It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; Seven thunders- time running out.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dyingsun

Please look at the rubric just above the top line of the thread describing the purpose of the "Predictions and prophecies" forum.
It is for "the discussion of...ancient predictions and prognostications".
That's what I'm doing (one thread a week).
That's what the forum is for.
What's the problem?

edit on 3-11-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I see and you didn't answer me still. Take care.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

For heaven's sake, what question do you want answering?
It's diifficult to give an answer to things put so obliquely.

As far as I can see;
You said that the board was taken over by Christian doomsday scenarios.
My response (to paraphrase) is that out of 100 doomsday scenarios, one may be Christian and 99 non-Christian, and that this does not constitute a Christian doomsday takeover.
How is that not an answer? What kind of answer are you looking for?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Why are you doing this ? Posting here, it seems more egotistical than anything else, I just don't get it. All you actually do here is scare people who believe in what you say.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

dyingsun....hey man i noticed you are at about a 9 on the tension level, cool your jets , now! it's cool here
you don't want to be known as one who attacks on and on for no given
this thread is full of historical information and research...R and D, that's we do here at ATS, babe

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I could ask "Why are you picking on me, when there are so many other people posting"?

However;
Let me point out, in the first place, that my piece on the first chapter was called "Fear Not", and I asserted that this instruction was intended to set the tone for the whole book. I have been arguing all along that Revelation is designed for the encouragement of a church facing troubles, telling them that they must not be afraid because God is with them.
Furthermore, the whole trend of my interpretation is been to push the expectation of doom away from the near future, making it much less prone to induce anxiety than the normal approach, which is to assert that we're already half-way through and the rest will be fulfilled in a couple of years.
I think anyone who accepted my interpretation would be less fearful than someone who believed in other popular Revelation interpretations.

As for the reason why I'm doing it; it's because I believe it is a task that I've been given. Any egotism that may be involved in this is no worse than the egotism of many thousands of other thread-posters on this site. Do you intend to ask the same question of each and every one of the others? And if not, why not?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Thanks mate, I'm cool now, nothing more to say or add .

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I asked you specifically, because you do really incite 'doom and gloom' in people. Please understand that I'm not attacking you personally or your belief system, we do not live in medieval times anymore. I still think you are scaring people for egotistical reasons, but thats just me. Take care.
edit on 3-11-2010 by dyingsun because: oh, 'Tippfehler'

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Then why are you not addressing similar comments to the author of the thread
"Nuclear false flag alert in three days"?
And many similar non-Christian threads?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Let me clarify something first, i was raised lutherian and belief in a god, just not a malevolent and 'all-dictating' god.

To your second point, probably because your posts are way more common on here and have a 'flock, come to the shepherd' tone to it. Thanks.
edit on 3-11-2010 by dyingsun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

More common?
Run down the front page of the forum and make a list.
See how many "doom and gloom" threads have been started even in the last 48 hours.
I do one thread a week.
If you really care so much about people being frightened, should you not be posting your objections on at least SOME of the others?

And the whole point of Revelation is that it leads up to chs 21&22.
The evil is cleared away, the good remains untroubled. It's a happy ending.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I ment specifically on this board, i.e.'Predictions & Prophecies'. I have no problems with you personally whatsoever, so let us just let 'sleeping dragons' lie.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Yes, I was talking about this board. One of today's or yesterdays, currently very active anyway, is "Imminent nuclear war". Does this not count as "doom and gloom"? Are you going to drop in on Rajatan's thread and say so?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

First of all, who is 'Rajatan' ? Second, why do you care if you only want to make people aware ? Do you care for your postcount and that 'stars and flag' stuff ?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Rajaten, as you probably know because you corrected my hasty mis-spelling, is the author of the "Imminent nuclear war" thread.
I was drawing attention to the sheer illogicality of criticising me on the grounds of spreading "doom and gloom", and and not criticising other people for doing the same thing.
Drawing attention to this illogicality in your behaviour is, in itself, part of the exercise of making you aware.
It may prompt you to re-examine your own motives.

I've just seen your edit, where your correction of my spelling disappears.
This kind of approach doesn't win flags. You can do your own comparison. If that was my motive, I would be doing it another way.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

My own motives are that I despise religious-based fear spreaded by whomever and in any form. God be with you.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Only religion-based fear?
Is that what makes "Imminent nuclear war" OK?

Hmm. What does your translation of the Bible say at Acts ch26 v14?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamnot
We're given the explanations of the seven bowl judgements in another chapter but we're not told the connection.

So we're told about the same judgements elsewhere?
But doesn't that rather defeat the object of "not telling them because they're not going to experience it"?
Its like saying to someone "You're not supposed to see this, so close one of your eyes".

The reference to Daniel doesn't establish that the "closed-up" knowledge is about plagues.

I revert to the point that understanding the thunders as "God espressing his will" gives them a place in the dialogue and in the logical structure of the chapter which they don't have otherwise.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

One reason why you're just not going to understand what I am saying is because you tend to think of the judgements of God as literal interpretations, hail and fire, meteors etc. as stated in your battered planet thread.

Whereas I see hail as symbolic of a 'hard spirit' and fire as persecution.

When the hard spirited Romans killed everyone who wouldn't bow to Papal Rome, I saw this as hail and fire, one of the plagues.

While God is always in control in the background and overall, his words can only be carried out through people. When the Romans thought they were doing God a service by killing his people, they actually became a plague and this judgement was 'written down' by them.

So when the angel says to seal up the thunders and do not write them down, I take that to mean to not become the judgement itself like the Romans.

As we live, it is written.
....and the books were opened: and another book was opened...the things that were written

So when the angel says to seal up what the thunders said and do not write them down, this is signifying the position that God's true church should have. They should have no part in being one of God's judgements, they are not to 'write it down', in other words live it.

But in the three and a half years of their prophesying, they are to be the means in which God's voice is heard, the thunder as you say.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

But isn't this different from the interpretation of the thunders you were giving on the previous page?
I certainly don't understand how someone can shift from one interpretation to another quite so casually, like changing a shirt.

The difference between our two approaches is not so much about the difference between the literal and the metaphorical; I've been doing a lot of non-literal interpretation myself in my own pieces. Even in "Battered planet", which you quoted, I left it ambiguous how much the "mountain of fire falling into the sea" was literal, and how much metaphorical, and so on.
The real difference is that I come to Revelation as a student of history. I see Revelation as a chronicle, and I treat it in exactly the same way as I would treat any other source document (the fact that it's describing events in the future instead of the past is only a minor complication). In other words, I try to get past the obscure descriptions and the disjointed chronology in order to establish exactly what happens and in what order and why one thing leads into another. Hence the importance, in the thread "Time, times, and half a time", of sorting everything out into chronological order. The procedure justifies itself by the fact that it works. That is, it produces a narrative sequence which is consistent and coherent; in fact I'm only now discovering that connections I hadn't even guessed at, like the "7 kings" sequence in ch17, are slotting into the original structure perfectly, which seems to vindicate the original structure.
So, the advantage of my interpretation is that my interpretation has got a storyline.
Has your interpretation got a storyline?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join