It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake GOP ad uses "Morgan Freeman" voice and falsely claims it is him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I am not sure what the right forum for this was but I found it rather entertaining due to the lengthy tale that lead up to this all being exposed as a fake. The ad for B.J. Lawson features a voice over by a man sounding eerily familiar.

see ad here before it is pulled

(The first few sources for the video I found had already been pulled.)

According to the source

Campaign manager Martin Avila explains that a supporter of Lawson's was also acquainted with Mr. Freeman and connected the campaign with the actor. He warns that the commercial should not be counted as an endorsement by Freeman but says the spot "is really resonating" in the district.
source

The only problem is, Morgan Freeman does not remember doing the ad stating

"These people are lying," he said through his publicist. "I have never recorded any campaign ads for B.J. Lawson, and I do not support his candidacy. No one who represents me ever has ever authorized the use of my name, voice or any other likeness in support of Mr. Lawson or his candidacy."
source

I am not posting this to paint all of any one side of anything any particular way. I am just highlighting this one instance of political insanity.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I wish I could see the ad. The video says it's a private video and that I must friend someone on FB to see it.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Its a FaceBook conspiracy to get more middle aged people signed up.

The message is, if you are not on FaceBook then you are a no-one and do not deserve the news.

I personally only get my news from Fox, because they always tell the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by StinkFist
I wish I could see the ad. The video says it's a private video and that I must friend someone on FB to see it.

Sorry about that. That was the last link I could find that had the video embedded where I could watch it. Apparently the campaign pulled it pretty quickly and I am having a hard time finding a copy of it online. They played a bit of it on TV and it sure sounded like him. I am going to keep looking.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

I looked around too but couldn't find anything that wasn't a link to the same private video

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I saw it on tv and it sounded exactly like Morgan Freeman. To a tee.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Thank you soooo much for posting that.
I was starting to wonder if maybe I had imagined it all.

new topics

top topics

join