It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even ANTS Won't Touch This Stuff.....Yet Humans Give It To Kids Daily- To Be Healthy!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Again, you missed the point. Do you not see how it relates to this thread?

Carry on then.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Stop arguing you guys. Contribute something meaningful please or leave the thread. You're wasting other's reading time.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
My point is you can often find conflicting claims about what any chemical can cause on the internet. Anything written to be sensational will be sensational. Just because you've read word associations on the internet doesn't mean a chemical is necessarily dangerous. I really don't think it is dangerous as certain people would try to make it out to seem.

We often see this here as "McDonalds conspiring to kill people with artificial food" type postings.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Again, you missed the point. Do you not see how it relates to this thread?

Carry on then.
I see he elucidates above.
edit on 1-11-2010 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5senses
Stop arguing you guys. Contribute something meaningful please or leave the thread. You're wasting other's reading time.

I have just contributed by pointing out that someone is trying to make anyone who takes the bait look like an idiot.

I short-cut the process by about a page of nonsense.

You're welcome.

Artificial sweetners - if you'd all like to use something that is similar to these without being one of these products, you could try and use Stevia. It also has that odd after-taste, and is not sugar.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Attention!

ANY more insults/off-topic posts will immediatly result in a posting ban of at least 3 days.

Keep to the topic or move on to the next thread.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

edit on 1-11-2010 by zerbot565 because: dp

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
they did that same test on finnish national tv a while back ,

poured diet lemonade on an ant infestation and they died later the same day,
the professor later concluded that they died from nerv damage
but
in small amounts humans could digest it ,

beats me , all i know is that if you suffer wood alcohol poisoning you fight it with drinkable alcohol..

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
they did that same test on finnish national tv a while back ,

poured diet lemonade on an ant infestation and they died later the same day,
the professor later concluded that they died from nerv damage
but
in small amounts humans could digest it ,

beats me , all i know is that if you suffer wood alcohol poisoning you fight it with drinkable alcohol..

Thank you! It would be nice to see that video or an article about the diet drink and dead ants. Let me go google that! Couldn't find it. Usually I am proficient in googling, I was sure I would locate it.

edit on 1-11-2010 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Problems with this particular substance doesn't seem to be apparent in all humans.

People who are very much pro-sugar-substitutes are often people who are not able to consume some sugars. These people already have a compromised system and an abnormal interaction with sugars.

Ignoring or gas-lighting people who have been claiming problems with sugar substitutes has been the mode of operation for many years now.

Yet, annoyingly, some people continue to have bad reactions and talk about them.

And yes, people do have varied reactions to many substances. Some people react to certain substances differently than others. People can react badly to many natural substances - let alone man-made ones.

Apparently, we should just make fun of those people and try and shout them down. I suggest we use this technique with peanuts too. Not being able to send peanut and banana sandwiches to school is really annoying.

I do all that I can to avoid consuming this type of product, and I do so for good reason.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

It's really important not to confuse cause with correlation. The picture in the OP shows an overweight child holding a diet soda, implicating diet soda as the cause; however, the observer doesn't know if the little girl has ALWAYS been drinking diet soda. In fact, it's more likely that the child became obese drinking regular sodas and then began drinking diet sodas subsequently.

Diet soda consumption is correlated with obese people....that doesn't mean diet soda causes obesity.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You are correct.

A dumb parent who allows a preschooler to drink a liter of pop is the probable culprit. Perhaps one of the ones who puts pop in their toddlers bottle, and juice in the bottle for a 6 month old.

Seeing a preschooler who is over-weight and carrying a bottle of pop should instead point to parents who make bad decisions.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

This leaves it up to us, ATS, to conduct the experiment. I will get some Ants and Aspartame and post the video.

Any other volunteers welcomed. the more times tried, the better.
edit on 1-11-2010 by gandhi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I'm game!

At any decent coffee station you can get Splenda, Saccharin, Aspartame, and Sugar.......walk out to the sidewalk, put out a packet of each near an ant line and film with your cell phone! Easiest experiment ever, and FREE!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
That sounds like a great idea, but I would feel awful if I killed any ants.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

LOL! You aren't "killing" them, you are just putting down some FDA approved "food" and it is their choice whether or not to eat it.

If it turns out to be poison, I will raid all the coffee shops and get a bunch of free ant-killer for my yard!!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
So, if we continue on with the hypothesis of this thread, even though the facts are false, that all living things on Earth have exactly the same reaction to 'toxic' substances, that must mean chocolate, which is toxic to felines & canines, is also toxic to humans. Is it? There are many other human safe foods that are also toxic to cats & dogs (Link to article.).

Please people, deny ignorance. Threads like this, especially when based on false information to push an agenda, can only hurt ATS.

Thanks for bringing your critical thinking cap to the table. I've never jumped on the bandwagon for the whole "sweetener is evil" bit. Though maybe that's because I see absolutely zero correlation between the horror stories I read and those that surround me that use tons of the stuff--including myself.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
And I can drink a boat load of coffee, and go to sleep. But my co-worker can't drink more than a half a cup and certainly not after noon without being up all night.

Everyone is unique. Until they are different than you. Then they just must be wrong.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I suppose that one can find a POV to support whichever "reality" or "truth" they wish to support. Study after study after study ... nothing substantial and all containing bits and pieces of the whole. I've given up relying on studies with regards to making decisions in food/health/nutrition, etc. My choices are very simple: Can I find this in nature and if I can, can I consume it without alteration?

I would consume honey and raw sugar, but no sugar-substitute of any kind. I feel the same way about many things (ex: olive oil or real butter vs margarine) and on and on. Sweeteners can be found naturally through fruit juices and if somebody really needs to add sweetener to their morning oatmeal, take a moment to cut up some strawberries! Geesh. One's health is solely up to one's decisions. There is a good deal of personal control and accountability, here.
edit on 1-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I just typed in Aspartame side effects and it had a whole buch of sites that reported symptoms that are deadly. I know that it is used for people who are obese or are diabetic. It seems to me like sugar is safer than Aspartame though and people should't be eating and drinking too much of anything anyways. Who thinks diet coke helps you lose weight anyways it's basically a terrible tasting version of coke that apparently kills you in a different way. It seems though that everything we eat can kill us these days. Water has flouride, fast food has like a billion chemicals I can't pronouce, preservatives are in almost everything, bisphenol A is lined in most foods, even the produce and meats are genetically modified etc. Pretty soon kids will be born all deformed and mentally unstable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join