It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict XVI = Anti-Christ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

edit on 31-10-2010 by madleo because: Double post

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by madleo

I am completely confused here.

Your husband was a Catholic for 64 years and didn't know that the Catholic Church doesn't teach that you should pray to the Pope?

Eric

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Pretty poor theology on the part of a Ratzinger, for the All Inclusive Christ.

That said, even worse theology towards the end of that video regarding hell.

Pretty sad all around.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Hasn't essentially every Pope been called the antichrist at some point during his reign? What really differentiates Darth Benedict (aka Pope Sidious) from the rest of the wannabe antichrists?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

He asked the pope to pray for him. I saw that I wrote to and not for. Sorry for the confusion. My bad!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Well where is Jesus disciples? Jesus told them his return was near and they would not die before his return. So where is he? Where are you Jesus?

No, no, no... you're misquoting Jesus. What He said was:

"And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power."

John SAW the kingdom of God come with power,

on an island called "Patmos" in 95 AD when he received the Revelation of Jesus Christ in a vision.

Christ's words were extremely precise.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Saw this very interesting video claiming that Pope Benedict XVI is the Antichrist.

Baaah!

People have speculated that whoever the pope is in office at the time is the antichrist.
There have been hundreds of popes and yet almost all have had their fair share of people
screaming 'antichrist' at them. None of them fit the bill.

Pope Benedict is just a eurocentric old man who is a transitional pope for the church.
No one can fill PJPII's shoes. The cardinals knew this. They needed a transitional pope.
Benedict fit the bill. He won't have a long pontificate.

As for the antichrist .. he's supposed to be charasmatic and have people, especially the young,
fall over themselves in adoration of him. He's supposed to set himself up as a messiagh figure.
He's supposed to promise to heal the world, the waters, the people, and bring peace (HIS kind
of peace) to the world. (gee .. sounds like some campaign promises of someone we know
)
The popes, especially recently, don't fit the bill. No one cares what they say and even most
Catholics don't follow the church rules. So the pope, at least Ratzinger (Benedict) is out as
Anti-Christ. If people don't follow what you say .. you can't be the anti-christ.

It's the NEXT pope that will be interesting. Prophecy has him as Peter the Roman and that he
won't be a good guy. Not that he'd be the antichrist, but that he'd not be a good pope. He might
be a tool of the antichrist. Something like that.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

There is no rapture. It's just soul-candy teaching from failed anglican priest Nelson Darby in the mid 1800s. The notion of a pre-trib rapture goes against scripture. Rapture has been fully debunked in the BTS religion forum.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by madleo
Not to burst your bubble. My husband has been a catholic for 64 years. Like you he thought that God chose the pope. Well, he was corrected 2 months ago!
He prayed/asked the pope for healing and got a bit of a shock. Jesus came to him and said, "Why do you ask the pope, he is just a man! If you want anything you have to ask to me!"
Imagen what shock it was for a 64 year old catholic.
Now for our proud athiest friend this might sound like bull, but trust me, for a catholic to realize that the pope is nothing, is a big deal. For my husband to tell me what happened and to acknowledge that I've been right all these years, is a BIG deal! :lol
I do not believe the pope is the Antichrist though, cause it is said that the Antichrist will destroy the Vatican and that the pope will flee.

Ahhh, there's the truth right there.
If you need help, go to the source, not some dude in a funny hat.
There should be no one between you and yor deity of choice.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
Ahhh, there's the truth right there.
If you need help, go to the source, not some dude in a funny hat.
There should be no one between you and yor deity of choice.

You seem to be under a misconception that the Catholic Church attempts to dissuade people from going directly to God. It doesn't. Asking for the intercession of a Saint, Mary, fellow parishioners, your clergy, your family or the Pope is simply asking them to pray for you.

There are examples throughout the Bible of people praying for others, including in Acts and Ephesians.

Eric

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
LOL, the Pope cannot be the antichrist, that is unless they have a Muslim as the next one. The antichrist must carry all 3 of these titles:

1. The Assyrian
2. Prince of Persia
3. King of Babylon

The pope very well could be the false prophet though, and if a pope denies the deity of Jesus Christ and denies He is God's Son ("spirit of antichrist") the Muslims would love him and accept him.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

There is no rapture. It's just soul-candy teaching from failed anglican priest Nelson Darby in the mid 1800s. The notion of a pre-trib rapture goes against scripture. Rapture has been fully debunked in the BTS religion forum.

Umm, not it has not, been in BTS for almost 5 years now and there are numerous statements rapture fighters cannot answer/debunk. Secondly, it's a common myth that nelson Darby was the first to teach the rapture doctrine, that's 100% false too.

Attn. Rapture Doubters and Fighters

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
LOL, the Pope cannot be the antichrist, that is unless they have a Muslim as the next one. The antichrist must carry all 3 of these titles:

1. The Assyrian
2. Prince of Persia
3. King of Babylon
So far Jake Gyllenhaal carries one of those titles...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

WOW...

I knew that was coming. Haha

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Well where is Jesus disciples?

Near to you is different compared to God's near. Near can be 2,000+ years to a God. You are just impatient.
As far as the disciples, I myself believe in reincarnation.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
He does have that evil look. I bet he is really a nice guy. Anti-catholic sentiments aside, he was in a NAZI organization, the Hitler Youth.

I think he said he joined to avoid being shot. He needs to do something Christian to alleviate our fears.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The video was somewhat of a wet noodle, I was expecting some hard hitting heresy on behalf of Pope Benedict, but what the video presented was rather tame in comparison to some other pontiffs. And the following bit about hell was presented in the sad, typical fashion...embarrassing.

If you were to examine the writings of previous popes you'd find some down right scandalous beliefs.

The notion that the Pope is THE Antichrist stems from misunderstanding what the Antichrist represents. The truth is many of us will be cheering, applauding and crying with joy when the Antichrist reveals himself as the promised messiah. Many will be given over to a strange delusion but there will be voices to alert us of the true Antichrist, if we have the ears to hear.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

God chooses the Pope? sorry but i dont see a relation between roman catholics, and Christ. Romans, are romans, with ALL their believes and faith. Absolutely deviated from real spirituality... remember romans as well as greeks loved orgies, wine, drunk people, poligamy, tons of gods, etc. That's absolutely the opposite side of christianity.

Please clarify me this... read Acts 4:12, that's Peter talking himself, and more than 10 people doing the same as he did. therefore, he's not "the only one" nor the chosen. Just read, dont talk about religion, i talk about the context, the history, etc.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join