It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANY MODERN WAFARE 2 PLAYERS ON HERE? best weapon & perks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
what's the best weapon? i've been going from ump.45 to tar 21 and and scar-h. but now i'm using acr and i'm absolutely luvin it. it's so precise and good for long range.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
for me it has to be the STEYR AUG-HBAR. fit it with a decent scope, and extended barrel, and you have the most accurate gun in the game, with pretty much the same range as a sniper rifle... but with a rapid fire rate like the assault rifles.

I sucked at this game for a long time, but once finding this combo i rocketed up the rankings and improved massively! Give it a shot, you'll like it

You play on ps3 or 360 by the way? You'll have to let me know your tag so we can have a match sometime. Looking forward to black ops, just 9 days to go !

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
tar is more jumpy but btr whn u hit, the acr is a goodie good power n less jumpy i think its just preference, i just prestiged using the tar....best secondary has got to be the g 18's....last 2 prestiges i used intervention and bar also.....i get just as many one shot kills from the barret as u do the intervention :-)
edit on 31-10-2010 by ACEWARDOG because: i keep mixing my u's and i's

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I am

Im on ps3 if you want to add me - Mankini-g4ybar

I dont know the best set up though...im quite good with the riot shield haha can be a laugh to get a 10 kill streak with that.

My scores are all ruined though....i got put into a challenge lobby 3 times the other night, it deranked me and gave me negative score....-420420427
Got negative kills too....-420420437!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sc00by_d00

Depends on if you are playing Hardcore, Search and Destory, FFA, Domination. Every gamemode has a different way of playing depending on a team or a lone ranger setup.

Personally, I use an ACR with a red dot sight, or the Barrett .50 cal. Btw, I'm rather uspest at the Barrett. Even in regular it should be a one-shot kill... Maybe make it the last weapon to unlock at lvl 70, but either way, I'm rather dissapointed in the stats on it...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The AK-47 is the best gun in the game.

It was the best gun on MW and it's the best gun on MW2. In fact, it's the best gun on every first person shooter because it's the best gun in real life.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
AUG-HBAR is a very good weapon but slows you down, even if you use marathon as a perk. Your best advantages would be a ScarH or ACR. I like to use ACR with the silencer or FMJ bullets. Did you know that when you play search and destroy, you rank up very quickly. They give the most points but you respawn next round=(.

I think the best perks would be marathon (run faster), hardline (1 less kill for a killstreak), and ninja (silent footsteps) or Commando pro (no falling damage)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Th ak47 is a quality gun.....i havent got it yet though lol. so i have been using the scar mainly along with the vector.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
CoD1 is way better..

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Scar-H is without a doubt the best gun in the game in my opinion. Once you get rolling with it, the limited magz won't be a problem since you'll be mowing down with accuracy in due time

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

www.mw2blog.com...
Hope this link works !!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Most people use Stopping Power in their classes and is somewhat unfair, since it allows those players to kill you with one less bullet. You'll be at a disadvantage at a direct confrontation against them, the thing I dislike about Modern Warfare 2. Hopefully that is history with Black Ops, since there will be no Stopping Power, which will allow people to use different combination of perks. /end rant. One class that I like using is this:

Primary: Tar 21 w/ Holographic Sight
Secondary: M-93 Raffica w/ FMJ (pocket m-16
)
Equipment: Semtex
Perk 1: Sleight of Hand
Perk 2: Hardline
Perk 3: Ninja

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
i usually use the scar but i think i get more kills with the knife on melee

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I play in Hardcore only, so my advice is probably limited, but my best class layout is:

Tar-21 with silencer
Semtex
Ninja Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Commando Pro

That combination has won me many many games...
Oh, and I'm a PC player if that makes any difference in the classes

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
ak-47 with fmj and stopping power pro, is criminal especially if you catch someone off guard. it's also deadly when you have groups of people running together, it'll mow them down.

acr with silencer and stopping power is a good option when you want accuracy.

famas with stopping power is good for big maps like afghan where you can ambush and pick off lone wolf rambo types.

on small maps on a capture the flag game or search and destroy i go with ump silenced with the thumper for a long range option with marathon, lightweight and ninja pro/sitrep/steady aim.

u run out of ammo quickly with this combo, but i ditch the thumper has soon as it's out of rounds.
edit on 31-10-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
What you need is Vector Akimbo with Marathon, Lightweight and Steady aim / Ninja (all pro of course). Then you just run behind them (or just hit them right on) and spray
!

For secondary I almost always end up using the PP2000 with extended mags, it's very accurate and powerful even without Stopping power.

But i have to say, all weapons are good if you know how to use them.

I usually go with the sub-machineguns with the perks posted above.

If anyone wants to add me, my gamertag is JL3 I Wind. I don't play very much anymore though.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
well if you play hardcore any gun really!!! the acr is a good gun overall though

who is getting black ops?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sc00by_d00
what's the best weapon? i've been going from ump.45 to tar 21 and and scar-h. but now i'm using acr and i'm absolutely luvin it. it's so precise and good for long range.

WellI have 6 different classes

Assault Class One- Primary M16 with holographic scope, and grenade launcher, Secondary, akimbo Model 1887 with FMJ. Perks Bling Pro, Lighweight Pro, Ninja Pro

Assault Class Two- Primary, AK47 with Red dot sight, Secondary, akimbo Model 1887s
Perks, Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro, Ninja Pro

Heavy Weapons Class Three- Primary Steyr Aug-HBAR with holographic scope, Secondary RPG
Perks, Scavenger Pro, Hardline Pro, Ninja Pro

Light Weapons Class Four- Primary Akimbo P90's Secondary Akimbo Model 1887's

Sniper Class Five- Primary WA2000, with thermal scope and Secondary Shotgun (cant remember the name, second last one you unlock)
Perks, Marathon Pro, Hardline Pro, Ninja Pro

Riot Shield Class Six- Primary Riot Shield, Secondary Shotgun (cant remember the name, second last one you unlock)

ACR is pretty good, but I much prefer the M16 and AK-47 as a fast assault class, and P90 poos all over the UMP

I should mention Im a big time knifer too, lol. Love frustrating people with slow reflexes

BTW, anyone wanna add me as a friend on xbox live, send me a u2u
edit on 7/11/2010 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
m16 without a doubt in my mind.. like 2 bullets they are dead with like no recoil.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I also use the SCAR or ACR, I hate using the scopes to much time to bring up and fire, red dot works just fine. The RPG is' awesome!! Launch that into a room and you got 2 sometimes 3 kills, great for stats or getting out of a kill rut. Just after you fire move your ass, cause the smoke trail is easy to see.

I use the marathon, cold blooded, ninja pro. For me being fast and silent is the way to go, although I am just an average player. Not one of those 20 kills per match guys.

edit on 19-11-2010 by bphi1908 because: didn't finish answering the question

top topics

<<   2 >>

join