It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: US Soldier Keith "Matt" Maupin Executed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Has any other info come out as to who was responsible for the execution? The source that broke the story, al Jazeera, I believe, had this to say:

In videotaped and written statements mailed to Aljazeera, a previously unknown Iraqi group has claimed it has executed a US soldier it captured in April.

Keith Maupin, 20, of Batavia, Ohio, who was listed as captured on 16 April by the US Department of Defence (DOD), was executed because the Bush administration did not change its policies in Iraq, the statement said.

The group - calling itself the Persistent Power Against the Enemies of God and the Prophet - claimed the execution was also in revenge for what it called atrocities committed against "Muslim martyrs" in Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Algeria.

They shot him instead of beheading him. Thank God for small blessings. But this would make me think that they were probably Iraqis, or at least not al Qaeda. Maybe they were remnants of Saddam's military.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Hmmm this is a heavily hated occupation afterall guys, people are bound to get shot. Dont like it? Bring em home

He was kind of lucky in a way, I'm sure his execution was alot less savage than the previous ones. My condolences go out to his family.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join