It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

latest from the Supremes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The three latest decisions

I haven�t done more than glance at them. They are a mixed bag for both sides.

RUMSFELD V. PADILLA

REHNQUIST, C. J., delivered the opinion of the Court, in which O�CONNOR, SCALIA, KENNEDY, and THOMAS, JJ., joined. KENNEDY, J., filed a concurring opinion, in which O�CONNOR, J., joined. STEVENS, J., filed a dissenting opinion, in which SOUTER, GINSBURG, and BREYER, JJ., joined.

HAMDI ET AL. v. RUMSFELD,

O�CONNOR, J., announced the judgment of the Court and delivered an opinion, in which REHNQUIST, C. J., and KENNEDY and BREYER, JJ., joined. SOUTER, J., filed an opinion concurring in part, dissenting in part, and concurring in the judgment, in which GINSBURG, J., joined. SCALIA, J., filed a dissenting opinion, in which STEVENS, J., joined. THOMAS, J., filed a dissenting opinion.

and
RASUL ET AL. v. BUSH
STEVENS, J., delivered the opinion of the Court, in which O�CONNOR, SOUTER, GINSBURG, and BREYER, JJ., joined. KENNEDY, J., filed an opinion concurring in the judgment. SCALIA, J., filed a dissenting opinion, in which REHNQUIST, C. J., and THOMAS, J., joined.

No surprise where Justice Scalia stood on these, also Thomas, who in my opinion, is the worst supreme court justice by far.

[edit on 28-6-2004 by HowardRoark]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
These Supremes are getting very depressing for me!!

new topics

join