It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazca Lines, Piri Reis Map RELATED

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by I B Dazzlin

Okay, the picture just doesn't seem to be explaining well enough, I'm going to make a video to explain.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Techy

I'm eagerly awaiting the Vid!
Don't lose hope!
I think it is really too much of a coincedence, out of all the spots on earth.. and they match up like that?
Too strange, there must be something to it.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by I B Dazzlin
reply to post by Techy

I just pulled out a protractor and measured some angles on the maps and here is what I found.
Nazca lines- Blue triangle has the angles of 90, 45, and 50 degrees.
Piri Reis- Blue triangle has the angles of 97, 35, and 68 degrees.
Since the angles are not the same the triangles are not the same. This differentiation in the angles of the blue triangles and the grey lines seems to be pointing in the direction of coincidence to me.

A triangle has 180 degrees. Your "measurements" don't even add up to triangles...
not to mention, by your own admission, they don't even match each other.

edit on 11/2/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Thats my bad but I was measuring this with a protractor on my screen so I may be off but that still does not disprove that they are not the same triangles. I looked again and checked my measurements which I should of in the first place and this is what I found.
Nazca- the angles are around 89 degrees, 47 degrees, and 44 degrees.
Piri Reis- the angles are around 70 degrees, 30 degrees, and 80 degrees.
These angles all add up to 180 degrees this time and I still dont think these two triangles have anything to do with each other.
Chamberf=6 thanks for catching my math mistake but you could of helped out by making some quick measurements yourself and displaying them. I have no clue what you are talking about at the end where you say

by your own admission, they don't even match each other.

I never said that the two triangles matched each other. I have been saying that these triangles are not similar at all, as they do not share the same angles. I do not believe that these angles have anything to do with each other.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I have no clue what you are talking about at the end where you say

by your own admission, they don't even match each other.

I never said that the two triangles matched each other. I have been saying that these triangles are not similar at all, as they do not share the same angles. I do not believe that these angles have anything to do with each other.

Right, so what is to not understand??

It's just that the case for any relevance between the map and the Nazca lines isn't shown at all, so I agree with you -- except for your first measurements of the angles adding up to triangles.

edit on 11/2/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

OOOHHHHHH I see now what you are saying thats my apalogies to you. I was thrown off there for a second for some reason I don't know what I was thinking. Im still trying to figure out what Techy is trying to get at with all this.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Have you measured the grey angles? I did and they was about 0.5 degrees difference on the Piri Reis map. But anyway, I'll try to work on a video tonight, it will be much easier to describe when I can show you what I mean.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Techy

It looks like there is a 5 degree difference to me not 0.5. However the the posittion of the grey line, yellow and red triangles are all in different positions compared to the blue triangle in the two maps. In the Nazca line the grey line comes off as an extension of the blue triangle to form another triangle in the bottom right corner of the yellow triangle and on the Piri Reis map it only touches the vertices of the yellow triangle. If these triangles are related then why would they be positioned differently with different angles?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Like I said, the yellow triangle is flipped upside down and titled slightly to the left on the Piri Reis map. But nope, 0.5 degrees, I measured it myself. Since I was holding a big protractor over my screen I could be slightly wrong, but it is alot less than 5 degrees.

Video uploading now.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Video done, doesn't describe ALL the similarities I found but it explains some of the most major ones.

www.youtube.com...

Sorry about the accent, if you have trouble understanding just tell me and I'll make subtitles

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I printed the maps and measured the angles on the two grey lines and I am holding firm saying there is 5 degrees difference between the two different angles. I measured and got 88 degrees for the Nazca grey line and 83 degrees for the Piri Reis grey line. Im interested in these other similarities in the maps you have found.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join