It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops get handbook for unruly witches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Cops get handbook for unruly witches

www.perthnow.com.au

BRITISH police officers on patrol for Halloween celebrations have been armed with a 300-page handbook that includes information on how to deal with unruly witches.

The handbook - prepared by London's Metropolitan police - contains information and instructions for officers on dealing with followers of various beliefs, including witchery.

The helpful advice warns police officers to be wary of a witch's Book of Shadows, which contains their spells, and to watch out for their ceremonial dagger.

Known as an "athame," the dagger is "not intended to be used as an offensive weapon but mi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Nine pages of the handbook are dedicated to atheists.

The handbook says that: "Atheists have no dietary requirements other than those of the individual. There are no designated places of worship. There are no prescribed texts. Atheists have no prayers. [But] be aware that atheists might feel offended by an assumption of faith."

Ok I understand informing police about ceremonial daggers on real witchs during Halloween celebrations.

But 9 pages on atheists,that sounds like alot?

How would they even spot an atheist on Halloween,are they the ones with natural red horns?

And lets not upset them by saying what? "they have faith in no faith"

I`d like to read that hand book,to see what they say on all the beliefs.

www.perthnow.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
sounds like a perfect way to burn through all the tax we pay....reminds me of the 1.2 m pound advert to tell u not to beat up your wife that they had running last year

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ACEWARDOG

Oh you had those as well,I think ours was 4 million,"Violence against women Australia says NO" must mean violence agaist men is ok.

300 pages on different beliefs for police,now that would be interesting dunny reading.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Is it an abridged version of this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7aa30b0e5863.jpg[/atsimg]

My girlfriend has an original book from 1722 called "A treatise on witchcraft" about witch hunting, the last chapter says that anyone that has Kidney Stones is a witch. I wonder if this new book has such accurate information too

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Is it an abridged version of this?

My girlfriend has an original book from 1722 called "A treatise on witchcraft" about witch hunting, the last chapter says that anyone that has Kidney Stones is a witch. I wonder if this new book has such accurate information too

I read that book a while back. Man, there was some really sick, demented things in that book.

Sad to say, a lot of people still think that way, even centuries and technological advances later. Really, really sad.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

My girlfriend has an original book from 1722 called "A treatise on witchcraft" about witch hunting, the last chapter says that anyone that has Kidney Stones is a witch.

Well thats disturbing,how exactly would they have known someone had kidney stones back in 1722 without cutting them open to see?

Might as well just see if she weighs the same as a duck,either way they`ll wind up dead.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That's a real smart use of public funds; maybe the cops will use those manuals hit those darned witches in the head

That's idiotic enough to have been done here in the US.

Really though, what yahoo thought that was needed? Just treat everyone the same: according to the law.
edit on 31-10-2010 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Really though, what yahoo thought that was needed? Just treat everyone the same: according to the law.

Well I can understand warning police on the witchs knives,in case of knee jerk reactions etc.

But its boggling my mind on what could be said about athiests and how to handle them that takes 9 pages?

When they have no belief other than their own.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Glad to see the old bill getting some kind of guidance on how to enforce the silly laws we have.

and if your going create guidance on how to deal with one faith, then you should at least be fair and do the same for all faiths, hmmmm wonder if there is a Jedi section

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
At first glance, I thought this was some sort of joke. Halloween isn't even anywhere as expansive in the UK as it is in America. Keep on the look out for Witch's spell books? Please.. Knives on the other hand are common sense to be wary of.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
Halloween isn't even anywhere as expansive in the UK as it is in America. Keep on the look out for Witch's spell books?

Same here in Australia,but the media is definitely pushing it to become as common and as celebrated as in the US.we had hordes of kids knocking on our door yesterday.

I hid,some of them kids looked scary,besides no one gets my lollies.

top topics

join