It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prohibition of torture 'absolute,' UN officials reaffirm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I used to be against our being a party to the ICC (International Criminal Court) for essentially the same reason given by Bush. However... that was back when I thought there was no way the USA would ever be involved in committing war crimes. That day has arrived and I have to say, I am so disgusted by the current leadership, I have changed my mind.

This scandal goes all the way up the chain of command to Bush and Rumsfeld. War crimes HAVE been committed. Let the heads roll! Turn them over to the ICC. Purge this government/Pentagon of its wicked leaders once and for all. Let them be tried before the world court.

It's the only way the USA will ever be able to regain its former place in the world. It's the only way we can honestly make ammends.

Here's this, Kofi Annan's latest statements regarding war crimes:

Prohibition of torture 'absolute,' UN officials reaffirm

26 June 2004 Secretary-General Kofi Annan leads a chorus of United Nations human rights officials and experts denouncing torture today, saying that international prohibitions against such cruel treatment are absolute and apply whether in peacetime or war.

In a message on the International Day in Support of Victims of Torture, observed annually on 26 June, the Secretary-General calls it an occasion for the world to reaffirm that torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment is unacceptable and cannot be tolerated.
www.un.org...

new topics

join