It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book: 'Michael Moore Is A Big Fat Stupid White Man'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well, it seems that Michael Moore only believes in free speech for himself and not for others. Michael Moore is now threatening to sue critics of his latest mockery of a "documentary". One of the people he will possible sue could be the publisher of his own book.

" Moore is so terrified by his detractors he claims that he has already hired a cabal of lawyers. He says he will sue Bush supporters who he thinks may be preparing to slander him.

Moore's hypocrisy is obvious. Slate editor Jack Shafer says �Moore's hysterical, empty threats" to sue critics of his latest schlockumentary shows that he "appears to believe in free speech only for himself."

Moore�s one time publisher, ReganBooks, is out with a disturbing yet comical book that dismantles every cog of that propaganda machine marketed as Michael Moore.

David T. Hardy and Jason Clarke's "Michael Moore Is A Big Fat Stupid White Man" begins by unearthing his phony roots and goes right up to his latest "documentary."

Meet the Flint-drone: Everybody knows Moore is a blue-collar guy from Flint, Mich., right? That's how he always sells himself.

In reality, he was born and raised in the wealthy, lily-white town of Davison, Mich, the authors reveal. No wonder the clown prince of self-loathing developed such a complex about hating rich, stupid white males.

In a letter to Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times last year, Moore still listed his town as Flint. In fact, despite his proclamations that "capitalism is a sin" and "an evil system," he lives in a $1.9 million apartment in Manhattan and enjoys a $1.2 million summer home on Torch Lake in Michigan."

Excerpted from.
www.newsmax.com...

It was about time the truth came out about this self proclaim Robin Hood of the working class....

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
�Moore's hysterical, empty threats" to sue critics of his latest schlockumentary ...

I prefer the term "crockumentary," but that's just me.

Here is another article on the book with some more info.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well, you know, I think he did prove one thing thou. He called Americans as "stupid", yet everyone kept thinking he was telling the truth with his distorted fantasies and exagerated facts. He made a mockery of the United States in general, and most Americans were so....smart, many were nodding their heads with him as he kept making money.

You can see in every picture of him that he is laughing his butt off for every American that believed him to be their saviour.

Perhaps I should publish a book insulting Americans and the world in their faces to make money while making up facts and exagerating others, it seems to be "en vogue" these days.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
maybe he should read up on Flynt Vs Falwell.

falwell failed to prove his case that flynt slandered him.

and the person(s) that wrote the book can fall back on "its a satire" reasoning. seems more like satire to me.

either way moore can certainly dish it out but not take it.

1.9 million dollar apartment? yeah that certainly sounds like "working class" to me.

its ok to be rich just dont claim to be one of "the people" or to be for "the people" and live like a rich person.

unless he thinks the average person in america has a 1.9 million dollar apartment or house. in which case bill gates could be considered to be of the "working class" moore claims to be a part of.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is so damn clever, I swear to God I might just become right-wing.

Let me just get this right - these guys are proving Moore is lying, biased propogandist by being lying... biased..... propo -

Hey, wait a minute, I think I see a problem.

Whatever you do, don't argue the meat of Moore's work, will you? Don't try and prove that Bush isn't a lying moron with a shady past, whatever you do! No, it's far better to attack Moore's weight and dodgy facial hair.

Isn't it about time you guys just gave up, held up yours hands, admitted Bush's staggering, eye-watering illegitimate incompetance, and moved on?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

Here is another article on the book with some more info.

From the article by David Germain

"He creates a false impression without ever uttering a word that is untrue," said Hardy, an ex-Interior Department attorney who runs the Web site mooreexposed.com. "Moore is a master of that."

Well, who else has created false impressions without ever uttering a word that is untrue? Haven't Bush and Cheney repeatedly told us that they never said that Iraq was an imminent threat? Haven't Bush and Cheney repeatedly told us that they never said that Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11?

I find it hilarious that one of Moore's severest critics admits that Moore never utters a word that is untrue.

"He creates a false impression" = "The implications of Moore's facts give me cognitive dissonance."

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Have any of you local ATS "Moore-haters" actually seen the movie? Or are you just reading Newsmax and letting them tell you how to think?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Have any of you local ATS "Moore-haters" actually seen the movie? Or are you just reading Newsmax and letting them tell you how to think?

Yes. I saw it Friday.
I, for one, am not letting Moore tell me how to think, unlike so many people here.

I went into the movie with an open mind, and walked out disgusted.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I went into the movie with an open mind, and walked out disgusted.

Yes, but with whom were you disgusted? With Moore? With Bush? With yourself for believing the lies of Bush and Cheney?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo
Yes, but with whom were you disgusted? With Moore? With Bush? With yourself for believing the lies of Bush and Cheney?

With Moore's half-arsed attempts at filmmaking.
Why would I be disgusted with myself? I think for myself, I don't let a narcissist like Moore do it for me.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

With Moore's half-arsed attempts at filmmaking.
Why would I be disgusted with myself? I think for myself, I don't let a narcissist like Moore do it for me.

Sound's like you're more worried about Moore than his movie. What do you think of the assertions in the movie (Bush-bin Laden connection, etc.)?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Moore insulted America, he insulted the victims of 9/11, even those who fought the terrorists and downed flight 93 fighting. He called these victims of terrorism cowards, calling them "scaredy-cats." Not only did he insult them but he showed here also that he didn't know the facts of flight 93...figures, he doesn't seem to like facts and prefers to exagerate them or construct what he calls truth...

The problem with Moore is not that he bashed only Bush, he bashed America as a whole, and people acknowledged his stance of "Americans are stupid" by supporting him when he insulted most Americans, and his fans in general, calling you all stupid, conmen and a whole list of other insults.

But hey, if you guys like to compliment a man that is not only insulting those victims of 9/11, but every one of you also, and you like to make him rich for insulting you, exagerating facts and constructing outright lies...more power to you I guess... But that's not me, I tell it like i see it. I don't praise a man that is out to insult me or the people who died in 9/11. He is out to make money in any way possible, and he doesn't give a rat's butt about the "working class," or who he has to insult to make the money either.

" Knave: Michael Moore, for his despicable assault on America's icons of the war against terrorism, the heroes of Flight 93.
We may never know who, or how many, they saved there � high above America aboard a hijacked airliner on September 11. But we will always remember what they did there. We can never forget the heroics of Jeremy Glick, Edward Felt, Mark Bingham, Todd Beamer and the rest of passengers, who died while attempting to wrest control of the plane from their captors."

Excerpted from.
www.celiberal.com...

" Michael Moore continues to have unkind words for his fellow countrymen. On his international book tour, the author of �Dude, Where�s My Country?� was asked what he thought of Americans. �They are possibly the dumbest people on the planet ... in thrall to conniving, thieving, smug pricks,� "

Excerpted from.
www.celiberal.com...

And there are some members who think he doesn't hate the US in general...

"According to Detroit Free Press film critic Terry Lawson, Moore�s first documentary, "Roger and Me" featured manipulated facts and the breaking of established documentary rules.

Then there�s his "documentary," "Bowling for Columbine."

Documentary might not be the best word for this manipulative piece of cinematic celluloid. "Fictitious," Moore�s current term of choice, would be more accurate."

" And Moore�s anti-gun fervor also trumps the facts. He stages an event at North Country Bank and Trust in Michigan�s Traverse City, claiming that opening an account would entitle one to walk out of the bank with a gun in hand. The film shows him doing just that. But the key word is "staged." In reality, the bank does not provide guns for opening accounts, and you can�t walk in or out of the bank with one�unless you�re a security guard employed by the bank. The gun is one of several "giveaways" that can be chosen by customers in exchange for opening a CD account. In order to qualify for the gun, customers must open a 3-year CD with at least $5,000 and then must pass a background check for the gun, which can only be picked up at a licensed gun dealer."

Excerpted from.
www.politicalusa.com...

" Michael Moore - Live! ran for two months to packed houses and was extremely well received by audiences - except for his second-last show, in which he carried out a Hollywood-size strop on stage, laying into everyone involved with the show and complaining that he was only being paid �500 per night. "He completely lost the plot and went mental," a stage crew member revealed to the Evening Standard. "He stormed around all day shouting and screaming at everyone, telling them what a #ty venue it was and how we were all con-men and useless. Then he went on stage and did it in public." So bad was his ranting that the following night the staff refused to work, and the show was held up over an hour, while he desperately negotiated. "

Excerpted from.
www.gq-magazine.co.uk...

But hey, if there are still people out there that like to pay Moore for insulting them.... I will do it for less money if they want....

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
No response from the Moore lovers....humm.....................
I guess they can't deny he is a jerk, but still they love him for insulting them....

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
when you make a documentary as controversial and high profile as moore's, you get people crawling out of the woodwork to make allegations against you. some may be justified, but others frivolous. if i were moore, and had the money to do it, i would make damn sure i was protected against unjustly brought suits. and of course it doesn't hurt to be protected from the just ones. i don't really see what's so shocking or hypocritical about his hiring lawyers.

in response to another post, spare me the 'moore insults americans' ____, because guess what? i'm american and he doesn't insult me.

-koji K.

[edit on 29-6-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
You mean a mockumentary, Moore doesn't make documentaries.

There is a difference between the two.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
good tactic.

-koji K.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Most interesting is Moore's assertion that Bush (and about everyone else who isn's a Democrat) is lying about the war, the economy, etc., etc.

And then he makes this movie filled with untruths, half-truths and misrepresentations. Most movie chain theater owners didn't want their theaters to carry the film not because it was critical of the President but because so much of his "truths" were just untruthful.

So who's lying? Most documentaries with a political agenda admitted misrepresent the facts, but I know of none other than Moore who presented complete falsehoods to get their point across.

www.onealclan.com

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
www.rightnation.us...

Here is a list of just some of the stupid things Michael Moore has said. Anyone who believes this idiot should educate themselves. Use this
site to get started. Stop throwing your hard earned money at his
feet. He's laughing at everyone who pays money to see his trash.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I have yet to experience the film, but I have experienced 3+ years of the Bush Co. It seems Bush & Moore have a lot in common...

Maybe Moore could replace Cheney in the upcoming election and then have access to produce a real documentary about crockumentaries...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Nothing can be said against Moore without it turning into "Well, look what Bush did!". This has nothing to do with Bush or anyone else. This has to do with a book about Michael Moore which apparently gives facts that he either didn't give before or lied about. Who cares what Bush did in the context of this topic? If Moore is going to hold other people up as villains and criminals, he has to expect that at some point someone is going to take a look at him and publish something unflattering. He is zealously defended as being a warrior of truth against this administration, but that can't protect him from people gathering info about him and disseminating it to the public. Why is it a good thing for him to Tell the Truth about Bush, but a bad thing for anyone to look into HIS past and verify HIS information? Whether he's the darling of the anti-Bush camp or the devil of "traditional America", he's a public figure and will be investigated, researched and generally exposed just like everybody else who steps up to the spotlight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join