It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BMG; Is it worth it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
so every so often (once or twice a month) in the mail i get these things from the BMG Music Service saying i can get 12 CDs for the price of one. i was wondering what are other people's opinions on this service? is it a scam, or should i just give in and get some CDs?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I never tried it myself, my brother does it. I still think its a scam, you don't pay 50 cents for every CD, just for the first ones. They cost about 14 bucks once you join.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
I never tried it myself, my brother does it. I still think its a scam, you don't pay 50 cents for every CD, just for the first ones. They cost about 14 bucks once you join.

ah, that's kind of a rip. this does say though that if i do this that i'll have "nothing more to buy, ever." so maybe i could get some dirt cheap CDs and then just trash whatever else i get from them in the mail? i donno though. i'll wait for some more testimonials.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's definitley worth it if you like music and buy cd's.

here's how it works.

yes, you get 12 cd's for the price of one.

go to thier website :

bmgmusicservice.com

pick 7 free cd's. all you pay is shipping and handling $2.49 each.
that comes to $17.43

Once you've paid the shipping and handling on those and ordered your first cd at regular price, $14 - 17, more for double sets. etc.

then you get to order 4 more and only pay shipping and handling on them which is $ 9.96,

so you've paid roughly $45.00 for 12 cd's. that's an average of $3.75 each.

nothing more to buy. You only order more if you want to and they have some good sales from time to time.

sometimes, unlimited for $2.99 or $3.99 or buy one get two free.. etc.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Thanks, for clreaing some stuff out for me.

How do you quit the whole thing though?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
yeah, thanks for the info elevatedone. it does really sound worth it now...

but jedi brings up a good point. how DO you quit? one of my friends said he tried it and they kept sending him crap upon crap upon crap when he stopped buying CDs.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
That sounds like the Reader's Digest. I have it on good authority that they were still sending magazines to my Dad's friend a year after he died. :shk:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
how do you quit, hmmm I don't remember.

I think that I called them up or did it on thier website the first time around.

Yes, they still sent some info from time to time, trying to get me back, finally I joined again when I got 12 for the price of one again plus, 3 extra free for being a previous member.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
heh, they used to do COD's, I had a little fun with that. I ordered them and wasn't going to pay, untill I got some "letters". I ended up sending them back :-/

anyways, I remeber the bill was something like $22. Thats about the price of a CD at borders, so it doesn't seem to be a rip off.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
/cough bit torrent, fall back into the shadows.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
hey CMDR..... did you join BMG yet ?

I'm browsing thier site right now... want to add a few to my collection..

top topics

join