It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict XVI = Anti-Christ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Saw this very interesting video claiming that Pope Benedict XVI is the Antichrist. To be honest I don't know a lot about this subject so after a quick ATS search revealing nothing on the matter I thought that I'd post this video here on ATS to see what you lot think.

From my personal and shared group experiences I feel that the end times are not too far away and just in-case the Christian version of God and Satan do infact exist then we need to be looking at who the Antichrist is. Just insurance

Below is the video claiming that Pope Benedict XVI is the Antichrist and I hate to say it but out of all likely candidates I think that the pope is actually one of the most likely. No matter how ironic it sounds..

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This just can't be.
I am the Antichrist!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
How can there be an Anti-Christ when there has been no Messiah yet? Jesus never fulfilled what the Messiah was supposed to accomplish and he lied about the second or third coming. Which Jesus said would be near.
I ask you for the evidence. Second Coming?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
How can there be an Anti-Christ when there has been no Messiah yet? Jesus never fulfilled what the Messiah was supposed to accomplish and he lied about the second or third coming. Which Jesus said would be near.
I ask you for the evidence. Second Coming?

I'm trying to find some decent evidence to suggest that the Antichrist may lurk around BEFORE the rapture of the church but I'm afraid I can't find anything right this second although I do remember reading about it

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Well where is Jesus disciples? Jesus told them his return was near and they would not die before his return. So where is he? Where are you Jesus? Source

What does "this generation" mean in the verse, "Truly I say to you this generation will not pass away until all these things take place" (Matthew 24:32, Mark 13:30, Luke 21:32)?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Well where is Jesus disciples? Jesus told them his return was near and they would not die before his return. So where is he? Where are you Jesus? Source

What does "this generation" mean in the verse, "Truly I say to you this generation will not pass away until all these things take place" (Matthew 24:32, Mark 13:30, Luke 21:32)?

Watch the video and then comment

Before you say you did, you replied WAY too fast too be commenting on the video.

I do not wish to get into a religious debate with you because I remember you derailing another thread of mine with the help of some other people, don't take it personally.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Because I have seen videos by that group before. Nothing but pointless fear to get you to worship a false God. I have question for you. Are you a Christian? Do you feel anything differently after becoming a Christian? If you are a Christian that is.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Because I have seen videos by that group before. Nothing but pointless fear to get you to worship a false God. I have question for you. Are you a Christian? Do you feel anything differently after becoming a Christian? If you are a Christian that is.

No I am not a Christian and PLEASE do not derail my thread AGAIN.

I remember last time.

Your comments usually start off alright and then turn for the worse. I really do see the potential for a good "ATS'r" in you if you cut out all the rubbish

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Well then I state my cause. I apologizing for derailing your thread about a false prophet.
Thank you for your time.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Well then I state my cause. I apologizing for derailing your thread about a false prophet.
Thank you for your time.

Its exactly your kind of attitude that is starting to make ATS a tedious place to reside. You seem smart. You seem very snide. Just remember, no matter how smart you are it does not replace the fact that you are being snide. People don't like snide people. Just a heads up

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Well I'm still young and suffering from the after effects of being an teenager. Give me time and I will mature. In the mean time life is an adventure of awesome!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I'm 18 years old and I talk to people with respect. I've done some CRAAAZZY things and hung around with some very disrespectful people but it hasn't rubbed off on me.

I'm actually not being sarcastic when I say that you have potential. From what I've seen of your posts you can back things up and you make some good points but you go about it in the completely wrong way. An argumentative way not a debatable way.

I'm not trying to cause an argument I'm just giving you some life tips.

And now, partly because of me and partly because of you this thread has been completely derailed.

But then again it never really got a chance to leave the station seeing as there were 2 comments about 1 minute after I posted the thread about this video even though the video itself is about 10 minutes long.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Well like earlier I apologize for derailing you thread. Keep up the good work and being respectful to your other members.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

That was indeed interesting. I don't know what to make of it. I sent it to a friends Grandmother who is a Pastor and has been since we were kids. The friend once said to me that he was probably the antichrist via his name and we both cracked up.... Good find, PEACE

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

how can the anti-christ be the pope. God would never permit it. it is an impossibility. satan maybe able to fool man but he cannot fool God. there are so many things God can do to satan and the anti-christ that they wouldn't even be able to attempt it.

second, God chooses the pope, through inspiration, divine intervention and the Holy Spirit working through the cardinals that elect him. it is supernatural, that unless u experience it u would never believe it.

sleep peacefully and rest assured God would never let the anti-christ lead His Son's Church.

when the pope declares that someone is the anti-christ then i'd be worried and take that seriously.
edit on 30-10-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
By professing that Jesus has come in the flesh, the Pope has already taken himself out of contention to be the antiChrist.

IMHO, Javier Solana is a much more likely candidate.

Eric

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

how can the anti-christ be the pope. God would never permit it. it is an impossibility. satan maybe able to fool man but he cannot fool God. there are so many things God can do to satan and the anti-christ that they wouldn't even be able to attempt it.

second, God chooses the pope, through inspiration, divine intervention and the Holy Spirit working through the cardinals that elect him. it is supernatural, that unless u experience it u would never believe it.

sleep peacefully and rest assured God would never let the anti-christ lead His Son's Church.

when the pope declares that someone is the anti-christ then i'd be worried and take that seriously.

You have to remember that Catholicism is a warped version of Christianity.

Do I really need to prove links?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
You have to remember that Catholicism is a warped version of Christianity.

Do I really need to prove links?

Only if you want to sway anyone who didn't already agree with your viewpoint.

Please choose links from neutral sites. The more scholarly the better. Please include an explanation of how what you are linking to shows that Catholicism is a warped version of Catholicism.

If you truly have an interest in searching for an objective truth and if you are using links to non-Catholic religious sites or souces, find a Catholic appropriate apologetics site and provide a link to a counter argument so the reader can come to a conclusion after reading both sides.

Eric

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Not to burst your bubble. My husband has been a catholic for 64 years. Like you he thought that God chose the pope. Well, he was corrected 2 months ago!
He prayed/asked the pope for healing and got a bit of a shock. Jesus came to him and said, "Why do you ask the pope, he is just a man! If you want anything you have to ask to me!"
Imagen what shock it was for a 64 year old catholic.
Now for our proud athiest friend this might sound like bull, but trust me, for a catholic to realize that the pope is nothing, is a big deal. For my husband to tell me what happened and to acknowledge that I've been right all these years, is a BIG deal! :lol
I do not believe the pope is the Antichrist though, cause it is said that the Antichrist will destroy the Vatican and that the pope will flee.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join