It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm here because of my "dead" uncle.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hi. I'm Daniel. I came here, because I'm officially freaked out.

A few years ago, my uncle disappeared. Or at least, that's what NASA told me. He worked there. I'm not sure as what. I just woke up one morning to read the mail, and there was a letter, allegedly from NASA. It said that my uncle was lost in a top secret experiment. And, yes, they literally used the words "top secret experiment". They weren't very specific at all. I thought he was dead, but my poor aunt kept hope that he had just disappeared.

Then yesterday, everything changed. I got an email from my uncle! His old account! Here's what he said.

"Daniel, it's your uncle. I know this will shock you, but an accident hapened but I'm fine now. They don't know where i am. noone does, and i wish I could tell you where i am, but i'm not sure either. In any case, i have some pictures. Please watch out for DeltaCOm. They're no good, and they want to take over the world.

I love you, and I love your aunt. Please tell her. i hope everything will be okay"

That's all. I'm totally weirded out now, and I don't know what to think. He included two pictures.

This:

And this one:

None of this makes sense to me. I want to find him, and I want to find out what's going on. I have a feeling you are the only one's that I can get the real scoop from.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Admin Edit: Member admitted to hoaxing this story here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11/3/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
hmmm odd.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My suggestion is to make more than 1 post before starting a thread like this.

And yes DeltaCOM can be some bad mo-fos!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My first thought is that I don't believe you. Can you even send email from outer space?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
well considering even he does not know where he is it is pretty convenient for him to have access to E-mail especially if the pictures he sent you were of his current location...

in any case..

Welcome Aboard.

may your stay here be as enlightening as it is entertaining.

~meathead

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Lovely photos.

WTATS

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Interesting. Most interesting.

I would recommend you do the following, in order for the ATS community to help you:
*scan the letter you recieved, upload it to the ATS database, and add it here so we can see it. This will help us determine the validity of your claims.
*if you are comfortable, tell us the name of your former deceased uncle. We can run background checks to see if he appears in any newspaper articles about him going missing, or on any government worker databases.

Sorry if I seem skeptical, it's just that we seem to attract "hoaxers" at ATS every other day, so I try to wade through the hoaxes to find the pure, honest people.

I really am interested in this, I hope we can get to the bottom of it quickly!

As for the pictures: I have no idea. Quite strange, actually.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Did you reply back to the email? Does your aunt know anything about what he did at NASA? Does she know any of his co-workers? Who is DeltaCom? Is this for real?

link   
I really like the idea that this could be true, its far out whack conspiracy stuff, but yer im with the peeps above, sending e mail from space or where ever hes gone in this experiment (it certainly looks like abroad from the photos lol and i dont mean crete either) Im struggling to understand how this would work. They dont know where he is but hes on yahoo? and i cant see a star bucks with free wifi in the pics either... did he take his i phone with him? We're going to need more info if we are going to save your unkle from nasa dude... hoax? If it really is true though your in the right place, we all care about these matters and we would all help to uncover this mystery if it is indeed true. good luck with the mission.
edit on 1-11-2010 by Lagrimas because: spelling error

edit on 1-11-2010 by Lagrimas because: addition

edit on 1-11-2010 by Lagrimas because: second addition

link   

Originally posted by Sportbominable
My first thought is that I don't believe you. Can you even send email from outer space?

Maybe he is back from where ever he took those pictures from? Just a thought... I have never seen pictures like this before..

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Any chance he CCed NASA in so they can find him? Does he want to be found by him? Did you reply to his email???

Dont do it, it's a tricky trap!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Did you check the Tags on the photos? Who knows what data is stamped on thoose guys. My guess though is PS.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Man since this involves your family I wont take any guessess or remote evaluations outta passion for your family. It is a strang pic of what he has shown and I dont know how much gear he has but since he cannot notice any known star and planet locations I feel he is out of our solar system. I hope he got food and water unless he was converted during the transmission and doesnt need them. Otherwise OP keep us posted and best wishes friend. Damn...... NASA does it like that?
PEACE and GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Maybe they are pictures that he discovered and managed to keep before being 'knocked off' by NASA. They are no necessarily where he is at the moment.....

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tuprac

Originally posted by Sportbominable

Maybe he is back from where ever he took those pictures from? Just a thought... I have never seen pictures like this before..

Maybe. I've never seen pictures like this before either.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
They are both photoshop,

and the date the larger one is from 8/29/2010 and the smaller image with the disk shaped thing in the sky is dated today...

PS could have been used to crop, so can't say 100% about it....

Curious, one is dated this past august and the other is today's date.... that right there makes the whole situation suspect....
edit on 1-11-2010 by alienreality because: eta

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hello and Welcome to ATS. Most intriguing story and pics. I am so sorry to hear of your missing Uncle and do hope that you can get more information.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The pictures look a bit 'shopped IMO. Not sure why, but something is screaming it. (possibly the way the light off the "moon" fades out too sharply, not sure)

IF this story has any truth in it, (not likely, but...) OP has just dropped him/herself right in it with the NASA bods as they've just outed their Uncle, and themselves as hit targets

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

There also could be some time delay depending on how far away he his, how he is transmitting, how long he has ACTUALLY been gone (Space time is different than Earth time when traveling at great speeds). So many questions.. but I do find this to be amazing if true.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join