It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pee Wee Herman is BACK (Todays Secret Word is "Theater")

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Paul Reubens' Pee-wee is enjoying his second act ext

The Secret Word today is: Comeback. Pee-wee has returned from exile.

Bah!!!! OK... The secret WORDS today are "theater" and "comeback"!

Paul Reubens, who virtually abandoned the cult character he created nearly two decades ago following scandal, is making his Broadway debut with a reworking of the same theatrical show that started Pee-wee's career in the late 1980s.

Reubens, now 58, has been soaking up the attention this time around. He has donned his Pee-wee suit and popped up all over New York to drum up attention for "The Pee-wee Herman Show," which officially opens Nov. 11. Everywhere he goes, people say: "Welcome back!" and "Glad you're back."

Much of Pee-wee's exile has been self-imposed since Reubens' July 1991 arrest for indecent exposure in an adult-movie house in Sarasota, Fla. He was handed a small fine but the damage to the character was incalculable.

Source

Everybody do the happy dance!

Personally I think Pee Wee (Paul Reubens) has more than paid for his little adult theater faux paus and I think it is high time that we are, once again, treated to this hilarious character!

After all, even Pee Wee said:

There's a lotta things about me you don't know anything about, Dottie. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand. Things you shouldn't understand.

Pee-wee's Big Adventure (1985)

And I think we all understand what he meant now, and have gotten past it!

So get ready to go back to Pee Wee's playhouse! And don't forget the secret word....

~Heff
edit on 10/31/10 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
heh i love pee wee herman...
for me he is the only one who can do the bird justice.

the bird, bird bird, the bird is the word...

great news and thanks for bringing it to me (:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Welcome back Sir Pee Wee!!!

In honor of his return, we should all go see him and expose ourselves.

It could be fun....no?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Mask.....

We let him get on TV and a few movies under his belt... and THEN we invite him out for a night at the movies, with TMZ on speed dial!

I know how to get paid!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I saw a thing about him on Bio. It was kind of sad seeing him in the suit. I hope he can make a go of it.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
So was the small fine because his Herman is peewee?

-m0r

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I suppose it would be proper to also present what is possibly the most well know image of our Pee Wee...

In fact it might surprise you to learn that Pee Wee contends that he is innocent of the charges. His defense? That the police state that he was using the wrong hand and that research by Masters and Johnson definitively shows that people don't tend to use their non-dominant hand for such activities.

Link to Pee Wees side of the story

Who'd have thought that my joy over Pee Wee coming back would lead me, head on, into a Pee Wee conspiracy!?!?

A strange world we live in indeed... And thanks to ATS we all get to learn about it!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

They just set him up because they want that bike. It's a conspiracy, I tell you.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
PeeWee's funny.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

we should all go see him and expose ourselves.

I'm game if you are.

top topics

join