It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you Star posts?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm fairly new to this site but i guess I'v found myself starring posts that have either taught me something or generally interested me. But sometimes contradicting opinions.. and only flags to what I see as inspirational or shocking! Good question but, I imagine there are a lot of star giving junkies out there..

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
After reading your post, OP, I realized how stingy I am with my stars! I usually only star if someone says something that I agree with, but they articulated it much better than I could have. Or if they say something that puts me on the opposite side of the fence and able to see another viewpoint. I'll also star (of course), OP's that are something truly interesting that I never would have seen on msn.

Originally posted by agent violet
The answer is quite simple. Why do you, give stars to people's posts?

Everyone gives stars for different reasons, of that I am sure. Some because the idea expressed in the post is sheer brilliance. Others because the post is somewhat humorous, and others because the post is sarcastic. Some star their friends posts, others star posts that agree with their own opinions.

While, I of course star for those very reasons too, I also star for another reason as well.

Sometimes I star posts, just cause. Just to star. Not really for any reason at all. Just to star, as simple as that.

Other times though, I go all out on star sprees. Sometimes I star only people based on username, or join date, or post counts. Sometimes, I even star people just because their point of view disagrees with my own. Sometimes, I star people for no reason at all, just to star them.

Sometimes, I only star posts by females on a thread. Other times, only those of guys. How do I judge who is male and female? Well I guess based on username. Sometimes I even star based on avatars. And sometimes, I star based on signatures too.

Custom avatars, pretty looking avatars, neat spacey avatars, and all around awesome avatars almost always get their posts starred. Creepy, scary avatars on the other hand... not so much.

Sometimes, I just hand out stars just because I feel bad for someone on the thread.

So my fellow members of ATS, why do you Star?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

i star posts that seem well thought of, organized, constructive, truthful, and other reasons
really if you make a good post put some time and thought in it I will throw u a star and flag your thread
i dont like how people can get so many stars for saying smart ass replys think they some comedian

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I star pretty much everything that rings a bell with me. There are some very talented people on this site that deserve stars for pretty much everything they do......No I am not talking about phage.

Starring is my way of showing that I respect their input.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I star and flag a thread when I think it is important and needs to be seen. I never
just star, or just flag a thread. I also S@F a thread if the OP has done an honorable
amount of work in constructing the thread, regardless of the thread's importance--as
a reward for their effort.

I hand out stars for individual posts when I absolutely agree with the poster...
edit on 1-11-2010 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Perhaps there should be a limit on how many FLAGS are dished out per day, per account? That way, the value of your contributable flag goes up?

Rev.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

Well, I star if a post has good material in it that makes me think. Or as someone else said, I see the star as a high five.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join