about the destruction of the imperial Japanese empire and the end of operations in the Pacific theater of war during WWII.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Saddam kept his people in check. The US intentionally destabilized the country in order to secure their oil fields, which are now owned by pro-American corporations and guarded by mercenary forces (both foreign and regional). As long as Iraqis continue to fight Iraqis, they aren't disrupting the flow of oil.

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Get it yet? This is American policy for the Middle East; they don't care about the people there because they have no problem reducing them to disease and civil war if it eliminates their resistance capability. They also don't care about their own soldiers either considering the excessive use of depleted uranium. Gulf War Syndrome anyone? Oh, I guess it is called PTSD now, because in the history of war it has now only become massively depressing

PTSD and Gulf War Syndrome are two different things. Little research, Ace. And PTSD has been around for eons.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinicWhen is this war going to be over? I ask you ATS, when will this end and how

First of all: DON'T BLAME ME

For more than 32 years I have relentlessly informed the media officials and the religious 'authorities' of the United States and the Israel that the source of the conflict in the Middle East is the universal DISinterpretation of the Doctrine of "resurrection" as a doctrine of the physical raising of a dead body from the grave; when it was taught by Isaiah, Daniel, Jesus & Mohammed as, instead, a Doctrine of 'Rebirth'.

Publicizing that ONE Truth would have diminished the religious 'justification' of evil Jewish, Christian and Muslim religionists to mercilessly slaughter those of other religions. Publicizing that ONE Truth would have diminished the loss of Muslim, Christian AND Jewish lives.

But successive editors of The Jerusalem Post DID NOT WANT this Truth to be publicized.

The media and the religious 'authorities' specifically did not WANT that Truth to be publicized.

And the politicians DID NOT CARE.

And remember, all of this comes under the category of "hate speech".

Mi cha el

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Dam Churches, stop churching the place up, there can only be 1 church.

new topics

top topics

join