It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen suspended for riding horse to Hamilton-Wenham school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

A senior at Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School was suspended for two days last week after the 17-year-old dressed as a knight and took a three-minute tour on his family’s horse around the school. A friend who dressed as a squire and led the horse by the reins was given a one-day suspension and two hours community service.

"They told my son it's the equivalent of bringing in a loaded firearm to school" Ron DePaolis, the teenager's father said today in a telephone interview. But he "brought the spirit up of the student body. The kids need that, a little boost in the morale."

Okay, so a kid takes the time to dress up and ride a horse around his school. What a thing to be suspended for! His peers will probably remember this for years to come.

It's hilariously stupid that the officials compare the horse to a gun. Of course the overall culture of this country now describe guns as "anti-family" so I guess now horses will one day be anti-family as well. Good thing this country is so progressive...

edit on 11/1/2010 by Jessicamsa because: www.boston.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well to be fair, if someone spooked the horse it could've had a couple of serious repercussions.

Still, this is random as hell either way.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Jeez, I remember when I use to ride a horse to school with my dad. Then again, I lived in an undeveloped part of Newfoundland. About 8 years ago, not that long.

I would quit the school if they wanted me suspended for that.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I wonder where the trigger is...I can guess where the barrel is

Seriously though- pretty sad times.

new topics

top topics

join