It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible creature caught on camera!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Late last night--maybe 3 or 4am EST, I clicked on a link embedded in an article to a BP camera in the GOM. I was watching the wormy critters swim about for a minute, when I saw something that made my jaw drop. I did not record it, but luckily, someone else did. Here is the video. Any idea what the heck this monster is??

ps having issues linking to the video, so I will just link this channel--the video in question is called *ALERT* "SYNTHIA" Is Working Overtime In The Gulf Of Mexico! 10-31-2010 *ALERT*

The vid is 14:53 in length and the creature is visible within the first 10-15 seconds.

www.youtube.com.../u/0/1RKuhq3YWNA

edit on 1-11-2010 by erumisato because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

All I see is some tiny plankton type stuff, nothing incredible at all just the standard stuff you see on a camera deep under water, the droning voice over made sure I didn't watch listen to it properly.
Sorry but I can't see an incredible creature here.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
What time should i skip to?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Ditto. Watched through and saw nothing to drop my Jaw...
What are we supposed to be looking for?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well that was a waste of 14 minutes of my life.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thank you for this post.

I don't see anything either. I only watched the first 5 minutes. It would be great if I knew where I supposed to skip to, to see the creature.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by fasteronfire

It's the video on the right side..

"synthia" is working overtime....
edit on 1-11-2010 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I think the problem is that the video link was to the channel and not the video.. thus when they put up a new video, the link was wrong. Perhaps this one?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Make sure that you are looking at the right video. It's 14:53 in length, and the creature is visible in the first 15-20 seconds.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Yes!! Thanks!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Yea I just saw this video. So creepy. Can you imagine getting ready to drink a glass of water only to find some mutated worm plankton swimming around in it. I don't know exactly where this is heading, but I don't see how releasing synthetic self-replicating organisms into the ocean can be a good thing...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

i think thats the video you are talking about, theres a snake like creature, kinda like a chain of jellyfish, i dont know if thats what you saw

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Strange creature - hope it can be identified! Thanks!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
...looks like an octapus tentacle... hard to tell how big it is though...
...interesting - thx...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I don't think it's mutated or a worm. Deep-sea creatures are more bizarre than anything anyone could dream up. They are fascinating! I watch as much video of deep-sea exploration as I can, and knew I had seen something similar. It took a minute to look it up, but I think what is shown is a "animal", a "colonial jelly" or more precisely a type of syphonophore. Most are bioluminescent, and they are individual creatures that gather and act as if they are cells of a much larger total "animal". They are thought to be the longest creature on the planet. I hate trying to post a pictures....here's a try at posting what looks to be a near-relative of the creature shown. Ugh, it's a link. More pictures using Google>siphonophores>images.

I also took the time to watch a few of the other videos at that channel. Much of the videos are ______(whatever word that makes you see faces in random unfamiliar patterns). Most are nothing out of the ordinary, seen by someone who probably should spend less time looking at videos.
edit on 1-11-2010 by stars15k because: sp

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

this is a good example of what I was thinking... Just couldn't recall the name.

edit on 11-1-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
OP, like others I wound up watching the wrong video first (thanks Roger for putting the right one up) but did actually see something quite frightening on the "wrong" video. Obviously there is more than we are being told or why would there be a cam titled "chemical injection ops" what... 2 months after the well was completely capped?

Stars, really appreciate the link to the picture of that unusual creature/creatures. Certainly does look similar but, in the "right" video he keeps saying the footage is closer to the surface. Wouldn't those luminous creatures be more of a DEEP sea phenomenon?

Maybe they're being forced to the surface because of the chemical injections.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I think it is a very large squid who was unfortunate enough to be caught up in one of BP's explosions. The sanke like things are either sea snakes caught up in it, or part of the squid which was blown up. There are explosions on a regular basis.....and that is what is scary. I see oil blobs in this video as well. The strange thing is how shallow the depth is! Less than 500 feet. BP has just moved a new drilling rig to the Macondo area and there is something going on. check this out. bklim.newsvine.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

There are siphonophores below mid-level sea as well. Like most bioluminescent aquatic life, anywhere there is very little to no light.
They are seen going down to depth, not only at the bottom.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Go to sixth video on right and watch first minute.

It could be:
giant eel
rope
oil covered rope
corexit mixed with oil
christmas lights
sea serpent

I don't think a bioluminescent ocean animal that big would be only 450 feet below the surface. Not to mention the ROVOTs have lights in front of them.

I remember on the same day when DD2 I cant remember which, was looking at BOP base when some large shadow on the casing originated from some unseen thing passing by i don't know what it was i can't record due to the fact that the BP feeds won't let me exit Firefox or use the taskbar after a few minutes unless task manager is used. There was no ROVOT nearby meaning no Remotely Operated Vehicle On Task was nearby or seen.
edit on 11/3/2010 by Nogard2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/3/2010 by Nogard2012 because: saw something on11-1

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join