It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man walked on the moon... NOT.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

Let me reiterate my argument, this time in question form: Do you rate your knowledge and skill - engineering, mathematics, physics - as high as the thousands of engineers and scientists that worked directly on the Apollo missions?

Just yet another emotional blah-blah-blah
maybe, would you like ans my questions?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

You call the calculations of many scientists and experts "total rubbish"?

And you have arrived at this decision due to your vast knowledge, training and expertise in the field of.....what, exactly??

Have you any peer-reviewed published papers that could be considered a valid argument for the "deadly" Van Allen Belts?

In your research, did you uncover the fact that Dr. Van Allen himself stated that they aren't that dangerous, for limited exposure intervals??

Did you know that there are dozens (hundreds?) of satellites currently in orbit that traverse the Belts continually, twice on each orbit? No, they are not manned, of course...but all that radiation surely would affect the electronics...if it were powerful enough to instantly kill a human, yes??

Yet, those satellites continue to operate normally for years and years....traversing the "deadly and powerful" radiation, twice each orbit --- so that is multiple times each "day" (24-hour period).

Now....where are your papers?
edit on 5 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: typo

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarK0Y
reply to post by Smack

Let me reiterate my argument, this time in question form: Do you rate your knowledge and skill - engineering, mathematics, physics - as high as the thousands of engineers and scientists that worked directly on the Apollo missions?

Just yet another emotional blah-blah-blah
maybe, would you like ans my questions?

So far you've presented nothing but emotional responses. You should be providing answers, since it is you that is attempting to disprove what is commonly accepted as fact.
We are talking about science here; produce some numbers to back up your claims, or concede that you're not up to the task of taking on decades of documented research, evidence and practical application behind the greatest technical feat ever achieved by mankind.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

So far you've presented nothing but emotional responses.

can you show me where i was only emotional in my posts?
however, yet another question: if nasa has had so successful project -- why don't they reconstruct that spacecraft with modern "guts"(computers, power sources & so on), why do they need so much to develop new one from Zero?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

You call the calculations of many scientists and experts "total rubbish"? And you have arrived at this decision due to your vast knowledge, training and expertise in the field of.....what, exactly??

Prime problem to create trajectory is Gravity

Have you any peer-reviewed published papers that could be considered a valid argument for the "deadly" Van Allen Belts?

where was i saying that they're fatally harmful to spacecraft???

edit on 5-11-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

Well, since you demonstrate an inability or unwillingness to present a cogent and reasoned argument, I have to assume that you did not come here for a discussion, or you'd have presented your case with the seriousness and rigor such matters require - that is, if one is to be taken seriously.
Since you've failed to do so, I don't think there is much else to do but politely disagree and move on.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Smack

Well, since you demonstrate an inability or unwillingness to present a cogent and reasoned argument,

cogent and reasoned argument???
man, you absolutely have said Nothing: i asked you direct question. most expensive part of any project is R&D phase; if to believe nasa, they has had really successful solution to reach the Moon -- in fact, that experience must significantly reduce costs of new spacecraft & curtail Time for project completion. however, they make every phase from Zero
eh(!), what's reason to say after Moon mission, if they can't supersede their almighty shat(le)?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
i love nasa, entertaining web-sites ain't needed -- just read news from'em

NASA has announced plans to start developing jets that can fly at hypersonic speeds, potentially drastically reducing the time it takes to fly to destinations around the world. The long term aim of the project would be to come up with the technology that would allow a reusable aircraft to make a journey to Mars and back.

The current proposal is that NASA will allocate funds of $5 million each year for the next three years in order to turn the idea into reality.

www.discountvouchers.co.uk...
why are they so humble??? they must create manned vessels to travel the beyond Solar System

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bulgogi

I am sorry that you don't believe that man has walked on the moon. I may not trust everything the government tells me, but I do trust my friend. He was there and you are mistaken.

Someone sent me a question in a private message. I am sorry but I haven't posted enough to be allowed to send a private message yet. I did try to respond before I realized this but then the message popped up telling me that I could not. After that your message was gone. If you read this please resend your question and I will respond in time.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
why is it every time man achieves something great, people want to doubt it? pyramids? aliens! ancient knowledge of the solar system? aliens! traveled to the moon? hoax!

we're a pretty smart breed, us humans. stop underestimating what we can do.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

pyramids?

Matter of Fact, GP's are grave reality == They has been pure evidence of Ancients [have been/were] existed, & [have] had high - Advanced techs. Moon flight is proven only by funny photos/videos, made by nasa pictures

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join