It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK and US spend millions to counter Yemeni threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

As British and US leaders yesterday pondered their next attempt to neutralise Yemen's threat to global order, their elite troops were already secretly waging a campaign against al-Qa'ida on the ground.

For almost two years, since CIA director Leon Panetta warned that Yemen could become a "safe haven for al-Qa'ida", British special forces have been operating in the country "in significant numbers".

Defence chiefs relocated several Special Air Service (SAS) and Special Reconnaissance Regiment (SRR) soldiers from Afghanistan to Somalia and Yemen in 2009, amid concerns that the states were becoming alternative bases for Islamic extremists. Around 50 elite US military experts are training Yemeni counterterrorism forces – double last year's total.

A soldier guards the US firm UPS in Sana'a, yesterday

Source: www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I mean, why are the U.S. and U.K. governments propping up the Yemeni government in a bid to stop Al-CIA-da from taking hold in the Middle Eastern country?

They want us to believe that we a fighting a 'true' war on terror when in fact they also control the terrorist organizations through their leaderships.

Their agenda is a destabilized Yemen, that would serve as a pretext for an invasion and occupation of Yemen, just like Iraq and Afghanistan (the latter is not a Middle Eastern country).

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I wouldnt be shocked
it may seem like a lot of money but how much are your lives and safety worth
oh, and if the money wasnt put in for security and attack hapened, you would be scorning the government for not doing anything

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
These are the same intelligence services that have in effect murdered my life with there useless analysis, lol.

These people are never right, i.e uk and usa intelligence groups, never.

So we are supposed to believe them now. My life of 18 years of these animals wrecking my life with minority report garbage techs, that have never been right, so now they are somehow right, rubbish i say.

Uk and usa just pick on these people and pretend they are doing something to them, thats how the game works.

These people have no interest but to live there lifes, but animals in side uk and usa want to find anyone they can say are going after them. Get it no one is attacking usa, no one is with any sort of brain would. These people from uka nd usa, go after people destroy there lifes and then pretend they are doing something wrong.

Uk and usa go all over this world doing this same thing. Anglo american empire is the reason so many countries are dirt poor, with rubbish leaders who steal everything not stolen by the west.

Uk and usa intelligence = lol do not make me laugh.
edit on 10/31/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrReed
I wouldnt be shocked
it may seem like a lot of money but how much are your lives and safety worth
oh, and if the money wasnt put in for security and attack hapened, you would be scorning the government for not doing anything

If our corrupt leaders were not acting on behalf of greedy corporations and invading those lands for resources, then there would not be an issue. It is NOT the people's fault. Most people with a brain (which seems to be getting fewer as the years go on unfortunately) are opposed to, and can see through these schemes. Yet our so-called democratically elected leaders never listen to the people who elected them, and just betray us for their own personal gain.

This is a situation brought upon us by our very own governments, it disgusts me that rather than accept they are in the wrong and do the right thing for once in their pathetic lives, they just throw more of our money they have swindled from us at the problem.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
all $$$ and Lbs going to "contractors" of course !

and to all their loyal "employees" too !

many think is just yet another Mossadd plan.

big business ... big money ... big tax bills

how is YOUR paycheck these days ??

join