It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phx. Fire Dept. responds to suspicious package

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Phx. Fire Dept. responds to suspicious package

www.ktar.com

PHOENIX - The Phoenix Fire Department and U.S. Postal Inspectors are examining an envelope with what is described as a suspicious powder. The letter was mailed to an Arizona Department of Economic Security Office in midtown Phoenix.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
More bizareness out of Az. I received this as a tip from one of my customers who has an office in the same building. Noone hurt (so far), includng the person who opened the package.

The "Department of Economic Security" would make it seem that this was a policitally motivated attack and not a war related attack, but that is just my initial opinion.

Sure seems to be a lot of "incidents" happening... wonder if they will all suddenly stop after the elections?

www.ktar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

From what my client tells me they only had to evacuate the 5th floor of the building.. so probably just the office that received the letter.
edit on 11-1-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hmm.. further review is interesting. This is the Az organization that handles things like unemployment and child support, etc. Kind makes me wonder if this is a "first strike" by some disgrunteled unemployeed person.

Again, though.. why is all of this happening in Az? Is there something in the water there?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Its most likely a disgruntled 99er who is about to lose unemployment checks. But I do agree that is may have something to do with the election. Also a small percentage could be a false flag to bring the people to ask for protection from government.

We shall see when more information comes out

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Hmm.. further review is interesting. This is the Az organization that handles things like unemployment and child support, etc. Kind makes me wonder if this is a "first strike" by some disgrunteled unemployeed person.

Again, though.. why is all of this happening in Az? Is there something in the water there?

These things happen fairly often to state offices, but they rarely make the news. I work in a simliar state office with similar cases, and we get daily threats. Several times per year we get actual visitors that have to be arrested. I have worked through 2 "white powder incidences" since I started here about 2 years ago. Luckily they were both handled at the mail distribution center and not the actual office, so we didn't get shut down.

It is a sad state of affairs when someone can shutdown an entire state government office with $1 worth of talcum powder and a $0.50 stamp!! Cost the tax payers $10s of $1000s just because you don't like the answer you got on a telephone call!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

" Again, though.. why is all of this happening in Az? Is there something in the water there? "

I would think it is because AZ is in the Forefront of Defending the States Rights to Govern themselves over the Unconstitutional Intrusion of the Federal Goverment in State Affairs . It also seems to go Way Beyond just the Illegal Immigration Controversy , and more than likely there is a Political Behind the Scenes War being waged between the two right now over other Unknown Issues .

new topics

top topics

join