It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm here because of my "dead" uncle.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

Sigh...

Let's try and make this a little clearer based on one simple fact:

No Government agency would write in a letter that someone was missing due to a "top secret experiment"

Why is this so hard?
edit on 3/11/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hi guys,

I am a long time lurker and I just stumbled onto this old thread so my apologies for this very late reply.

This was a great read and I can't believe some of you want it deleted. I know I am late to this party but I do not believe this can be ruled as a hoax by the OP. The thing that really bothers me: why would he provide the email message headers if it was going to reveal him to be the hoaxer? How could any so-called hacker make a mistake like that? Is he just a rookie prankster learning the ropes here?

I am thinking Daniel got hoaxed by the person whom you traced thru the email message headers. Right off to bat he says this very well may be a hoax and he wants you guys to prove it one way or another to help him understand what is going on. He cooperated every step of the way until a bunch of people ridiculed him when it was determined that the images were rendered in that software you guys found.

So maybe you provided him with the answers he needed and he left quietly? Please kindly explain to me why a hoaxer would provide email headers if it was going to trace back to him? Couldn't he have disguised the info better before pasting it here so it didn't track to a youtube account?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arshinkoff
nice work tony j, a resourcefull man you are.
and to the op, you really deserve to loose your uncle, you really do.
I'm curious is there any law officers on this website that can give this guy some advice when it comes to hoaxing a missing persons report?I believe this person needs to be advised on what can happen to him if he continues to do this type of thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Arshinkoff

thank you.
I do my best.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by abradley123

He simply thought he couldn't get cought out as the hoaxster. And he was too giving, too fast of things asked of him because he had it prepared in advance (the things he could think of that is).

And he was ridiculed becuase of his rediculas statements that his aunt and him didn't know if all of this was real or a hoax. And as I have said over and over... you ring nasa and ask them if the letter is real. If the letter isn't real, Call the police. He has ran off now, not because of the ridicule, but because he has been found out as the weird little liar that he is.

Also, to make the point of someone else earlier up the thread... he can't be too bothered about his dead/missing uncle, because he is commenting on other threads about completely different subjects. Yeah, sounds to me like someone who "loves my uncle" and wants to find him and figure out what's going on.

Gimme a break.
edit on 3-11-2010 by Neutradol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neutradol

And as I have said over and over... you ring nasa and ask them if the letter is real.

As I suggested, if this letter was written by the hand (type) of the Director himself, ringing up NASA would show that it wasn't sent out. Also, do you really think anyone there has the time to look it up? If you do, you do not know bureaucrats.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia

Originally posted by Neutradol

And as I have said over and over... you ring nasa and ask them if the letter is real.

As I suggested, if this letter was written by the hand (type) of the Director himself, ringing up NASA would show that it wasn't sent out. Also, do you really think anyone there has the time to look it up? If you do, you do not know bureaucrats.

They sure as hell would look it up if you told them you have recieved a letter from them saying your relative has died and you have reason to believe it is false. Also, even just asking them if the name of the employee (Joe Schmoe) has died and provide proof of identity, they should be able to tell you pretty much off the bat if they died or not or even if they had them in their employ in the first place.

They haven't even thought of calling the police to report him missing or report the hoax emails and photo's and letters they got? Weird why they never though of that.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Neutradol

Whoa! So this isn't an old thread... I got confused by the dating, I am used to month-day-year not day-month-year

Anyhow, I am convinced this is a hoax I am just not convinced who is doing the hoaxing to whom. Have we ruled out that Daniel is being hoaxed by someone else and if so what is the evidence supporting it?

I am also interested in this whole Randy Quaid fiasco and whether that is a hoax on his part to dodge the law here in the U.S. or if he really is being ripped off by his accountant/lawyers etc. Can someone direct me to the primary thread on that topic, when I searched it I came up with a bunch of similiar results....

THANKS!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

Quote from you: Who makes this 3D software? Is it associated with Delta Com? Maybe we're overlooking the message they are supposed to send?

Eon make the software, they are a French company associated with the need to make money from selling good art software.

Quote from you: -As for those who say the OP is a known designer, if that's the case, I don't think, in view of the quality of that person's work that they would be able to create such poor quality frauds. It probably wouldn't even occur to them to use a pic that can be made in 2 minutes. It's highly unlikely anyway.

with all due respect I suggest you rethink this line of reasoning. With software like Vue you can just press a few buttons and create images such as the OP's. It takes no skill. It takes no expertese. It would occur to a 'known designer' to make a decent job of the images. The OP is not a 'known designer.' The OP is just a kid who's playing around with a demo of Vue when he should be doing his school homework.
The OP is just a kid playing around. That's all he is.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I can't believe this thread is still going. I haven't been back after my first reply on the first page. I was 99.9% sure this was all fake. Anyway, I didn't see the NASA letter until now. Now I'm 100% sure this is all fake, lol. No one addresses a letter like this with "Dear Daniel" It would be "Dear Mr. Whoever"

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tonyJ

Yes, vue can make some great looking landscapes by using just the default setting. It is not hard at all. People that know what they are doing with it however, can make astounding pictures, way better than what was posted here. I am a carrara guy myself, I can't afford a top notch computer, render farm, and one of the top dog programs right now. Have to make due with what I can.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

yes indeed. It's amazing how easily fooled people can be by such simple things. The OP's photo's just screamed 'Vue render' at me the second I saw them. Many 3d packages have a characteristic feel to the renders they produce.
I myself obviously have Vue, also Lightwave, Modo and Cinema 4D XL, photoshop and Painter X.
In fact not many people know ths but if you buy the top version of photoshop from Adobe systems some of my artwork ships with it on the example disk.
It's all too obvious if you have eyes to see isn't it...
edit on 3-11-2010 by tonyJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

hey bradley,

it is easily provable that the OP is the one hoaxing. however, i'm unwilling to give more details as the OP will see these and will know better next time. which is a bad thing for the ones he hoaxes (US).

so no way am i encouraging such kids into becoming better hoaxers, but I can assure you that he IS the hoaxer, take it from someone who has been working for quite some time in the area of distant investigation of "risk" groups and people, and know my way around forged documents, IDs, CCs, analytical thinking, and the use of many features the Internet provides us with, but not many are aware of. it actually took me only a look at the info present in the thread and ten minutes of research to reach this conclusion, so definately not a clever hoaxer

there is no Daniel and never was.

cheers

edit - please, mods, I don't understand what leads you to think there's a chance this is not a hoax so why keeping it here...
edit on 3-11-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

edit on 3-11-2010 by Neutradol because: Wrong board

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FrodoBaggins

The new pictures uploaded have different tags.. (sorry if someone has mentioned this before)

edit on 3-11-2010 by Sanjaya because: misspell

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think this thread has been pretty much blown out of the water, I'm also unsure as to why it's still being kept here, surely it should be moved to the Hoax forum?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

While it's not exactly a good thing to try and hoax people I commend your honesty in the sense that you have come clean and also you have highlighted the gullibility of the majority of posters that have followed this thread.

I bet the guys who believed this are feeling stupid right now and the ones who disbelieved it are sitting with a smug look on their faces.

Normally I'd be angry but I think you have pointed out a valuable lesson, one that a lot of people here need to learn and with that in mind I find myself telling you well done.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Why, I oughtta put you over my knee!

People here try to be nice and helpful to newbies, especially ones claiming distress.
They give the benefit of the doubt, that's all you really got. Most had you pegged.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Don't take too much credit about succeeding in fooling people - what you did here is you've shown there are a lot of people in this forum that are easily fooled because they don't tend to make their own research before chosing a side of the coin. And frankly, this was widely known and obvious before your "heroic" appearance on ATS.

What you found out is that you can fool people. Most of us can fool others and it's as easy as piece of pie. For different reasons. Yours? Ego.

So, no, I'm not going to feed the ego of a hoaxer, and your presence here sir, was a waste of time. Both yours, and the ones you fooled. The problem is that some may have better things to do with their free time, unlike yourself. Thank god for the fact I myself have rational thinking and am using it so I didn't get caught up in all of this.

Bottom line - don't fool people and then pretend to be cool about it. Remember that not only your 20 minute hoax was debunked, but you were easily backtracked for less than 10 minutes to a point where you could easily face consequences, in case someone takes the time to "play" with you, the same way you were playing. I would think again next time, before doing useless things and fooling around with people.

Cheers... or maybe not.
edit on 3-11-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: add

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join