It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook is so frustrating!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Facebook is frustrating. Its a whole lot better than twitter, but it's still frustrating.

- I have friends who disappear and then reappear. They don't 'unfriend' me and I don't 'unfriend' them .. but they disappear for days and weeks only to mysteriously reappear.

- Posts go missing. Mine and theirs. Go missing on my page and other peoples pages. No .. not deleted .. just missing.

- The games. UGH! Right now I'm playing chocolatier. The vats of chocolate are going well but then when I check back, everything has stopped. Plus they are pushing that 'world travel' with that game and I can't click on anything without that being shoved in may face.

- Vampire wars ... played but it got boring.

- All the quizzes ... cute but meaningless. And then they want your email address.

I'll still do facebook. It's how the family and friends keep in touch with me now that I haven't really got a speaking voice (sjogrens). But sometimes its FRUSTRATING.

Oh.... atsers on facebook who have 'friended' me ... if you don't see my name there anymore don't take it personally. The dang thing is doing strange things to my friends list. Just 'refriend' if you wish ...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I must get an account, I feel like a real social leper without one.

My girlfriend plays baking life a lot which she seems to love! It's also meant that she has started baking a lot in real life, I'm eating a ghost shaped Halloween Apple turnover as I write this

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Facebook is for looking at pictures of old high school infatuations, nothing more nothing less...

And the sooner people realize that the better their life will be

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It's also good for looking up ex girlfriends and laughing at how messed up their life is, or conversely crying tears of bitter rage when you see their new millionaire football player husband and 10 bedroom house

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I enjoy facebook because I can keep up with my far-off kids - also so I can reflect upon all the chicks who were so snobby acting in high school....I like seeing how their butts have spread to mammoth proportions.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Facebook is for looking at pictures of old high school infatuations, nothing more nothing less...

Not JUST that...it's fun to see what other past friends are up to these days, and pics of relatives, etc. Also a great way to keep up on family news when everyone lives all over the place. And, it's a neat and quick place to share pics with friends. I like being able to see my friends' kids' Halloween costumes, when it's not like I was going to be there while they went Trick-or-Treating...

I have to say though, EVERY damn girl in my senior art class is still amazing looking, and I (and most of the guys) got a bit larger, and lost a bit of hair. Not fair, not fair...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The chat thing ticks me off, to say the least. I could be talking to someone and then it won't let me send a message because they are "offline"-when they're not. It does that from their end, too. They have a lot of bugs to work out.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I personally do not have an account, but my wife and daughter does. We use Fedora Linux and Mozilla Firefox, and there are a whole bunch of new extensions for Firefox that my wife loves....
Firefox Facebook Extensions
Some of these make Facebook a lot more friendly, and easier to navigate, my wife hates adds of any kind, and if she were to see a pop-up, she would freak out!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
facebook is the devil. It toys with my emotions so much... chat is the worst. Ive yet to have a proper conversation with someone which hasnt been peppered with at least 4/5 'sorry there was an error sending your message', and you or the other person constantly going on/offline for no apparant reason.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Yeah their chat applet is seriously flawed, but I still use it anyway.

Good way to keep tabs on what friends are doing, especially when most of mine live so far away.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yea to be fair I still use it anyway, even if it does drive me to the brink of insanity.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick_napalm

And the sooner people realize that the better their life will be

This! This this this a million times. Facebook is all for looking up people's pages and seeing what kinds of arguments people are getting to or checking people's status' updates. It is not a way to keep in touch with friends. Facebook is NOT a substitute for human interaction with other people and hanging out with other people in person. You can still have thousands of friends on facebook and be a lonely person.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
how can people play facebook games? the games are so boring and retarded.
all they do is take and mine your personal info so they can shove ads at you>_<
all the quizes,programs,games that want permision to use your personal info.
its just...a crazy world we live in

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I try and avoid all the Facebook frills, games, and other such nonsense. I look at the photos, and posts by friends, and private messages, but that's really it, for the most part. Maybe an occasional quiz here or there....

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If you post a Muslim joke on facebook, facebook will zap your account. The majority of facebook techs and moderators are said to be of the Muslim persuasion. And a lot of Muslim spies lurk throughout facebook pretending to be conservatives sending out friend requests. They've got a system there that resembles the old East German Police. Probably even worse than here at ATS.

new topics

top topics

join