It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Using Women to Promote Conspiratorial Knowledge Really Help?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Do you think using women to promote conspiratorial knowledge is a good idea? Some people claim women shaking their rears while screaming 9/11 was an inside job actually trivializes the issue. It's difficult not to see their point...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Explanation: I for one welcome our female overlords
such as the Conspiracy Chicks!

Personal Disclosure: Just joking on the overlords bit ok!

P.S. I support ATS members and their like ilk regardless of their gender. I wholeheartedly recommend it and as a sidenote there isn't anything that is above being satiricalized and made fun off!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
We must reconize that an attractive medium is better to get the point across, its an inevidability of society that we all must bow down to. Although I do agree that a bunch of bikini clad women holding up 9/11 truth signs does trivialize the issues however that is an extreme example.

Vanity is a foundation of modern society. In time things may change but it would have to take several generations for societies mass sub concious to catch up.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It seems like there's an assumption here that "using women" automatically means "using sex" (shaking bottoms) to promote conspiracies or promote anything.

While anyone, male or female, can be attractive and even flirty while promoting conspiracies, I think shaking one's bottom into the camera, is blatantly using sex, whether it's a male or female bottom.
It doesn't help ME at all as I'd rather have the facts given by an attractive and intelligent person, than have someone try to attach conspiracies to sex to pull me in.

So, whether it's a male or female, I'd prefer they leave the blatant sexual displays somewhere else and stick with the more subtle gender traits that can be expressed above the neck.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Enh, sex sells. People exploit it for everything.

It sucks..

....and I'm over it.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't know BH. Shaking my bum for SkepticOverlord is what got me my job as a mod.

I haven't seen any women or anyone being used in a sexual fashion to sell conspiracy theories...And I really hope it isn't true. Much of what is discussed in the conspiracy world is too serious to sex up anyway.

I agree with BH, you don't need to shake your butt to get my attention, but you'd better come with intelligible arguments if you're going to persuade me.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Oh, crap....Look what I found:

Yeah, this makes me wanna take this crap seriously.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by vaevictis

It depends on the woman...
I'm not talking about some famous talking head on TV or a bubbling supermodel...
No I'm talking about tapping into the greatest source of gossip in the world, the check out clerks and bank tellers...

I cant tell you how many times I've stood in line when one of these ladies will regale me with stories that can be truly unbelievable! Most recently was at the check out stand one of these ladies walked up and said,

"Did you hear... an entire Mexican police force quit after their station was attacked! they shoot over a 100,000 bullets at those poor cops, even threw grenades at them! You don't think they will start coming here and doing that do you?"

Ya know what... she was right... and had the news before it hit CNN!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

I do believe I've just been converted!

IRM

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Shaking my bum for SkepticOverlord is what got me my job as a mod.

Oh! So THAT'S the secret!

Oh, crap....Look what I found:

Yep. babes in bikinis reading a script - I'm sold!

I'd MUCH rather see the Conspiracy Chicks blatantly displaying their intelligence and interest, knowing they know what they're talking about than some vacuous beach babes showing that they can READ...

But... to each his or her own, I guess. (IRM)

edit on 10/31/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Not that I'm against scantily clad women...God knows I love them...But they have their place, and intellectual conversation doesn't seem to be that place.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Women should stay barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen. Conspiracy theory is a male dominated world where only a truly sexist world view can help advance even the wackiest theories.

Besides, that whole woman's intuition thing is just too damned accurate, and kills the fun in exploring theories.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Women should stay barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen. Conspiracy theory is a male dominated world where only a truly sexist world view can help advance even the wackiest theories.

Besides, that whole woman's intuition thing is just too damned accurate, and kills the fun in exploring theories.

I hope this is sarcasm

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Vaevictis,

I am curious as to whether you are a sociology student or "women's studies" student? I see that you have made alot of threads here regarding these issues.

No, not calling you a troller or Propagandist even though I scan the "social issues" forum on the hunt for them

No, you seem more serious and interested in these issues.

And it is indeed an interesting area of study.

I myself studied science in school, rather dry stuff.

I mention that also, because - in serious business - such "low brow" advertising is absolutely off limits. And so is sexism, racism, ageism, etc. And it is not out of "political correctness" ; In upper level biz dealings - people who suggest such things, or even make cheap jokes as some did here - are immediately marked and blacklisted as "not serious".

You would not even say to colleagues that an admin assistant "was hot" or "we can ply the Italians with pizza". Even if its an off the cuff remark, or a "joke" - you will be immediately "marked" as non serious, less intelligent, and you will not advance within the company.

So, for those who worry over sexism - or are undertaking a study of it - as an executive in scientific and manufacturing arenas - I can tell you - that it virtually does not exist. Because it is considered poor business / alienates potential sales, and is something that only the "lower classes" indulge in.

For those studying Sociology or Gender Issues - you might want to look at this angle as well. Upper level commerce is deadly serious and there is no joking around. That belongs to used car salesmen, backwoods idiots, and lower class, uneducated people.

So yes I do agree that *using* Bikini clad women to sell 911 conspiracies is extremely gauche. The exception being - if the Bikini clad women are speaking from belief and are not part of some "advertising campaign". Then, what they are wearing should not matter.

For Sociology students - you might want to study different strata of society, might be some research/term paper ideas.

I think the "Conspiracy Chicks" present some serious and well thought out ideas. I would like to see them in suits though, be a bit more serious, and lose the cheesy graphics and music and most importantly the moniker of "Chicks". That's very bad form in and of itself.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
if the woman is question is a hideous leper like myself .where would she fall in the credibility scale?
Is like like being a bald man?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I wonder that often about the "Conspiracy Chicks".

Hmmm. Oops, did I say too much?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Hey, what's wrong with bald men?

I like to think that my brain is so powerful, that hair can no longer grow on my head.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Hey, what's wrong with bald men?

I like to think that my brain is so powerful, that hair can no longer grow on my head.

not a thing I actually like it ,but my still unanswered question is if she's hideous does give her the credentials to play the conspiracy game?

the operant theory here, being , beauty is distracting and makes the beautiful a laughing stock if she tries to rise to the conspiracy expert level. I dunno how anyone on ATS even knows who's beautiful and who isn't??

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Is that you in the pic?

If so, to fully understand the question at hand, we will need a video of you shaking it while discussing some conspiracy. Only then can we decide the true value. Please post as soon as possible.

You know what scantily clad women are good for? Getting attention. Do we care what they have to say? NO!! Will we stick around and listen to anything as long as they are scantily clad? YES!!! So, I guess it does serve a purpose!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Is that you in the pic?

If so, to fully understand the question at hand, we will need a video of you shaking it while discussing some conspiracy. Only then can we decide the true value. Please post as soon as possible.

You know what scantily clad women are good for? Getting attention. Do we care what they have to say? NO!! Will we stick around and listen to anything as long as they are scantily clad? YES!!! So, I guess it does serve a purpose!

the thing in the photo is known as a Real Doll ,just from a photo I can't say if she belongs to the OP or not but judging from the two threads he has started about women my I suggest he has some sort of issue with real women. Thank Heaven for the Real Doll !

REALDOLL

top topics

<<   2 >>

join