It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lie Factory: The US Media's coverage of Iraq War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hitler's propaganda machine would be SO proud of the way the White House and Corporate media sold the public on the war. It's time for Americans to turn off their TV sets and reject network news outright. You will never get the full or straight story from them. They are nothing but mouthpieces for whoever occupies the White House.

Here's a compendium of how they did it:

Iraq Invasion Media Bias and Deception
The Western Media Deceives the World About the Iraq Invasion.

The Media Covers the Iraq Invasion also known as the war on Iraq. It was more of an invasion than a war. American TV media has distorted stories, reported numerous unsubstantiated stories, taken the White House for its word without investigating the facts, omitted pertinent facts or portions of stories and have taken the roll of informercial for the Bush administration and for the corporate sponsors. This has been most apparent during the Iraq invasion. They have misled the public like never before.
tvnewslies.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
And the sad thing is alot of people believe the Bush administration because they only watch the American news channels and ignore the rest of the worlds news. Granted some people still read and watch other nations news but don't believe them. Why? It's called "mind conditioning." Whatever the local news media tells you (mostly controlled by the government) you believe it.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
People are afraid of the truth. It might shatter their carefully cultivated illusions.

The best way to get news is to hop online and read compendiums from different sites offering news and analysis from all over the world. That way you get the widest perspective possible, not just one side of everything.

Mainstream media can't touch the internet as far as analysis goes, either. If you like reading 6th grade info on a 6th grade level, stick with the mainstream. If you want real, hard-hitting stuff go electronic. You can't go wrong.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ever notice how if Bush should deign to address the media that in itself is considered a news event? Look at Tony Blair... to justify the war he has to get up in front of a belligerent parliament many times a week and stand his ground, thinking on his feet, responding to challenges. While I don't agree with his views on the war, THAT is what a real leader should do in a society with a free press. With Bush, it's a joke... how long do you think he'd last being cross-examined by congress or the press before making some monumental screw-up or breaking down crying. And the media still treats him with unprecedented respect. Sickening. Sickening!!

The other day I thought I was watching Fox news. It took me about an hour to realize it was actually just my american flag screensaver.

-koji K.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There's no way in hell they'd let Shrub speak freely for more than a few minutes on camera, under oath, before congress or anywhere for that matter! He is not capable. It's would be hilarious if weren't so disturbing.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Where have all you previous posters been hiding? From what you have stated about the news media bias I would be under the impression that the medial supported our presidents position. This is far from the truth. The vast majority of printed and televised news coverage is against our president wether it be foreign or domestic policy decisions.
Wakeup dommies and identified those that are for and against him. This also includes his cabinet members.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Replace them ALL. Period, there needs to be a house cleaning.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hello? We're talking about during the run-up to the invasion. LOOK at the link. It's about lying the unwashed and untrained masses into illegally invading and occupying a sovereign nation.

Like I said before - do yourselves a favor and turn off the network news for good. Otherwise, you're going to remain blinde, deaf and dumb to what's actually happening around you.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Replace them ALL. Period, there needs to be a house cleaning.

AMEN AND AMEN! If Shrub had a brain
, he'd take a page from Reagan's handbook and fire EVERY LAST NEOCON MOFO in the administration. He can kiss his a$$ good-bye if he doesn't come November.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
But you know what, power changes people, the people in power are not afraid of being replaced. Maybe one or two will, but as a whole they will not.

The new people will be changed, maybe not in the first 50 years but they will.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Nah, SpittinCobra, there are about 15 NeoConservatives currently occupying positions of power in this administration. All Bush has to do is fire every last one of them. 15 - no big deal. It's the only way Bush can right his administration. As in everything else these fools have broken, they will be the albatross that sinks Bush. Once they're out of power, they will slither back to the netherworld they came from.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
EastCoastKid - you appear (fairly obviously) to be fanatically opposed to GW Bush. You seem to blame all the problems of the world on the CIA. You seem to forget that Clinton was in control of the same CIA for the preceding 8 long years. A president doesn't replace the entire CIA organization when he wins an election. As much as you hate Bush, I assume you LOVED Clinton. How come all this stuff you blame on the CIA for the last multiple decades isn't being blamed on Clinton. He had many more years to "fix" it than Bush has had, but you childishly blame all the world's problems on the "current" president whom you happen to not like. That is like the child that eats 10 cookies from the jar having a tantrum and screaming that "He ate all of them!" when their brother only eats 2 but they were the last 2. Grow up and be a bit more rational and you may be believable. Right now...you aren't...you're ranting actually sounds pretty silly and you don't have much (any) credibility.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hmm, I see I've stumbled on the final semblance of any sanity in America. From what I've seen, heard, adn been yelled at for, there are a lot of people who are using the media to turn a lot of rage against the Muslim people as a whole. While I can understand picking on Islamic terrorists, the entire muslim population seems to be being targetted. ESK, what are your thoughts on said matter?

DE

new topics

top topics

join