It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it normal to call a group of fire fighters "it" as in "pull it" ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
My house is on fire, I better call it (fire fighters).
Hey, fire fighters, it's dangerous in there, we're gonna pull it (the fire fighters).
So, you married an it (fire fighter), is it cute?
Do its get paid well? Or do its do it mostly for the excitement?
I love sliding down the pole at the it station (fire fighter station).

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

even thou its not my native language id take
"it" in the "pull-it" means not the fire fighters but the enviroment they where in,

" it " being where they stand
and
" pull " where they where going

pull-it ?

go some where else,

heard mentality and bad linguistics ?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

keep reaching, see i we can set up some more straws

2nd line

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

even thou its not my native language id take
"it" in the "pull-it" means not the fire fighters but the enviroment they where in,

" it " being where they stand
and
" pull " where they where going

pull-it ?

go some where else,

heard mentality and bad linguistics ?

oh, so if me and my friends are at a club and the music is lame and there's no prospects I'd say "let's pull it" Cool, I get the lingo.

@ManBehindTheMask: um...what?
edit on 31-10-2010 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

are you trying to say see IF we can set up more straws, don't you think trying to say Silverstein meant the fire fighters when he said IT is grasping more so than my statement?
edit on 31-10-2010 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Human error, well atleast we know he's human.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Pull or Pull it comes from days before radios were in use (now everyone has a radio) - if conditions got too bad
and chief wanted crew out would have men jerk or pull on the hose lines into the building to signal them to get
out

Just had to be "pulled" two nights ago when 3 story house went up - Incident commanders ordered everyone
away from building to "surround and drown"

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

Pull or Pull it comes from days before radios were in use (now everyone has a radio) - if conditions got too bad
and chief wanted crew out would have men jerk or pull on the hose lines into the building to signal them to get
out

Just had to be "pulled" two nights ago when 3 story house went up - Incident commanders ordered everyone
away from building to "surround and drown"

Yes, but why would Silverstein have the power to pull the fire fighters? Shouldn't that order come from someone else, namely someone in the fire department or at least the state official, maybe even Giuliani, but Silverstein?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Yes, but why would Silverstein have the power to pull the fire fighters? Shouldn't that order come from someone else, namely someone in the fire department or at least the state official, maybe even Giuliani, but Silverstein?

Any fire officer that sees a major danger has the power to pull crews from the danger.

"state official, maybe even Giuliani." These people should never be in charge or even give orders Leave it to the trained professional firefighters.

It has to be this way as one high ranking office can not be every where and see every thing/danger.

The term "pull it" is based on the way they would pull on the hose or safety ropes of fire fighter to warn them to back out of a dangerous condition.

Its also used for clarity on the radio.

A lot of radio terms are for clarity.
on the radio NO, SLOW, and GO can sound the same in high noise areas.

In police Swat work the order to fire on a suspect is never FIRE as a bad pressing of the mic key on a radio can cut off the DON"T FIRE of a order. swat always tells a swat sniper they have a GREEN LIGHT to fire.

you have to know fire radio terms to understand orders on fire radios.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The 'pull it' claim of referring to pulling back the firefighters is just a weak argument by debunkers to cover up for the fact that Silverstein had pre-knowledge of building 7's controlled demolition. Talk about grasping at straws...
edit on 1-11-2010 by jambatrumpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

If you read what Silverstein said, he made it very clear that it was the NYPD who made the decision.

I remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, "We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it." And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse.

edit on 1-11-2010 by roboe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I always thought he was using "it" to mean the team of firefighters. Just my opinion but I never found what or how he said it to be odd at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

in different professions people develop their own speech to communicate with each other, next time you're around riggers pay attention how they communicate with each other, almost makes no sense. when youre talking over radios there can be interference or it could be hard to hear so you want to use as little words as possible and you dont want to use words that can be confused with other words such as GO GO GO and NO NO NO...

now does this apply to firefighters? i have no idea, but just something to keep in mind.
edit on 1-11-2010 by T0XiK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Haven't debunkers argued that the collapse of Building 7 was due to debris from the Towers falling on it and causing raging fires which could not be battled due to a lack of water supply in the area. So what exactly was being pulled (firefighters?, firefighting operation? hoses with no water?), since debunkers argue there was no firefighting operation?

Why did the Fire Commander tell Silverstein that they were unsure about being able to battle the fire when they supposedly had no water to do so? There is a video after one or both of the Towers collapse where a secret service agent is standing on top of the escalator within Building 7 saying the entire building has been evacuated. Again, where is this firefighting operation taking place which needs to be pulled?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

It wasn't Silverstein, but Daniel Nigro, acting chief of FDNY (Chief Peter Ganci been killed earlier in collapse of
North Tower) who ordered everyone away from WTC 7.

Silverstein was discussing (year later) what had happened anc conversation with Nigro who informed him thath
WTC 7 was being abandoned.

Conspiracy loons like to twist his words into some sort of plot

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

FF was searching debris pile of WTC 1 looking for any survivors in the wreckage (there were some people trapped)

Also were pouring water on burning WTC 6 using aerial ladders with water pumped from fire boats in Hudson
River

I Know the next stupid truther comment is "Well if they had water why not fight fires in WTC 7...."

Big difference in building size, WTC 6 was 8 stories which meant aerial ladders could reach all point from
OUTSIDE THE BUILDING - nobody was in the building. This operation is commonly called surround and drown

Place ladder trucks around building and flood with water if not to extinguish at least keep heat and flying
embers from igniting surrounding structures.

Trying to fight fires in WTC meant GOING INTO THE BUILDING, one which was structurally unstable (all those
creaking noises FF heard coming from WTC 7) . The standpipe system had been damaged meaning no water
to reach upper floors. Elevators were out of commision and stairways damaged, ever try to hump equipment
in a building wearing full gear?

FDNY incident commanders knew did not have resources to fight fire on such a scale with fires on multiple floors
in building with severe strucural damage to it and systems .

WTC 7 was 47 stories, some 610 feet tall, once determined that building was in danger of immenant collapse
set up collapse zone around it, Collapse zone is 1 1/2 times height of building aka 915 feet which encompassed
almost all of WTC complex. All men and equipment had to pulled back, trucks disconnecting hoses and
trying to get out of debris choked streets takes time

This is why fire fighting operations are left to experts not truthers......

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

Any fire officer that sees a major danger has the power to pull crews from the danger.

Larry Silverstein is not a fire officer, so my question still stands, why is he the one to say "pull it." I first off don't believe this refers to fire figthers as it is ridiculous to call fire fighters it. But even if you say "pull it" refers to "The Situation" then still why would Larry Silverstein be the one to say this? I have a guess but I'd rather you articulate it for me since I don't really believe it to begin with.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Conspiracy loons like to twist his words into some sort of plot

Just so you know, you could also be guilty of this charge.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Why couldn't the fire fighters put out the fires at building 7? The fires were not a raging inferno, no matter how much you try to convince me they were enough to weaken the steel, the pictures show it was not a raging inferno. So what was the problem? There was no water supply? Then if that were the case why would the fire fighters be in there in the first place? What would they be doing without water? Checking for the damage spots, maybe checking for people, but this happened 7 hours afterward, so they couldn't be checking for people. If there was no water supply, there'd be no reason for fire fighters to be in there.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Some of you truthers have to be the most dense people on the planet .

It has been proven time and again that "pull it" was in referrence to the operation , not the building . But , you guys will never face the truth . Claiming to be in search of the truth is the most blatant lie you could ever put forth .

Dozens upon dozens of your ridiculous theories have been disproven since I have been a member here but , you guys simply continue to repeat them as though it is the first time they have been espoused .

The fact is , if the operation hadn't been "pulled" , you guys would be setting here arguing that it was another conspiracy to not "pull it" , in order to kill subsequent firefighters .

You people are absolutely ridiculous . Period .

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The only "pulling" done at the WTC complex, was Buildings 5 and 6 I believe, with cables attached to excavators. They literally pulled the buildings down during clean up. I didnt see any bombs go off, or demo charges, or anything.

Did anyone see cables attached to WTC7 prior to collapse?

"Pull it" meant the firefighting operation. That is how I always interpreted that line, from the very beginning, to save the lives of the firefighters and get them away from the building before it collapses. I never thought for a second that he said to "blow it up". Unless someone wants to explain how they managed to rig up the explosives in such record time, in severe fire conditions, successfully without losing any lives, or premature detonations from the fires engulfing the building and the would be planted areas. I have never heard a single coherent idea of how they would done that, taking all things into consideration.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join