It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China tops U.S. as foreign investment draw: OECD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I am by no means an economics genious but I hope those of you that are can explain what this article means to our economy's future.

From my limited point of view, this doesn't look very good, please share your knowledge on this subject...Thanks JKM

China has passed the United States as the recipient of the most foreign direct investment, luring $53 billion from developed countries in 2003, according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

www.investors.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This isn't a bad thing for the US. Geez. When good things happen elsewhere it does not necessarily mean bad things for others. The majority of the FDI undoubtedly came from the US. What it means is that people are putting money into China as it booms. Hwoever; those who put in the money usually reap the rewards of those investments, thus a great deal of money will likely return to the Us.

On a side note, all of this money will also continue to boost China's development, allowing them to better compete in the global marketplace in other areas than labour. All in all, I would say that this is a good thing.

join