It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unchained Melody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think I might have just had a visit.

I've shared this with very few people here, but today's events have prompted me to open up.
My 26 yr old son, passed away July 5th under some highly suspect circumstances. Since his passing, I have investigated several different avenues of getting information surrounding the events which lead to this.
I haven't had much luck, nor has the FBI, but that's another story.

Since his passing, my sister believes she has been visited many times. She has touch lamps that keep turning themselves on. She has moved the lamps to different outlets, different rooms and still very regularly these lamps turn on, without any one/thing touching them. She talks out loud to him a lot, and it helps her cope. I must admit, I'm not one to walk around talking out loud, but I do feel a tinge of jealousy that he hasn't made his presence known at my house, where he lived. I had thought about going and buying a touch lamp, because I wanted some easy way he could let me know he was still around, but we are making a huge move 1200 miles south in 4 months and I really am trying to get rid of things, not buy more. So each time she told me of the lamp turning on I thought about buying one, then didn't.

Today I was up on the 3rd floor in my bedroom, watching TV, the only other person home was my husband. He had gotten dressed this morning and said he was going to go outside and start raking the sea of leaves. He also said he might start a load of laundry before he headed out. Our washer and dryer are in the basement.

About 10 min after he left the room I heard the pounding of someone hustling up the stairs. It caught my attention since I assumed he was already outside by this point. I muted the TV to listen more closely and that's when I heard my husband yelling for me. You know that sort of yell with a panic tone behind it.

I jumped up and by the time I hit the first landing of the stairs on the way to the second floor I was yelling "what's wrong!?" He just said "Hurry, come here!" I hit the landing on the first floor calling out, where are you, and he said, I'm in the basement. At first I thought he may have fallen down the stairs thinking back to the pounding I had heard but a minute before.

When I got to the landing of the basement stairs I saw him standing at the bottom of the stairs looking up at me wide eyed. Yes, I heard it to. We could clearly hear music. It was Unchained Melody. It sounded as if it was coming from inside the wall. My husband was moving boxes and cans that were on a table at the end of the steps. Looking for the source. He said he'd put the load of clothes in the washer, and as soon as his foot hit the first step to come out of the basement, he heard the music start. He went over and turned off the washer then ran up the stairs ( this was the pounding I heard) to see if it was coming from the TV on the first floor. He turned off the TV and that's when he called for me.

I turned to come into my office and get my camera with cam on it to record it. I grabbed it and went back to the basement stairs landing and as soon as I turned it on, it shut down. The batteries immediately died. I have a battery recharger up on the 3rd floor with fresh ones so I took off up there to get fresh batteries. I wanted to get the audio recorded. I did that, replaced the batteries then ran back down again. I turned the camera on again, and Bam, batteries were dead again and the camera shut down. Right then, my husband, who was still rifling thru everything on that table, said I found it!

He produced a candle I do not recall ever seeing seen before. It's a square purplish candle with a plastic gold base that apparently plays music. This must belong to my daughter, though I haven't been able to contact her to confirm this. What is so strange is that this candle was in a box of stuff that I had packed away 2 years ago. The button to turn this music box on is actually slightly recessed on the base. Someone/thing had to physically touch this to turn it on.

We got the candle into the office and my husband said " I know that song, what is it?" I said no, it's the theme from that movie "Ghost". I know, ironic. On Halloween too.
I am going tomorrow to buy touch lamps.

edit on 31-10-2010 by Cherryontop because: grammer

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

I am truly so sorry for your loss.
I've lost someone who was so dear to me it frankly feels as though I've
lost a huge chunk of my self mentally, physically and everything in between...

1st, I'm a skeptic BUT I am open minded.
Often people speak of Ghosts and more often than not they
often contradict rules that authoritative figures have made known that spirits, ghosts
have to abide by...

Regarding the touch lamps...
These have been known to malfunction and it has to do with the sensor at the base.
I've had a few of these and I had witnessed a fly turn the lamp on.
*People always attribute these instances as paranormal, even I do it too.

2nd, The death of a close loved one isn't anything to make light of, and your husband knows this.
Meaning, I think it was him making the noises, but didn't act as if he made them for you to continue
to feel it might be your son. If you were thinking to yourself "my son always ran up the stairs"
I doubt he was the only one to. How do you distinguish running UP versus DOWN the stairs?

The batteries immediately died:
This was because either you hadn't fully charged it, OR the batteries don't hold a charge.
OR it was used unbeknownst to you at some point, and no one had charged it since.

The Candle that plays music:
The fact it plays a song that was in a movie called Ghost (on Halloween) is irrelevant.
To you it appears the candle must be engaged at the base, to a more astute observer
there may be more at play than you think.

Cheap Chinese made candle ornaments with music playing aren't difficult to make.
A short in a wire, the fact it was in your basement=your house/foundation does move...
The temperatures in your basement also play a role in this too.

I heard a noise up in the attic, and someone or something had moved a heavy box, hadmade
the largest thud, and had landed on the floor. (It had to be a ghost right?)

Then the light to the attic was *ON* Oh noes!!!
Seriously, through deductive reasoning I was able to find out my dad
had possibly turned the light on, and was up there rummaging, and had probably
left a box unsupported with its own weight causing it to eventually fall from its position, which
then hit another box and landed on the floor (the opening hadn't been closed)

*Because I was so willing to believe it was a ghost I had convinced myself that I too
had heard running on the roof of the house in my case...

See, now since we *all* do NOT know what happens after we die, this part is all you.
Do you see him suffering being stuck in between worlds, haunting a candle, touching
lamps? OR do you see him in a better place, living in peace, tranquility and waiting for the day
you and your husband/sister see him again, at last reunited?

edit on 31-10-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Firstly, I want to say I'm very sorry for your family's terrible loss. I'm a mom and can't bear to think how awful it's been for you. When a beloved pet of mine died over a decade ago I found a pet loss grief support group online whose members I became very close to. I even met some of them in person over the years. They taught me to be open minded and accept some synchronicities as signs that the loved one is well and wants us to know it. I was a skeptic at first but over the years I've seen enough to believe. Some of the friends themselves have passed on and sent their own signs. To someone whose heart and mind are closed the signs will just appear to be meaningless random coincidences or accidents. Only you can decide how to interpret what you see and hear. It's my opinion you got the contact you were wishing for. I hope it brings you some comfort. You can certainly try the touch lamps. But at some point it seems to me anyway they do rest and the contact tapers off. The contact is meant to help take the edge off your grief and worry so both sides can move on. Though with the questions surrounding the circumstances of your son's passing, who can say what additional message he may be trying to convey, if any. Come what may, I hope you and your family get the closure you need.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
Firstly, I want to say I'm very sorry for your family's terrible loss. I'm a mom and can't bear to think how awful it's been for you. When a beloved pet of mine died over a decade ago I found a pet loss grief support group online whose members I became very close to. I even met some of them in person over the years. They taught me to be open minded and accept some synchronicities as signs that the loved one is well and wants us to know it. I was a skeptic at first but over the years I've seen enough to believe. Some of the friends themselves have passed on and sent their own signs. To someone whose heart and mind are closed the signs will just appear to be meaningless random coincidences or accidents. Only you can decide how to interpret what you see and hear. It's my opinion you got the contact you were wishing for. I hope it brings you some comfort. You can certainly try the touch lamps. But at some point it seems to me anyway they do rest and the contact tapers off. The contact is meant to help take the edge off your grief and worry so both sides can move on. Though with the questions surrounding the circumstances of your son's passing, who can say what additional message he may be trying to convey, if any. Come what may, I hope you and your family get the closure you need.

Would you care to share any of these signs your friends had given you as a comfort mechanism?
I always see:

11:11, 9:11, 10:11 and the crazy thing is very personal numbers she always carried on her
are ALL in those numbers?

I feel I can't love without her and still have trouble waking up to "live."

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

Thanks for the support.

The noises were him (the husband) running up the stairs out of the basement to see if the music was coming from the TV or another computer, that's all. He wasn't trying to do anything to deceive me. He just isn't that kind of person.

The batteries were fine too. I have 2 sets so one is always charged, so while the first set that were originally in the camera, could have been low, I'll give you that, there is no reason the second set should have gone immediately. These are usually good for weeks of picture taking at a time.

I'm just sharing the story of what happened. It made my weekend

BTW, I have talked to my daughter, the candle is not hers.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chinesis
reply to post by Cherryontop

See, now since we *all* do NOT know what happens after we die, this part is all you.
Do you see him suffering being stuck in between worlds, haunting a candle, touching
lamps? OR do you see him in a better place, living in peace, tranquility and waiting for the day
you and your husband/sister see him again, at last reunited?

edit on 31-10-2010 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

Sorry, didn't reply to this.
I really do not know what to think due to the circumstances, which I don't want to go into in detail but as I said, there is an ongoing investigation. So there are definitely loose ends and lots of questions.

I myself am as skeptic as well. I still believe there's a lot to learn about the subject and I certainly don't believe that every bump or sound is the visitation of a passed loved one, that being said, this was a little more substantial than that, and that is why I chose to share it.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Don't feel bad for the ones who cross, ...

Actually the end up feeling bad for us, still trapped in this illusion, they often stick around for a few days watching over us.

... nah, dont feel bad for them, ... not for a second.

You got to see it to believe it, ... and you will, soon enough.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I agree with everything you said. There's been several other signs, ones that were blatant enough that we saw, even though we were not looking. Seeing them has kept my mind open to what may come.
Today's events were just really cool.

And thank you. I've accepted that we may never know what truly happened. I had to, otherwise I couldn't move on. I still have other children that need me. Knowing wont change the fact that he's gone, and I figure if I am supposed to know, I'll find out. It may be divine intervention that I don't ever find out, if you know what I mean.

top topics

join