It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TALKING toilets have cost WA ratepayers almost $18 million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

A total of 45 talking toilets had been built in the metropolitan area and 26 in regional WA.

At about $250,000 each, it means WA ratepayers have splashed out about $17.75 million on the lavish loos, most built since 2005.

Are the singing toilets value for money or could it be spent elsewhere? Have your say now.

One of the space-age dunnies made headlines earlier this year when it was revealed the City of Bunbury used $250,000 in Royalties for Regions funds to build it.

The fancy prefabricated toilet at Bunbury's Koombana Bay Ski Beach says "welcome" to customers and plays a piano version of Burt Bacharach's What The World Needs Now Is Love. Other loos play different tunes.
www.perthnow.com.au...

If my dunny could talk it would say "Dude lay off the chilli" and would play the song "What The World Needs Now Is a big can of air freshner"

What would your dunny say and what would it play?
edit on 30-10-2010 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

We have one in my area, where the mall is, you know they always have to have one where the mall is. It is absolutely useless.

It says that you have 10 minutes to use the toilet, the mans voice while you are taking a sh1t zzz.

WTF/

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

That would freak me out pal.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Let me guess, government right?

I just got done renovating a bathroom a couple months back. Completely new fixtures, lav, cabinet, toilet, shower, all done in ceramic tile.

If I would have built it for the government, I could of charged 12.2 million. All done for 8,000.

Yeah, we need more government. We need more idiotic stuff like this.

Heck, if they used the money for jobs, they could have hired like two people for 6 months.

Looking at the structure and the sidewalk leading to it, I would have given a bid for about 15 plus materials. My estimate, about 35k at the most.

I am assuming it was a no bid contract to some representative's husbands business.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Exactly

At $250,000 a piece that would almost build you a new home and land.Lower end would be $300-$350k

But hey, at least the dunnies are polite.

edit on 30-10-2010 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
this is how municipal councilors make their bread and butter. after a companies no bid contract is approved, the company's owner deposits a nice percentage usually 10-15% to the parties involved swiss bank account followed by a third party's generous campaign contribution.

then when these no name crooks don't get re-elected or retire, they quietly buy million dollar mansions in the city's best neighborhoods and make the rounds on the cocktail circuit.

the fbi is all tied looking for osama or prosecuting canadian marijuana seed dealers, so they are severely under staffed to look into political corruption.

edit on 30-10-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thats about right, we must find something better to waste taxpayers dollars on than more useful things like roads, the chroniclly ill hospital system etc. Talking crappers is what we need.

Come election time is the music going to change to some goverment election advert? How long will it take for the advertiseing capability of these tax payer funded crappers, to taken over the corproate sector and used for adverts by fast food outlets etc.

Are these crappers equipped with shuddup buttons so we dont have to listen to audiological rubbish? or are going to have to listen it wether we like it or not?

Where do get politicans of crappy calibre from?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bussoboy
Thats about right, we must find something better to waste taxpayers dollars on than more useful things like roads, the chroniclly ill hospital system etc. Talking crappers is what we need.

Where do get politicans of crappy calibre from?

Its local government/councils, it hits ratepayers.Though makes little difference to ones hip pocket.

I wonder if you can set the dunny to constipated and it suddenly yells "BOO!"

top topics

join