It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online Video Lectures - SETI and MIT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hello Everyone!
Seeing that this site is dedicated to educating oneself with good information, I thought it would be appropriate to pass along a couple of links to some online lectures that I have been addicted to watching.
The first is from the SETI Institute, and covers a wide variety of topics about exobiology and the search for ET's, all from a NASA, JPL, and SETI point of view. Very interesting planetary exploration topics and ideas presented here. The lectures are all about an hour long, and are a good way of getting up to date info on the search from many speakers.

SETI Lecture Series

The second link I would like to pass along is one from MIT. Its called MIT world and it covers almost every topic you can imagine MIT would be interested in. The cool thing about this lecture series is that MIT brings in Nobel Laureates, astronauts, and many other highly creditable and informed speakers for there lectures.

MIT World

I recomed starting with this lecture "The Black Hole at the Center of our Galaxy"
The speaker is Nobel Winner Charles H. Townes HM, and is fascinating to say the least.

Can anyone else pass along some sites that are similar in nature to the two I have just described.
Many Thanks ATS'ers

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SaganTool

Hi SaganTool.

About suggesting other similar sites, I would suggest this:
Go to any PBS (public broadcasting station?) and look at their programmation.
That will give you ideas of which "key words" to use in your researches with:
IXQUICK SEARCH.
us2.ixquick.com...

Blue skies.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Just to keep this topic going, I'll post different sites that I come across that provide a good selection of topics and speakers.

From place just down the street from me in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
The Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics Lecture Series

and

VideoLectures.net

new topics

join