It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I do want to belive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
As the header stated I do want to belive, I so very much want to belive that UFO's are real ,that there is known and confirmed alien life outside our planet and that we are in contact with them in a peaceful way. I honestly feel as if that were proven to be true a great weight would be lifted from my shoulders. I look at the vids posted on the web, I read some of the literature and I even have a friend or two that not only share my interest in this subject but have proven usefull in insight and access to more than just casual information found on the web. I just feel that as close to on the 'verge" of disclosure we think is about to happen, the time will never come. That it will remain a constant imminent event that never arrives. I just wonder if anyone else feels like this or am I just an odd ball?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dreadphil

there seem to be more video evidence over recent years of ufos maybe because of more camera phones and cheaper digital cameras
www.youtube.com...
i think nasa or esa would be the best sources of facts but they don't comment why?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreadphil
I honestly feel as if that were proven to be true a great weight would be lifted from my shoulders.

Could you tell us why do you feel that?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If disclosure turns out to be self-disclosure by extraterrestrials, or governments disclosing first because such self-disclosure is coming anyway, we have to realize that the pace is being set by what is almost certainly a much older civilization. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that such a civilization would have great reserves of patience. ( they'd have to have if they wanted to deal with human beings!) What seems interminable to us, like the 60 plus years of the modern UFO era, might seem a very brief 'crash course' in our preparation, from their point of view. Ross

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

i kind of feel like that, apart from the weight being lifted of my shoulders. if disclosure were to happen i do not think it will ever be an announced event, so with all the 'predictions' that come and go to no avail, it can seem like it is a event that will never come. there is such a mixture of evidence on the web that finding proof can be almost impossible, most of it is hoaxed or just ordinary things that somebody thought was a U.F.O.

i would not worry to much about it, all that i think matters is finding ones own personal truths, and keeping in mind what can be proven and what cannot, everybody is out there looking for something, sometimes it comes to us sometimes it alludes us. i wish you luck in your search for truth and where ever that leads, believing or not.

don't let it weigh you down.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I just recently got interested on UFO matters after accidentally stumble upon a History Channel vid on youtube. I've been totally addicted to it and scoured the net for all related info. I was somewhat intrigued before, but after digesting all the cases, theories, scientific facts, and debunkers arguments, it strikes me that the UFO phenomena really is the missing puzzle for the humanity that ties past history and our future together. Similar to "missing link" in archeology, it seems "it" ought to be there to explain so many things.

Keeping a just, open mind on this matter is like walking on tight ropes. One easily falls to extremes, either eager to embrace anything as UFO-related, or completely shut-off from any possibilities. I can't tell if it's logic or emotion, but I just feel the answer will be out soon. But I also wonder the feeling is just part of the path, after a period of nothing-new I'll be back to reality, that what we know as facts is as good as it gets. Any comments from seasoned ufologist or debunker is greatly appreciated.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I honestly feel as if that were proven to be true a great weight would be lifted from my shoulders.

Could you tell us why do you feel that?

Thanks in advance.

I think I would feel like that because atm there is such a great feeling of uncertainty and confusion about whats real and whats not, that if it were finally proven to all be true then, a proverbial finality would be reached and we can all relax and settle in to our new role in the universe.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I would suggest to take the weight off your shoulders you just go on everyday without thinking about it. There probably is life on other planets, whether or not they are flying around watching / spying on us in another question entirely.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by krs678

the fact that NASA and ESA arent more forthcoming is always a big controversy and I feel that they are being ordered by their respective governments to keep certain info under wraps.Why and what that info is remains to be seen however.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by amc621

I would love to not think of it, b ut having witnessed a UFO several years ago its kind of gotten under my skin. I wouldnt say I'm addicted or obsessed, but i do f\have a need to look for the truth.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Thanks for the answer.

the fact that NASA and ESA arent more forthcoming is always a big controversy and I feel that they are being ordered by their respective governments to keep certain info under wraps.Why and what that info is remains to be seen however.

You do know that ESA is not under one specific government but under the governments of the 18 countries that are part of ESA, right?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Personally, I'm a believer that would rather NOT believe....

Why?

Because if they are here, they are doing so in secret, and at least with us humans, when we're secretive, it's because others won't like what we're up to...So, what are they up to?

Unfortunately, I've just seen too much evidence I can't ignore or dismiss away, that points to them being here since at least the 40's.

As far as disclosure, the thing is, if you accept that aliens are visiting, and that our government knows something to even disclose (which I believe it does), then there have to be REASONS for both to keep such a secret. Now, neither of these parties is going to come clean just for the hell of it. There has to be some kind of gain in doing so (assuming the aliens have something akin to human motivations).... Until there is such a gain to be had, there's no reason for the status quo to change. (and thus no reason for disclosure).

So, we have to ask ourselves, what kinds of events would motivate one or both parties? Unfortunately, the reasons are only limited by the imagination (and I doubt we'll like what we come up with)...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I’m not sure if it’s a case of “believing” anymore, more – for me - an acceptance of the distinct possibility that we have been found, so to speak, by advanced species unknown.

It all depends on your stance, as to how you approach the subject; logic or emotion.

When questioned about my interest in UFOs, many will scoff, as (insert sarcasm) of course, aliens aren’t real.

And who mentioned aliens, I ask (logic)?

Oh, but aren’t UFOs supposed to be alien space ships (emotion)?

They may well be, is my response, and why shouldn’t they be?

(re-insert sarcasm) Because they aren’t real, are they?

I then simply ask if they’ve ever heard of an Air Force conducting research into sightings of fairies, or unicorns. I invariably receive a blank look, then a denial.

It seems to escape the uninitiated that “officialdom” has conducted research into the unusual phenomena we see in our skies.

As to what these phenomena are, despite the attention of a myriad of professionals and experts, and an awful lot of what is at best circumstantial evidence – even if some of it is seriously compelling – to support these “visitations” the whole thing is still in the realms of speculation.

Until something undeniable is presented, that is.

However, I am happy to state that I think we have been (and still are) visited. I don’t know why, or how, they are here, but it does not clash with my view of the world, reality, and life in general.

You just have to cut through the smoke and mirrors to realise that logically, because we see phenomena in our skies that appears (in some cases) not to be of our – or nature’s - creation, that our little pale blue dot floating in a vast expanse of blackness has been spotted, logged and visited. And still is to this day.

What is so startling about that being a possibility?

Logical acceptance of other life co-existing alongside ours, or emotional belief?

I know what makes most sense.

Just my tuppence...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I then simply ask if they’ve ever heard of an Air Force conducting research into sightings of fairies, or unicorns. I invariably receive a blank look, then a denial.

That is a priceless quote...
Thanks for that.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Hello,

I think aliens exist but why the heck would they come here?
That's something about us, we are so ego centric.
The sun doesn't revolve around the earth
and the galaxy doesn't revolve around us.

My theory is that it is difficult to travel across space
but they have sent machines.

Why would their machines contact us?
What do we have to offer them other than observational data?
(which is beamed home at light speed so don't expect anything much to actually happen)

We are on the verge of processing meat from vegetables and within a century it will taste good too.
The idea that we are being farmed for food is preposterous.
Also, there is plenty of wattage to be found in space
- enough to mine easier targets than a heavy planet and maybe enough for easy transmutation
of hydrogen to gold!

My bet is that those machines will allow contact if we log in.
Why not try it?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I just wonder if anyone else feels like this or am I just an odd ball?

I think it indicates you need to get out and live life. It does not matter if there are aliens out there so much. You can believe either way. I believe pretty much beyond a doubt that they are out there and very common like it is in Star Trek. The difference between you and me is I don't let it affect my daily life. They are out there. So what. Life goes on down here. Get a GF. Get married and have some kids and be a dad. Live life.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
You are probably right. Nothing will happen. If we ignore the black project crafts we are left with the 'ET' crafts.These ETs have been extremely good at remaining elusive and they will carry on that way. The reason seems to be that the planetary space is shared with them and there is nothing to be gained from making contact.

Having said that, I do accept that there have been many cases of unwarranted contacts. The motive seems to me to be sinister

top topics

join