It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; Seven thunders- time running out.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The seven thunders are the seven final plagues. I think the fact that John was told not to write that down is because, they don't apply to him or to who he represents. The witnesses.

If you've received the Revelation of Jesus Christ, simply that Jesus is the Christ, you're not told what the seven thunders are because hopefully you'll not be around to experience them. You don't know what they are because you shall not know those judgements.

The witnesses shall be gone prior to the seven thunders. They saw it coming and they were killed in the three and a half years prior to warning everyone about them.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamnot
If you've received the Revelation of Jesus Christ, simply that Jesus is the Christ, you're not told what the seven thunders are because hopefully you'll not be around to experience them.

But in that case, why are we told about the seven "bowls" of ch16, which have got their own claim to be the seven last plagues? I think we can explain the secrecy better by assuming one or both of these reasons;
that the thunders give content which we could not understand, in our current earthly bodies (e.g. about features of life in the new Jerusalem)- or
that the thunders give content which is none of our business (e.g.the details of how others are judged)

There's a double advantage in my explanation that seven=God and thunder=voice of God.
Firstly, it makes sense in itself.
Secondly, it brings a logical sequence into the overall structure of ch10. We get a dialogue. If the thunders are the voice of God, there is a reason why the angel should be addressing them, and a reason why he should respond to what they say. Otherwise, they're just disconnected incidents. I'm looking for connections.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

That's why I italicized the word 'that'. We're given the explanations of the seven bowl judgements in another chapter but we're not told the connection. I believe that was left out for the reader to figure out.

On a similar note, Daniel was given the vision of the three and half years the witnesses are prophesying but the understanding of that vision would not be until the end. Likewise, the seven thunders would not be understood until the end.

Compare these two verses

Daniel 12:9
And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end

Revelation 10:4 ...,Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not

Revelation 1:3
Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

Are you done yet ? You are spamming this board with your threads to the extend that it becomes unreadeable to someone who doesn't take the Bible literally.

edit: I mean DISRAELI
edit on 2-11-2010 by dyingsun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dyingsun

aww..did you register just for me? that's sweet.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

read the edit

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

why was this thread hidden from me till today?...i would have seen it right away....has it been gone back to page four for a while, I DON'T THINK SO dang it
now i have it locked in, good one disraeli

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

lol
iamnot DISRAELI haha
but I actually enjoy reading his threads quite a bit
why not just ignore his threads if you don't like them?

the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak eh?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If your post wasn't sarcasm, humanity, at least those believing this utter nonsense, is/are truly doomed.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

You are right, though it is hard to avoid a DISRAELI post in here. All the best to you.
edit on 2-11-2010 by dyingsun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
ah, read the whole thread and viewed the nice you tubes...
two things what would the sign of jesus in the heavens be....i think in the night sky, then visible at day for a while.....
and i think the mountain cast into the sea is a meteor burning in, hitting the ocean.
but that sign of Jesus in the heavens....somewhere i read it causes men know what is coming?...i might have that wrong, i'm going back a year or two.
may i note one more thing?....Jesus says then they will bind you and take you away ...take you out of the synagogues....? to be jailed but don't worry about what to say beforehand.....i suppose this is before anyone is raptured...( i'm a pre-trib)...but possibly not, my hope is at this detail, after researching for 40 years now, yep, i'm heavy into finding the clues left for us in the word

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

hey that you tube....is that the one with links to the secret name of God?.....they also had a link to Jesus and his Yeshua name with symbolic hebrew meaning derived from the letters in the name...
will someone check on the meaning of the letters in His name of the other spelling....Yahushua....i wonder....
the yeshua spelling was "behold the hand, behold the nail..."

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

I glad you liked this thread;
If you check my profile, there's been a whole series of them, going out on a weekly basis.
The first half of the book has now been covered, if you want to go back to the others.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
So, when will your 'Revelation' series end finally? You seem to quite enjoy 'educating' people about the 'end times'.
edit on 3-11-2010 by dyingsun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Not sure.
If you look over the threads as a whole, you can see how much has been covered and how much remains.
I expect to finish looking at the "Harlot of Babylon" just before Christmas, so the rest would probably take a couple of months of the New Year.

edit on 3-11-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Very nice reply, Sir, I give you credit for that. But still, not attacking you personally, don't you think that christian 'doomsday' scenarios have taken over this whole board ?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Many doomsday scenarios have taken over this board, not just Christian ones.
If you look over all the threads predicting doom for October or November 2010, they've all been doing it on non-Biblical grounds.

As for me, I should point out that none of my Revelation interpretation predicts doom and gloom in the near future. I have never taken the view that we're already half-way through Revelation.
The nearest I have got to "doom and gloom" was in "4 Horsemen-running" and the recent mini-series on "Battered planet" and the two Woes- in both cases taking things predicted elsewhere on secular grounds, and pointing out that if and when they happened they would match the descriptions in Revelation.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

yes!! i posted something similar yesterday in another thread. these ancients took hallucinogenic drugs to have these "visions"

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzo

I take it, then, that you didn't see my response to that poster, viz. that so much of the imagery of Revelation is drawn pretty directly from the Old Testament that the "hallucinations" explanation isn't necessary to account for it. "The images from his reading filled his mind" is enough.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I think that that is just a 'cop out' from my original question, by the way , excuse my english, I'm german. People shall believe what they want to, never was against that, but you are taking the '#ing' (excuse me, Sir)bible for granted and post your 'thoughts' as a matter to ponder on the prediction board ? Ok...
edit on 3-11-2010 by dyingsun because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join