It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Hole Opens up in German Town

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hi ~ATS,

I thought this was pretty cool. there seems to be alot (a fair bit) of this and other happenings going on with the planet at the moment. i reckon we're gonna need a seperate forum for it soon.lol.

A gaping hole 30 meters (98 feet) in diameter and 20 meters (65.6 feet) deep opened up in the eastern German town of Schmalkalden early on Monday morning. An empty vehicle plunged into it but no one was hurt, even though the chasm is in the middle of a residential area.

and nobody was hurt!! mental!- www.spiegel.de...

imagine meeting one of those on the way to work in the morn!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

These Sink-Holes have been happening a lot lately. I never even heard of one before the one in Guatamala opened up earlier this year.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
South america, china and now europe aswell this is becoming a world wide phenomenon: this mystery is getting very deep indeed.

hubpages.com...

Look at the top of the page too and see what this deep hole in guatemala is listed under in the menu system: places to see before they disappear. Ominous heading imo, do we really need rush see guatemala before its gone? how bad are these sink holes going to get i ask?
thanks for the heads up on this new sink hole.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Sinkholes certainly are nothing new and I am not entirely convinced they are happening at any faster rate really than ever, except maybe the ones caused by human activity. My suspicion that what is more common is news getting out across the world rather quickly, and there are a lot more people around to be affected by such things.

For example, here is an article on some artifacts that were found in a 15,000 year old sinkhole: abcnews.go.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
saw that today in the news..and was shocked...

i think we seen alot of these holes last monthes/years...

seems weird but maybe theres a connection to all the vulcanic eruptions?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

I think we agree that sink holes are a natural phenomenon and that they do happen, however, these seem to be coming up of a very similar size to each other and seem to be very sheer and deep, I would like to know if any geologists can confirm that this is (or is not) more troubling than usual sink hole activity.

I do think there have been more reports this year than Ive ever heard of before, and weve had global media a while now, the zapatistas were rincing the net out a while back now, so although i take this comment about increased media output as a possibility im still curious...
and like i say uniformity of size from pics makes them stand out as being 'unusual' imo. geologists?
edit on 1-11-2010 by Lagrimas because: spelling

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
can't get this one to load, but from the ones I've seen "War of the worlds" jumps out at me lol

I do believe this is a natural phenomenon and this kind of news given today's technology would most certainly be on the rise, camera photos, internet, etc. the holes that I have seen no one was hurt and it is almost a perfect bore straight down. Now I'm no expert on drilling or sink holes but how would it form such a perfect circle, do sink holes happen in predictable patterns?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If you consider the amount of oil, water and natural gas that we take from the subsurface, it is is a wonder the entire surface doesn't cave in to those cavities.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Most of these sink holes, you will notice, are right in the middle of or adjacent to paved streets. This is because right underneath or adjacent to streets are drainage ditches/pipes. These drainage ditches, if they begin to leak, can cause erosion underneath the streets. The streets channel a lot of water into these ditches/pipes. Over time, these small holes can develop huge cavities underneath the streets.

What you see here is the inevitable result of such problems. It really depends on the soil, rain amounts, and storm collection system designs, and how often they are checked for leaks.

I'm surprised that no company has developed a radar system that can penetrate the first 200 ft of earth to detect these developing chasms. They can x-ray your house now, but can't be bothered to check for real dangers under the streets.

Case in point: Look at this photo from the German sink hole, notice anything right BEFORE the hole?

edit on 1-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: image link

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
they do seem to be happening more often at the minute, even when you take technology into account i reckon.

i wasn't just thinking sink holes, what about the cracks opening up and chuncks of land rising up too.

i wonder if they are connected to volcanic activity?.. i suppose thry are, its all going on underground.lol.

i can't help but think this is all pointing to the earth getting ready to move its crust.. a pole change if you will.

thanks for the news piece pimpish(wicked name: )

"uniformity of size from pics makes them stand out as being 'unusual' imo. geologists?" i second that!

you think if we're having these things going on now.., which are pretty immense in their own right.. the mind boggles at what could be going on in a couple of years time!!

bring on the war of the worlds... so long as wer have some alien dudes on our side with plenty of technology

i've often thought about what effect taking all the oil and what not out of the ground is having on the earth!! is oil being continually produced??

c'mon harrytuttle, if they checked for real dangers, they might save some people.. thats just asking too much isn't it

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

i'm really not sure if you can put these things down to pipes leaking?

the amount of leaking pipes we've got in the uk, we should be sink hole capital of the world
... if i've jinxed myself now... will not be happy!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

i bet its the aliens trying to make concrete circles. LOL

edit on 1-11-2010 by HAMMERAX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Most of these sink holes, you will notice, are right in the middle of or adjacent to paved streets. This is because right underneath or adjacent to streets are drainage ditches/pipes. These drainage ditches, if they begin to leak, can cause erosion underneath the streets. The streets channel a lot of water into these ditches/pipes. Over time, these small holes can develop huge cavities underneath the streets.

What you see here is the inevitable result of such problems. It really depends on the soil, rain amounts, and storm collection system designs, and how often they are checked for leaks.

I'm surprised that no company has developed a radar system that can penetrate the first 200 ft of earth to detect these developing chasms. They can x-ray your house now, but can't be bothered to check for real dangers under the streets.

Case in point: Look at this photo from the German sink hole, notice anything right BEFORE the hole?

edit on 1-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: image link

maybe a case of local councils not maintaining infrastructure due to $$$. out of sight, out of mind.
cracked stormwater pipes under roads, water flushing the dirt out = hole.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
i tell ya since i started seeing holes popping up in florida in south america and other places it would have to be oil and other deposits being sucked out at a record pace its a shame they really havent looked into this phenomena further

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Who knows. They're probably test firing lasers from space, heh.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
LOL, what a sink hole! Check out this picture... there must have been a tree there too. It looks like a hammock laying on the ground.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by thefulleffect

I do believe that the massive amount of oil extracted from the earth's crust could definitely be part of this. I don't think it caused this sinkhole, however. Indeed strange...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodeRed3D
LOL, what a sink hole! Check out this picture... there must have been a tree there too. It looks like a hammock laying on the ground.

the earth is falling! the earth is falling!...lol

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY
Hi ~ATS,

I thought this was pretty cool. there seems to be alot (a fair bit) of this and other happenings going on with the planet at the moment. i reckon we're gonna need a seperate forum for it soon.lol.

A gaping hole 30 meters (98 feet) in diameter and 20 meters (65.6 feet) deep opened up in the eastern German town of Schmalkalden early on Monday morning. An empty vehicle plunged into it but no one was hurt, even though the chasm is in the middle of a residential area.

and nobody was hurt!! mental!- www.spiegel.de...

imagine meeting one of those on the way to work in the morn!

Sinkholes are way common. When ever you hear about one look for limestone and ground water in the area. If you find some you may be assured that is nothing out of the ordinary.

tt

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Am not sure if anyone posted this yet, But could it have something to do with The Agency?

portalreport.webs.com...

It was a while back when thread was made. Just a thought anyways.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join