It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wrong timeline for modern Humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The out of Afrika theory and timeline seemed always wrong for me. For now I hear from the anthropologists something that make more sense for me and here it goes:

The discovery of early modern human fossil remains in the Zhirendong (Zhiren Cave) in south China that are at least 100,000 years old provides the earliest evidence for the emergence of modern humans in eastern Asia, at least 60,000 years older than the previously known modern humans in the region.

news.wustl.edu...

In contradiction to the out of Afrika theory: archaeology.about.com...

Here more recemblance by a gap of 20000 years: www.bradshawfoundation.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Karmayogi11

It's not in contradiction with the out of Africa theory, it's merely in contradiction with how the theory is currently formulated. It's one piece of evidence which hardly falsifies anything.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

There are a FEW types of Gorilla,, many types of monkey,, some went extinct .. found on different contenants ,,

why cant Humans be of different types..??

i never believed the "out of Africa" story,, because it would imply there was only ONE race that was sub divided, into many races,, that seams improbable.. unless (an outside agent did genetic experiments on SOME of us),,

just a quick thought on halloweeen ,,,,,,, BOO

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Namaste, Karmayogi. All the links you posted agree that mankind came from Africa.

Unless you have an interest in this subject, and therefore some background knowledge of it, it's easy to get confused by news items like the one in your first link. It's not saying humans originally came from China, or from anywhere else except Africa. It's just saying modern humans got to China a lot earlier than previously known. However, there are modern human fossils from Africa that are 160,000 years old (see your second link). Sixty thousand years is long enough for anyone to walk between Africa and China. A snail could probably crawl the entire distance in that time!

Palaeontology and molecular biology are in agreement. We can regard an African origin for mankind as proved.

By the way, the correct spelling is Africa, not Afrika. I don't normally correct people's spelling, but when you spell place-names like 'America', 'Africa', etc. with a 'K', it suggests Fascism and is generally considered derogatory. Since I'm sure you have nothing against Africa or Africans, it's better not to make that particular spelling error.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

And all those apes, and monkeys, and us, have a common mammal ancestor on our Phylogenetic tree.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Oh may nothing to do with facism my mother lenguage is swiss german so sorry for that

If the Allies wouldnt have won against Hitler in WW2. I most probably wouldnt exist because my mixed blood. So no way with facism...

To the point yes I agree with that that it just means that modern humans get there earlier.
But it means also that the previously graphics of human expantions where wrong.
I am no expert in that area by any way, I just wouldnt agree to put any location on earth for our origin

Is there strong evidence for an origin in Africa.
Yes maybe. But there is shurly more in our past that we dont konow, than we know.
But thats just my thinking.

Greetings

top topics

join